Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that the secret midfielder is Demetrio Albertini. He is a current Serie A player with Atalanta, but the team is doing poorly. He is a 33 year old midfielder that fits the profile Rijkaard is looking for. Tall, technically gifted, and has played for Milan. Plus, Atlanta is down in the charts so a move to Barcelona would not be very complicated. He will probably come free and play for Barcelona until this summer. This way, the teams budget can go to buy Iaquinta from Udinese.

IMO, very old dude, but may be a great reinforcement. I'll have to see him in action first.

JC

·
In Pep, We Trust!
6,149 Posts
i have no idea from where did you get that sort of rumor + just like you said he is 33 and he is old. Getting tacchinardi would be way better than getting Albertini. I was just wondering didn't he move to atletico madrid a couple of seasons ago when atletico got sergi from barca?

·
1st Tier Poster
51,164 Posts
Umm... he's a Milan legend and one of the most intelligent midfield playmakers of the past decade, but I doubt that he would be much of a use for Barca. Another playmaker is the last thing this team needs, we already have Xavi, Deco and Iniesta, who are all better than Albertini.

I really doubt if this rumor has any base in reality. It would be a very wierd signing.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
FC Barcelona9 said:
i have no idea from where did you get that sort of rumor + just like you said he is 33 and he is old. Getting tacchinardi would be way better than getting Albertini. I was just wondering didn't he move to atletico madrid a couple of seasons ago when atletico got sergi from barca?
Yes, he played in Atlético, but he was loaned by Milan, not signed.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
...it´s sad that Jose Mari Bakero has just signed as Málaga B coach, if not you could have signed him...:eek: (ya puestos) Albertini sucked in Atlético.

The only good (veteran) signing for Barça would be Pep´s return..

·
The Ties That Bind
16,234 Posts
If we want to make a signing this Winter, then move for Ibanez now. If the guy's buyout clause is really the 12 million euros sum that I read about, then bring him in. Partner him alongside Puyol and Marquez can be our permanent DM.

EDIT: The guy could play CL ball too if I'm not mistaken. No passport, he's Spanish, can play CL ball and is on the verge of his second strong season at the tender age of 23. Let's not let another one slip by.

ALSO, I'd still rather we brought in Davids as opposed to any other midfielder.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
.BLAUGRANA. said:
If we want to make a signing this Winter, then move for Ibanez now. If the guy's buyout clause is really the 12 million euros sum that I read about, then bring him in. Partner him alongside Puyol and Marquez can be our permanent DM.

EDIT: The guy could play CL ball too if I'm not mistaken. No passport, he's Spanish, can play CL ball and is on the verge of his second strong season at the tender age of 23. Let's not let another one slip by.

ALSO, I'd still rather we brought in Davids as opposed to any other midfielder.
There are rules to be followed. Pablo just moved to Atleti last summer. That would mean we are not allowed to buy him as he can't move within an association two times in one season. The same goes for Davids.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
FC Barcelona9 said:
i have no idea from where did you get that sort of rumor + just like you said he is 33 and he is old.
its on sport.es

regarding Tacchi, Capello wants him to stay put and Tacchi doesnt want to move on a temporary basis, and a transfer is too expensive.

·
The Ties That Bind
16,234 Posts
Fargo said:
There are rules to be followed. Pablo just moved to Atleti last summer. That would mean we are not allowed to buy him as he can't move within an association two times in one season. The same goes for Davids.
If that is the case, then how does that apply to Davids? He left in the summer and now it's a new season. The papers keep bringing him up too. By that logic Ibanez couldn't go to Juve (unless it's simply another ridiculous Spanish FA rule).

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
I don't know if he can move to Juve or not, I think that Fargo is right because this is a new UEFA rule. In Spain, he could not sign for Barcelona until June, because a player, who has played more than 5 matches with a team, can't sign for another one of Primera Division in the Winter Market.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
This rumour is horrible. Rijkaard rejected Graveson and then news is of an interest in Albertini. Who will be a worse option than Xavi at DMC. I cant believe Van Bommel is not even thought of. His contract is up in the summer and Real Madrid have shown that the market for expìring contracts is dirt cheap in Everton and Liverpool. It would be the same in PSV and is surely a more capable option and best in our financial constrain.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
.BLAUGRANA. said:
If that is the case, then how does that apply to Davids? He left in the summer and now it's a new season. The papers keep bringing him up too. By that logic Ibanez couldn't go to Juve (unless it's simply another ridiculous Spanish FA rule).
It's not a new season when he left in the summer, it's the same as Pablo did. Sandro Rosell explained Davids' case, and said that he couldn't come back because of these rules. I presume since he moved from Barcelona (Spanish FA) in the summer, he can't move back to Barcelona (Spanish FA) again. This does not apply to loan deals, so he can come to Barcelona on loan (not likely I guess).

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Albertini failed in Atlético and I don't see how a player of 33 years could help a team like Barcelona, no matter how good his past is.

·
In Pep, We Trust!
6,149 Posts
exaclty i have no idea from does these rumors come from! it is kind of weird like such names are brought up! he is 33 years old doesn't play were we are in desperate need for players to cover up the DM spot. Even davids is not the kind of DM we are looking for.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
as setzer said,he was a total failure at atletico so i don't see how he really can help us :eek:
we need a younger player(tacchinardi) to fill the void left by injuries!! :doh:

·
Registered
9,698 Posts
I don't understand the team staff minds and the way that works!!!
they said NO!! for Gravessen!!
and now they are going for Albertini!
even if he is good as they say, and could play as DM and give the Defender side for Marquez again, we still couldn't let Gravessen go unless we are thinking of younger player who is better than Gravessen!!

Albartini, tacchinardi and Pep's coming back
isn't the right choise
and in case of Davids I think he "eats shit and dies" is the best choise for him
I DON'T WANT HIM BACK NO MORE!!!!
and he's not doing us any good, he can't play in CL, and we don't need him in LA LIGA

Visca el Barca

1 - 20 of 108 Posts