Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TOLDO WITH INTER UNTIL 2009
Monday, 20 February 2006 19:22:31

[FOTO Monday, 20 February 2006 19:22:31] MILAN - F.C. Internazionale and Francesco Toldo have reached an agreement to extend the goalkeeper's contract with the club. Toldo has signed a three-year deal, which expires on 30 June 2009.

============================

CRUZ EXTENDS INTER STAY UNTIL 2008
Monday, 20 February 2006 16:54:08

[FOTO Monday, 20 February 2006 16:54:08] MILAN - F.C. Internazionale and Julio Ricardo Cruz have reached an agreement to extend the player's contract with the club. The contract extension has been registered at the Lega Calcio's offices. Cruz has signed a two-year deal, which expires on 30 June 2008.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Cruz extends Inter deal Monday 20 February, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Julio Cruz will stay at Inter after the striker today signed a new contract with the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza outfit.

The Argentine international, who is hoping to make the 2006 World Cup squad, was rumoured to be on his way out of the club once his deal expired in the summer.

But the former Feyenoord and Bologna ace has put pen to paper on a new agreement until June 30, 2008.

Cruz was believed to have been a transfer target for numerous clubs, including reborn capital side Roma.

channel4

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Toldo signs Inter extension Monday 20 February, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Francesco Toldo has this evening committed his future to Inter by signing a new contract until June 2009.

The goalkeeper, the club’s No 2 behind Julio Cesar, has agreed to stay despite no longer being assured of regular first team football.

The former Italian international, whose previous deal expired in the summer, joined the club from Fiorentina in 2001.

Since his arrival, the now 35-year-old has won the Coppa Italia and the Italian Super Cup.

Toldo is the second player to finalise new terms on Monday after Julio Cruz penned until 2008.

channel4

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Hmm, Toldo must've been promised a starting spot because he'd be insanse to accept a bench role untill he hangs his gloves...

Either that or we offered him a huge pay rise that he wouldn't get anywhere else.

The zebra slayer is staying too. :cool: :thumbsup:

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But why.....?

There has to be more to this than appears to the eye

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
CRUZ: "ME AND INTER, HAPPY TOGETHER"
Monday, 20 February 2006 18:16:01
APPIANO GENTILE - "I'm very pleased to have renewed my contract with Inter. I feel the club's faith in me, so I decided to sign," said Julio Ricardo Cruz on Inter Channel after the official announcement that the Argentine striker has extended his Inter stay by two years, until 30 June 2008. "Me and my family wanted to stay here, but nothing is ever certain in football. I'm happy because I have reached an agreement and I think the club is also pleased. In 2008 it will be a hundred years since Inter was founded, let's hope we celebrate this anniversary with important victories."

Inter leave tomorrow for Amsterdam, where Wednesday the Nerazzurri face Ajax in the Champions League round of 16 first leg. Cruz: "I feel fine, I have recovered quite well after playing a lot when only me and Adriano were available. So I hope we make a good start to this second phase of the Champions League. Let's hope we win or get a positive result. For Inter it's important to start winning again in the cup and the championship, which we're still in the running for. In football you never know what might happen the next day."

inter.it

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
We probably offered Toldo an improved contract or he still believes that he can regain Mancini's trust.........anyway this is good news as Toldo is more than a reliable goalkeeper.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
We would be foolish to offer Toldo a pay rise and keep him on the bench. He is a better and more reliable keeper than Cesar, thats only if he starts.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Whether we improved Toldo's contract or not, I believe our management did the right thing, simply because from a competitive point of view Julio Cesar will be forced to work hard all the time in order not to lose out to Toldo.

I guess in that sense our management is to be commended.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Cruz explains Inter decision Tuesday 21 February, 2006

Julio Cruz has revealed that Inter’s belief in his ability was the main reason why he inked a contract extension.

Cruz has prolonged his stay at the Italian club until 2008, after scoring eight goals in this, his most prolific season to date.

His three goals in the Champions League came at a particularly crucial time for Inter, who have finally recognised the 31-year-old’s loyal service.

“I am very pleased to have renewed my contract with Inter,” said the former Bologna striker. “I felt that the club had faith in me and for this reason decided to sign.

