Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well thats right , Defoe from speculations of becoming a Gunner , has become there worst enemy.... They sighned him for 7 million pounds

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
well good buy for the garbage ,i wonder who will make way? Keane or Kanoute ?

Postiga could be on his way as well in the summer

why are we talking about Spurs btw ? :D

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I don't think we still need him
or need such a level of players
we'll sign one or two strikers iin the summer
off course they'll be much better than Defoe

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
yea 7 million is BS, and our rivals still wont come close to challanging us with or without defoe.

they will still be garbage

·
Registered
115 Posts
cant help but feel a little sorry for the spammers what with all their main attractions jumping ship.....LOL. still, it must be a bitter pill to swallow to see such players go on to other London outfits (in particular for them the scum.)

defoe must have been wondering whether it'd be THE PRIDE OF LONDON, mancs or the russians he'd be starring for in jan and now all he's ended up with is a cock on his chest!

·
63,337 Posts
Defoe could end up being a black Clive Allen,highy promising player goes to Spurs after the Arsenal snubbed him(sort of) has one good year then fades into oblivion,then whoring himself round every club in the capital who will give him a game for the rest of his career. :tongue:

well i hope i am wrong,and he doesn't have the one good year.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
well i hope i am wrong,and he doesn't have the one good year.
i dont know why you are scared, he is good player, i think he will be great for a few years, but not become excellent.

however why are we scared? even if they have him, no way near us or ever will be :)

·
63,337 Posts
Swiftwilly said:
i dont know why you are scared, he is good player, i think he will be great for a few years, but not become excellent.

however why are we scared? even if they have him, no way near us or ever will be :)
scared ? :howler:

you are a joker Swifty :D

the reason i hope he doesn't have a good year is because this will mean the fickle Spurs fans will have another dismally bad year and will be jamming the phone lines of national radio shows,crying their eyes out and saying what a big club they are,harping back to the double side of 1961(43 years this May) and calling for a knighthood for Bill Nickolson and Jimmy Greaves :D

mind you they will be doing that even if he has a good year :D

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Defoe is a good signing for Spurs. They now have three good strikers in Kanoute, Keane and Defoe. Igf they had a good midfield and a good defence they might even be dangerous.

OR

As with other good strikersthat have gone to Spurs, they could prove to be disasters ie Postiga ; Rebrov ; Zamorra.

Spurs the place where good strikers die.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
If your comparing them (Reyes and Defoe) in terms o goals, Defoe will score more. Defoe is faster, but Reyes is one to come and pick the ball up and make space. Diff sort of players, personally you paid way to much for Reyes, but that's me ;). Still a good player though. :)

·
63,337 Posts
JackoTheDon said:
If your comparing them (Reyes and Defoe) in terms o goals, Defoe will score more. Defoe is faster, but Reyes is one to come and pick the ball up and make space. Diff sort of players, personally you paid way to much for Reyes, but that's me ;). Still a good player though. :)
well i don't think anyone's comparing the two,just that some Gooners wanted Defoe before we realised we weren't totally skint.

it seems Wenger learnt his lesson from the Jeffers signing and is now sticking to his principles about getting scorers/providers rather than scorers..stop. :D

as it happens i think Reyes is faster with the ball than Defoe and has much more quality,and as for the price we would have to win the Champions League to pay as much for Reyes as you did for Makelele :tongue:

the first payment is actually what you payed for Wayne Bridge,but hey i suppose you fancy dans can afford to waste a few quid on monkeys :depress:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts