Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hector Cuper is the new trainer of Parma. To confirm that rumors appeared yesterday the chairman Tommaso Ghirardi that has announced: "Even if the contract has not been still signed, is almost done. We had given us 36 hours for decide, in the end we have chosen an expert trainer as Cuper because could help us to come out quickly from this situation".

Welcome our"Mini Cuper"!

http://www.transfermarketweb.com/index.php?action=read&idsel=12774

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
There is nothing on the official Parma site as of yet so I dont think its a done deal. I wouldnt trust transfermarketweb (the english equivalent of tuttomercatoweb), I think they are jumping the gun a bit. It most probably will happen but as of now I dont think it has been confirmed.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
It's not confirmed, but it is pretty much a done deal, it's just missing Cuper's signature.
Cuper should be presented tomorrow if everything goes as planned tonight.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I wonder how Morfeo will get along with Cuper... He used to play him on the wing when he coached Inter. And he hates brazilians, so we wont se Reginaldo play regulary.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
I know absolutely nothing about the guy... can anyone give me a run-down of his managing history??
Are you for real that you do not know him? He has managed Mallorca twice, Valencia and Inter

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Good decision.
He is experienced and he seems to know how to react in difficult situation (Mallorca).
It won't be difficult for him to save us imo.It's not like last year.

·
Premium Member
9,043 Posts
Are you for real that you do not know him? He has managed Mallorca twice, Valencia and Inter
Hahaha well... i know he's a big name but i really don't follow Spanish football at all, i find it incredibly boring.

And i've only followed Italian football closely for 3 or 4 season now... and Mancini has always been the coach at Inter from what i can remember...

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
Cuper is an anti-football coach. Worse than Mourinho. Mourinho is a deffensive, mechanical coach. But even that can have its beauty. But Cupers tactics and gameplan, well it makes Mourinho look like Rijkaard at barca 2 years ago. He grinds out results, that's what he does best.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Hahaha well... i know he's a big name but i really don't follow Spanish football at all, i find it incredibly boring.

And i've only followed Italian football closely for 3 or 4 season now... and Mancini has always been the coach at Inter from what i can remember...
Cuper began with Mallorca were he tooked them to the cupwinners cup-final, lost against Lazio. Then he got a shot with Valencia, came runners up twice the in the CL. Lost against Real Madrid in 2000 0-3. And on penalties against Bayern 01.

After that Moratti hired him. Inter came second 01-02, lost against Lazio in the last game. And u have to remember that Ronaldo and Vieri was injured for most of tha season, he had Kallon and Ventola upfront... Inter also lost in the semis in the CL that year, against Milan. He later got fired from Inter during a bad spell during the first part of the 03-04 season. He later maneged Mallorca to saftey, but got fired last year from the club he first became succesfull in europe with.

This december he also got fired from Betis, when they was under the relegation zone... So there is the story about Hector Cuper.

There are also some rumors about a 6 months+2 years contract.

·
Premium Member
9,043 Posts
Cuper began with Mallorca were he tooked them to the cupwinners cup-final, lost against Lazio. Then he got a shot with Valencia, came runners up twice the in the CL. Lost against Real Madrid in 2000 0-3. And on penalties against Bayern 01.

After that Moratti hired him. Inter came second 01-02, lost against Lazio in the last game. And u have to remember that Ronaldo and Vieri was injured for most of tha season, he had Kallon and Ventola upfront... Inter also lost in the semis in the CL that year, against Milan. He later got fired from Inter during a bad spell during the first part of the 03-04 season. He later maneged Mallorca to saftey, but got fired last year from the club he first became succesfull in europe with.

This december he also got fired from Betis, when they was under the relegation zone... So there is the story about Hector Cuper.

There are also some rumors about a 6 months+2 years contract.
Cheers mate :thumbsup: very useful.... pretty impressive CV!

ps - your next post will be your 1000th... make it a good one.

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
He has an impressive CV indeed but I think most people will remember him as a loser. He's lost every (?) final he has been too.

The most absurd one is when Inter lost at home to Lazio 2-4. Lazio had nothing to play for and Inter I think only needed a point to win Lo Scudetto! :D

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
I like him a lot. But he is very good at killing the game of football, meaning be prepared for big defensive mentality with lots of long balls and very little risks taken in the opponent half. What Cuper needs are two unbreakable central defenders, wingbacks who do no harm and put defense first (in other words very aware and intelligent on the pitch), breakers in the middle of the field and a playmaking deep midfielder who excels at long balls and passes. Up front he needs a Superman who has a lethal efficiency rate, b/c Cuper knows that in his teams, he will have at most 1-2 chances to put the game away and they must be fulfilled or else.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
IMO Cuper is a decent coach, but just hope he doesnt start buying fifth level Argies to the club :scared:

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
seeing as he was fired from Betis for them being in the relegation zone what the hell is he going to do to with Parma as he doesn't seem to have a good start to a season....

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
I think Pietro is like 15 years old or something... :D

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
It's an ok coach. He's experienced and has a cynical view on football. Results first and beauty second. Which is pretty much what a lower table side like Parma needs. Sure, it was amazing to see us taking the game to Inter at San Siro... But it's less amazing to see us lose everything later on in the game.

He also has a rather big name and will improve our image as a club the same way Ranieri did last season.

I'm still disappointed with Di Carlo though as he seemed to have a nice way to approach the game. Too bad it didn't worked...

·
Premium Member
9,043 Posts
I think Pietro is like 15 years old or something... :D
All of my mates i've spoken to today who are big footy fans have never heard of him. In England, because our league is so huge, it's very rare to be aware of big managers in Italy or Spain who havn't been around for the most recent years.

Find any random Premiership fan, ask him who are the current Milan, Inter, Roma and Juve managers are, and I bet less than 1% will know.

So yes, the whole of England is 15.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
The whole of Ipswich must never have had TV's... he managed Valencia to a CL final :D He managed Mallorca to another European Cup final... He coached Inter twice to second place and was the coach of the famous Inter collapse on the last day against Lazio :pp

1 - 20 of 93 Posts