“It was my wish and that of my family to stay but in football nothing is certain,” he added. “I am pleased that we managed to agree terms and I think that the club is happy too.

“In 2008 the club will celebrate its centenary and let’s hope we mark this anniversary with some important successes.”

Goalkeeper Francesco Toldo has also agreed a new three-year deal, thereby ending speculation that the former Italy international would be moving on in the summer.

Frustrated at losing his place to Julio Cesar this season, Toldo indicated earlier this term that he wanted out – with Palermo and Benfica topping the list of interested clubs – but he has now decided to stay, despite playing just twice all season.

channel4

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Cruz had no doubts over Inter Milan deal
tribalfootball.com - February 22, 2006

Julio Cruz says the faith Inter Milan management have shown in him convinced him to sign his new two-year contract this week.

"I am very pleased to have renewed my contract with Inter," said the former Bologna striker. "I felt that the club had faith in me and for this reason decided to sign.

"It was my wish and that of my family to stay but in football nothing is certain," he added. "I am pleased that we managed to agree terms and I think that the club is happy too.

"In 2008 the club will celebrate its centenary and let's hope we mark this anniversary with some important successes."

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Cruz, Toldo sign new Inter Milan deals
tribalfootball.com - February 21, 2006

Inter Milan have secured striker Julio Cruz to a new two-year contract.

The Argentine international, who is hoping to make the 2006 World Cup squad, was rumoured to be on his way out of the club once his deal expired in the summer.

But the former Feyenoord and Bologna ace has put pen to paper on a new agreement until June 30, 2008.

Cruz was believed to have been a transfer target for numerous clubs, including reborn capital side Roma.

Meanwhile, Inter goalkeeper Francesco Toldo has signed a new three-year deal.

The goalkeeper, the club's No 2 behind Julio Cesar, has agreed to stay despite no longer being assured of regular first team football.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Toldo rejected Viola option Monday 13 March, 2006

Francesco Toldo has expressed his relief after he rejected a summer move to Fiorentina in order to fight for a place at Inter.

The goalkeeper was linked with a return to the Viola after the Nerazzurri signed Julio Cesar from Chievo for the new campaign.

Although that resulted in the veteran spending some time on the bench, he’s recently returned in between the sticks with some fine displays.

“I was one step away from joining Fiorentina, but leaving here like that would have been a defeat for me,” he told the Corriere della Sera newspaper.

“I spoke with boss Roberto Mancini in August and got a few things clear. I respect him and his ideas.

“That’s also the case with Julio Cesar, a young player with real quality and one who I admire a lot.”

Toldo was once an untouchable figure at the San Siro, but has had to get used to life on the bench over the last two seasons.

“I’m not guaranteed a starting shirt and it was a new experience for me to be a reserve, even if there are more serious issues in the world,” continued Toldo.

“I have now returned to the team and doing well, even if my teammates also deserve some praise for that. My decision to stay here was a good one.”

The 35-year-old, who recently extended his contract at the club until 2009, has impressed so much that there is even talk that he could win a recall to the Italian squad for the 2006 World Cup.

“If Marcello Lippi called then I wouldn’t reject that option, even if the squad seems to have already been consolidated,” he concluded.

Meanwhile, President Giacinto Facchetti has also been pleased with the form of the Euro 2000 hero.

“He is one of the best goalkeepers in the world,” he stated. “He made two greats saves against Sampdoria on Saturday night.

“It’s no coincidence that there is talk that he could be a part of Italy’s 2006 World Cup squad in Germany.”

channel4

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Inter Milan's Toldo: So close to Fiorentina return
tribalfootball.com - March 13, 2006

Inter Milan goalkeeper Francesco Toldo admits he came close to returning to former club Fiorentina this season.

Toldo signed a new deal earlier this year which will keep him with Inter until 2009 and said today: "The decision to remain with the Nerazzurro has been a great idea.

"I was a step from returning to Fiorentina, but to leave would have been admitting defeat.

"In August I cleared the air with Mancini, I respect his ideas and we have an optimal working relationship.

"I like Julio Cesar, he is young and he has quality. I do not have any guarantees of being first-choice, for me the bench has been a new experience, but the true dramas of life are other things."

1 - 15 of 15 Posts