Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
14,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Crewe Alexandra wanted to sign Gareth McAuley from Lincoln City FC, but the transfer failed, because the player didn't agree for personal conditions on th contract.
Now Crewe Alexandra wants to sign 2 Polish defenders - Marcin Kuś and Antoni Łukasiewicz for 150.000 pounds (totally).

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
And now you are going to follow them more than before?

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Where have Crewe got money from??? Must be living of the sale of Ashton.

·
Registered
14,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
audiollama said:
And now you are going to follow them more than before?
I already followed them ;) And I think I'll do it more :)

Yesterday Crewe lost to Preston 1-2 in FA Cup match. They were leading after goal of Billy Jones, but in second half Alexander and Sedgwick gave victory to Preston :(

·
Registered
288 Posts
It's unlike Crewe to splash out on players as they usually put money received for players into improving their ground, their bank balance or their most impressive youth academy. A lot of clubs (my Oxford included) could learn so much from them.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
how is the million pound superstar Luke Rodgers doing for them this season?

·
Registered
14,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DavidSilk24 said:
how is the million pound superstar Luke Rodgers doing for them this season?
In the match against Coventry he saved a draw for Crewe in 90+5 :)

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Big relegation 6 pointer at Pride Park tomorrow ;)

Think we should win this one, we have too or we will be in a relegation battle :(

·
Registered
14,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Crewe Alexandra lost 1-2 to Plymouth. After 2 goals of Wotton for guest side, Rodgers scored a goal in 68th min. for Crewe.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Well if you lose 5-1 too us you must have problems, can't see Crewe staying up this season.

·
Registered
348 Posts
WATFORD thoroughly demolished a struggling Crewe side 4-1 at Vicarage Road to chalk up their fourth consecutive league win and go third in the league.

The visitors were left to rue a missed chance from Steve Jones with the score at 0-0 as a first-half double from Matthew Spring and second-half goals from the returning Ashley Young and Marlon King put the home side firmly in charge. Luke Rodgers grabbed a late consolation for the Railwaymen.

Alec Chamberlain made his first league appearance of the season after Ben Foster was ruled out through a leg injury. Ashley Young also returned from his three-match ban with Anthony McNamee dropping to the bench.

Crewe's only change from last week's home defeat by Plymouth was Stephen Foster taking the place of Adie Moses at centre back. Moses strained his hamstring against the Pilgrims and is likely to be missing for a while.

On a bright, frosty winter's day at the Vic, one of the league's form sides, Watford with three straight league wins, came up against struggling Crewe, losers in their last four and without a league win since early November.

4-1

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Good too see someone's propping us up.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Anybody think that Crewe can survive relegation this season?

I'd like to see them stay up, but they seem to be struggling to score goals.

So is it already to late for them or do they still have a chance?

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Can't see them staying up the way they've been playing, can't even see them finishing anywhere put bottom, it's a shame I do like Crewe.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Crewe 1-0 Reading latest score :eekani:

Crewe have won 3 of the last 4 games between these 2 at Gresty Road, could we have a shock on the cards?

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Perhaps not, Reading 2-1 up already.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
leading 1-0 against mighty Reading, i like it.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Puh, I was shocked by the 1-0. That game is one of my "safe" bets for today.

It´s really unbelievable what Reading does. They win and win and win...

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
jimbo jones said:
Perhaps not, Reading 2-1 up already.
i don't like it anymore.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts