Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ooh...cocky Toppmoller...I love it!

I just love it when people don't rate us...

Especially the Chemical Krauts...

Follow Follow Follow ...

"United's weak point is their defence and we're going to take advantage of that".

"Everyone saw what we did to Liverpool and their defence is rated amongst the best in Europe".

"If we can attack United like we did Liverpool, we are going to be in with a big chance".

"Our confidence is high and, when you play with confidence, you can achieve everything".

Out with the Scousers, you're going out with the Scousers.......

:D

·
International
9,526 Posts
depor did the same thing. Overconfidence is potent, underestimating the opposition deadly. Bring em on I say, bring em on.

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
United's weak point is their defence and we're going to take advantage of that
He actually said that? Thier own defence is horrible, look how many chances Owen had, hypocritical fecker.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Fred Elliot said:
depor did the same thing. Overconfidence is potent, underestimating the opposition deadly. Bring em on I say, bring em on.
absolutely - we're gonna kick their arses!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I agree entirely. Can't believe how overconfident Leverkusen are, underestimating their opponents like this! They will undoubtedly be crushed by mighty Man United's irresistible onslaught!

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hihihi even more fun!

Leverkusen star Jurica Vranjes cranked up the war of words before the tie by claiming David Beckham's broken foot has left United at half-strength.
Croatian playmaker Vranjes, 22, believes Beckham's absence will ease the German club's passage into the final.

The Bundesliga leaders showed their attacking prowess when they dumped Liverpool 4-3 on aggregate in the quarter-finals.

And the influential Vranjes insisted: "We are lucky that Beckham is missing. He is half their team.

"This is our chance to reach the final - we really want to beat United.

"They may have a very good team, but it is hard to replace Beckham."

Follow Follow Follow

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Arsenal thrashed them all over the park at Highbury and yet the Bayer coach sounds so confident:eekani:I guess the Liverpool result has messed up his mind since they have also lost the league game afterwards.Hopefully they'll come out all guns blazing so that we can take advantage of their shaky defence and get the job done at Old Trafford.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
I think I'll make this the ofiicial game thread.So everyone please post ur comment about the game over here.:)

·
Registered
775 Posts
Manchester United Vs Bayer Leverkusen.

@ Wednesday Good luck to Manchester United

·
Registered
775 Posts
Good luck to MAN U
Sorry did the topic twice

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
itll be interesting to see how Man U combat the game and the CL from here on in.

do they concentrate now on the champions league? or do they still try and go flat out and win the league?? or can they do both without letting either being affected??

fergie will obviously play his best team this ocming game thursday morning (for me in aussie land)...

personally i cant wait, im nervous as ****, watched them saturday night, then watched liverpool live and the replay of newcastle and now i have to wait three days.......

anyway!!

united to win 2-0 1st leg

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Its a huge match

I cant rate Bayer, but i rekn they will be tough to beat

My Prediction:

2-1 UTD!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I got tickets for this one, looking forward to cheering the boys to victory. If United play anything like they have for the last few weeks I can't see us failing to get a comfortable win to bring over to Germany. Fergie will have the lads fired up for this one as we could potentially kill the tie off in the first leg if we get at them. We can't commit suicide like Liverpool who for some strange reason decided to sit back in the home leg and suffered for it in the return.

C'MON UNITED!!!!

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Keane is God said:
I got tickets for this one, looking forward to cheering the boys to victory. If United play anything like they have for the last few weeks I can't see us failing to get a comfortable win to bring over to Germany. Fergie will have the lads fired up for this one as we could potentially kill the tie off in the first leg if we get at them. We can't commit suicide like Liverpool who for some strange reason decided to sit back in the home leg and suffered for it in the return.

C'MON UNITED!!!!
You lucky bastard!!

Couldn't you get a spare for me, mate??!

Where are you sitting?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Sorry mate, I got them through our supporters club, all gone. I don't know where i,m sitting yet as we are given the tickets on the bus on the way over (I live in Ireland), I don't really care though, I love european nights, the atmosphere is brilliant. The only thing I hate is having to get up at 5am to travel!

·
Registered
25,267 Posts
Why has everyone been underestimating us these few weeks it's like we're an unknown team to everyone. No one gave us a chance in hell against Depor and then Chelsea were favourites against us last week when we have a great record at the Bridge and now this. I hope Fergie plays Giggs, Van Nistelrooy and Solkjaer, they have been great together in the past few games and hopefully Veron can play as well as he did against Depor.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
You are a lucky guy KIG.:)Hopefully you'll have plenty to cheer at Old Trafford.;)

Its a big game tomorrow night.Our season depends on it.Fine we are not out of the league chase yet but Arsenal looks like they wont be dropping points in the near future.I havent yet given up on it but still I do feel that the CL is the best oppurtunity of winning a silverware this season.

Bayer Leverkusen has a attacking mindset and it'll be a very entertaining match.They allow plenty of space in midfield and their defence will give us some oppurtunities.The question is whether we can make them pay for it and hopefully we will.:)

Fergie will most likely put out the same formation that he deployed against Chelsea with Veron replacing Fortune.That would push Scholes out to the left while Ole sticks to the right flank.Giggs will have a vital role to play as the German defence lacks pace and he'll have to be the main tormentor.At the back,Blanc has come on superbly in the latter stages of the season and Wes will be partnering him.Gaz and Micky has been brilliant as well and I just hope that they put on a performance like they did against Chelsea.:)

Butt has to keep a close watch over Ballack who has scored 31 goals from midfield this season.:wth::wth:Up front the likes of Neuville and Kirsten will be a threat though both of them dont possess much space so Blanc shouldnt be having too much of a problem.Barthez also has to be at his best all the time and I expect the Champion to raise his game for the ocassion.

A two goal cushion would be ideal and it would put tremendous pressure on the German side in the return leg and I am keeping my fingers crossed.:angel:

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
Theres nothing worse than beating the scousers then thinking you can take on the whole world :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
lol...........
I love those small teams when they find their way for once...funny how they want themselves unforgattable....

Man United will kick their asses ....no doubt...no sh!t

1 - 20 of 83 Posts