Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:cry:

According to SKY Italia Mimmo Di Carlo has been sacked today.

Possible new coaches:

Hector Cuper - long term solution
Giovanni Galeone - until the end of the season
Luigi Simoni

Its possible that it will be a surprise though.

·
Administrator
53,562 Posts
Cant you rob Ranieri from us?

This was expected though sadly, even if a new coach has too few games left to imprint himself. But Di Carlo hasnt been getting the result despite nice efforts.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Mixed emotions, I like Di Carlo the man, but as a coach he has found some difficulties over the last months.
I only hope Ghirardi can make a good decision on who the next coach is.

Thanks Di Carlo for some entertaining games, I think it's a mix between inexperience and the fact that he had to rely on some seriously weak defenders.
I think he can be a good coach in the future though, I wish him luck.

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
:cry:

According to SKY Italia Mimmo Di Carlo has been sacked today.

Possible new coaches:

Hector Cuper - long term solution
Giovanni Galeone - until the end of the season
Luigi Simoni

Its possible that it will be a surprise though.
I hope to God that this WON'T happen!!! I DETEST this man as a coach. He is a anti-football coach and I hope he NEVER gets the chance to coach us.

I too have mixed emotions about this but it was understandable. If you can't win against samp at home you really deserve nothing.

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
arrigo sacchi! your team needs you!

feel sorry for di carlo though, I always thought that he looked to be a pretty competent coach. Too bad the results didn't reflect this

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
I think if we had bought 2 good defenders instead of Lucarelli, Di Carlo wouldn't have been sacked..

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I think if we had bought 2 good defenders instead of Lucarelli, Di Carlo wouldn't have been sacked..
I agree with you. But the defenders should have been brought in during the summer. Di Carlo wanted two defenders´. He got Falcone... It's like giving a friend 10 euro to food, but the food cost 15 euros, and u expect that he will solve it. This is a major failure for Ghirardi and his pupet (Zamagna).

About Scala i'm not sure, he have been with out a job since 2004 (Spartak Moskow). But Ranieri had been out for almost two years and he did a good job. Other rumors is that Ghirardi have called Cuper to see if he want to come...

·
Registered
81 Posts
In other news according to Tribal, Ciagrini has been confirmed for £7million to Juventus.

We might get Marchisio in return.

Scala will definitely be welcome back. Although, will he take the job? If he doesn't keep us up it would undermine his otherwise impressibe reputation.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
I saw that article, according to that, Cigarini is an attacker :D

They say we'd get 50% of Marchisio and €11m... which really isn't that bad if Ciga wants to leave that bad.

It's tribal though, so it's probably bullshit.

·
Registered
5,736 Posts
IMO i think this is a BAD decision.

I liked Di Carlo, his heart was in the right place and he played some attractive football. He had some really tough breaks with Budan being injured for a large part of the season and having only Corradi as his go to striker.

He has been poor at closing out games but to be honest with our defence its not going to be an easy task. Had luck gone our way this season and all games had finished at 80 mins we would be easyily top half.

If we had a manager last season of Ranieris stature to come in and rescue us then I would be all for it!

However at the moment we have no manager that IMO is going to come in and send this team right up the table. However I leave my faith with Ghirardi as to sack Mimmo he must have the right replacement in mind.

I am just worried as last season we had Claudio and Rossi and this season we really need a manager than can ajust quickly and send this team right up the table. In fairness Ghiradi wont budget with this choice as if the guy sends us down he will lose an absalute fortune in TV rights and stuff.

fingers crossed.

JOSE!!!! :D

1 - 20 of 67 Posts