Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I'm from Macedonia and I'm the only DRFC supporter in my country but I hope that I'm not the onlyone here here on XT.

That's why I would like to open this Official Doncaster Rovers FC thread where we can post news and informations about DRFC.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Doncaster Rovers Football Club

Nicknames: Big Rovers, The Rovers, Big Red Machine, Redcoats
Founded: 1879
Ground: Belle Vue (Earth Stadium) Capacity: 10,500 and soon we'll have new one
Chairman: England John Ryan
Manager: England Sean O'Driscoll
Club website: http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
HajdukSplit said:
Redcoats :eek: didn't they lose 250 years ago to a bunch of farmers?! :pp ;)
OK DZ, you are the best! Yep you are the king of XT and you have to be everywhere. I love you!

You've ruined many threads with your post, so no please get away from here and don't ruin this thread too by posting your s**t.

Molimte LJUBAVI, iskuliraj malo! :cap:

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
England - League One, Saturday 23 Sep 2006 - 16:00 CET
Doncaster v Blackpool

Doncaster boss Sean O'Driscoll is hoping skipper Graeme Lee and James Coppinger are fit after they missed the Carling Cup triumph against Derby.

Strikers Mark McCammon and Michele Di Piedi could be recalled to the squad.

Blackpool look set to name an unchanged side, with striker Matt Blinkhorn unlikely to be risked as he continues to recover from a groin problem.

Adrian Forbes (groin), John Murphy (back), Phil Doughty (broken leg) and Simon Wiles (knee) are all missing.

18. Doncaster Rovers 9 2 4 3 7:8 10
21. Blackpool FC 9 1 4 4 9:12 7

3 matches without a win, this is too much. Nothings but a win from this match!!!

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
JumboMkd said:
OK DZ, you are the best! Yep you are the king of XT and you have to be everywhere. I love you!

You've ruined many threads with your post, so no please get away from here and don't ruin this thread too by posting your s**t.

Molimte LJUBAVI, iskuliraj malo! :cap:
Now now, we don't go telling people not too post in our threads in this forum, you Eastern Europeans leave your "dislike" for each other at the door when you come in here, because I don't want to have to deal with it ;)

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Academy product Theo Streete has joined Doncaster Rovers on a month's loan.

The young defender teams up with Sean O'Driscoll's Rovers two days after the League One side dumped the Rams out of the Carling Cup.

Streete was handed a short-term deal at the end of 2005/06. He began that season playing football for Solihull College and didn't even receive any professional coaching of note until he was picked up by the Rams.

He was a regular in the table-topping U18 side during 2005/06 and was given his chance to impress with more senior players in the regular behind-closed-doors games at Moor Farm.

Streete has also got a starring appearance on Sky Sports show Soccer AM to his name. In September 2005 the crew visited Moor Farm for the Rams players to take part in the Crossbar Challenge - and Streete was successful with his attemp

Don't know alot about the guy, apart from he is rated as being quite good, I hope he does well for you guys.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Another 0:0 :(

Doncaster 0-0 Blackpool

Sean O'Driscoll's Doncaster recorded their third successive goalless draw.

In the early stages the match showed promise, with Blackpool's Shaun Barker cracking a 20-yard shot on to the bar.

A minute later Barker was in action at the other end, clearing Paul Green's cross off the line - but thereafter the game fizzled out as a spectacle.

Blackpool had a chance to win three minutes from time following a blunder by Sean Thornton, but Keigan Parker fired wide with only Jan Budtz to beat.

Doncaster: Budtz, O'Connor, Lockwood, Lee, Gareth Roberts (Price 76), Coppinger, Stock, Paul Green, McDaid, Heffernan (Thornton 82), Guy (Forte 66).
Subs Not Used: Smith, Streete.

Booked: Lee.

Blackpool: Evans, Coid, Jackson, Evatt, Barker, Gillett, Southern, Jorgensen, Hoolahan (Fox 87), Vernon, Burgess (Parker 61).
Subs Not Used: Jones, Morrell, Joseph.

Booked: Parker, Evatt.

Att: 5,424

Ref: G Hegley (Hertfordshire).

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Struggling towards the bottom at the moment, you need to play in the league like you do in the cup :)

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
things can change very quickly in the lower divisions. couple of wins and u will be close to the play off zones.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bartle said:
things can change very quickly in the lower divisions. couple of wins and u will be close to the play off zones.
Yes I know but 4 draws in row, just 12 points and 19th position after 11 matches for a team that was considered as a possible surprise and possible promotion candidate, is not so good for me

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Scunthorpe away, they've started quite well, it's time you started winning though, prediction, 2-0 Rovers.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
bartle said:
or a bad defeat can increase the agony.

never mind, u are too good to go down. promotion, however looks highly unlikely.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Scunthorpe 2-0 Doncaster

Second-half goals from strikers Billy Sharp and Andy Keogh gave Scunthorpe a deserved derby win against Doncaster.

The home side took the lead in the 54th minute when Sharp fired in his eighth goal of the season, a right-foot shot low into the bottom far corner.

Keogh then made it 2-0 on 68 minutes when he found room for himself in the box to crash in a right-foot shot.

Rovers, without a league win in six games, offered precious little as an attacking force.

Scunthorpe: Murphy, Mulligan (Crosby 69), Hinds, Foster, Williams, Taylor, Sparrow, Baraclough, Morris (McBreen 82), Sharp, Keogh.
Subs Not Used: Lillis, Byrne, MacKenzie.

Booked: Taylor.

Goals: Sharp 54, Keogh 68.

Doncaster: Budtz, Stephen Roberts, Streete (Forte 50), Lockwood, O'Connor, McDaid, Paul Green, Stock, Coppinger, Heffernan (Price 77), Guy (McCammon 67).
Subs Not Used: Smith, Griffith.

Booked: Stock, Heffernan, O'Connor, Coppinger.

Att: 6,441.

:(

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
ouch. SOD not working the magic yet

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Can you have a guess of the last match result? Yes, it's another draw! This is becoming to annoying

Doncaster 1-1 Oldham

Sean O'Driscoll was denied his first win in charge of Doncaster as Rovers had a goal ruled out late on and had to settle for a point at home to Oldham.

Bruce Dyer fired home in stoppage time only to be ruled offside.

Rovers snatched the lead against the run of play, skipper Graeme Lee heading in after a corner from Paul Green.

But Oldham snatched a deserved equaliser before half-time when Chris Porter slid home from close range following good work by Chris Taylor.

Doncaster: Filan, Lockwood, Lee, Stephen Roberts, O'Connor, Paul Green, Stock, McDaid, Heffernan (Price 66), Guy (Dyer 75), Forte.
Subs Not Used: Budtz, Thornton, Streete.

Booked: Heffernan.

Goals: Lee 23.

Oldham: Pogliacomi, Eardley, Haining, Stam, Charlton, Liddell, McDonald, Wellens, Taylor (Rocastle 85), Porter, Warne (Hall 81).
Subs Not Used: Ryan Smith, Grabban, Trotman.

Booked: McDonald, Wellens. Goals: Porter 45.

Att: 6,241.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
:howler: Your even worse than Wolves last season.

1 - 20 of 168 Posts