·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
[.Official.] Cisse Back Running At Melwood

www.liverpoolfc.tv
CISSE BACK RUNNING AT MELWOOD
Paul Eaton 03 March 2005
Djibril Cisse today took a major step forward in his rehabilitation from injury when he began running at Melwood.
Cisse has been sidelined since October when he fractured both the tibia and fibula in his left leg after falling awkwardly during the Reds' clash with Blackburn at Ewood Park.

The French striker is definitely out for the rest of this season but was able to do running work for the first time in over four months this morning.

Club doctor Mark Waller told Liverpoolfc.tv: "Djibril started running today which is great news. He is doing really well and we're all delighted. He's on schedule to be fit for the start of next season."

Look out for an exclusive interview with Dr Waller coming soon on Liverpoolfc.tv in which he talks in detail about a freak season of injuries at Anfield.
Great news :thmbup:

Great attitude from Djibril just like the great attitude he had on moving to the club when he could of gone to a "bigger" club

·
Winter is Coming.
8,131 Posts
happy to hear he's running again. it'll be a while before he will be any use to the first team but i hope this will make him hungry for goals and playing so we get an electric kickstart from him in the fall

·
Registered
302 Posts
Owenization-NRG said:
happy to hear he's running again. it'll be a while before he will be any use to the first team but i hope this will make him hungry for goals and playing so we get an electric kickstart from him in the fall

I hope he will return with a fire in his belly as well. When he was playing this season, his class was evident, but his workrate was lacking.

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
Yeah, and you lot were complaining about him and talking about needing to bring in another striker before his leg break. ;)

·
Registered
302 Posts
cadav said:
I thought he was a powerful, not that classy, but hard working, fast striker. heh

I'd be interested in others opinions, because I thought his shot was fantastic, his speed was fantastic and that he had good vision, but gave up too easily on tackles and bad passes.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I think his first touch is under pressure is not that good yet. HOwever, his shot is very powerful, although it does require more placing.

·
Winter is Coming.
8,131 Posts
hmmm yes seems we all have differing views

my views on cisse are that he's very fast, gets caught offside alot, bit of an all out striker, i wouldn't see him as Classy, he certainly had the pace and the shot but the finer things i felt, were not his strengths. his first touch was not the greatest and i felt he was more suited for the 'chasing the ball style', not the patient buildup play.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cisse has got all the qualities to become a world class striker, he's jsut a big FAIRY!

He is one of my favourite players for because when I went to the City game, after everyone had gone off he stayed on the pitch and applauded the fans, then took his shirt off and gave it to a fan. I know lots of people do that but I still thought it was cool

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
hard to find players like that nowadays.

Ciise's needs a coach that pays a lot of attention to him, or at least knows how to talk to him. I think so because he does look a bit like a firebrand.

At least we agree on Ciise not having a great first touch O-NRG. Honestly, I think Baros's first touch has improved a lot to be better than Ciise's.

·
Winter is Coming.
8,131 Posts
oh yeah, baros has certainly improved his first touch, sometimes they still just fly off him but not as much as heskey when he played.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
karrmadamaii said:
hard to find players like that nowadays.

Ciise's needs a coach that pays a lot of attention to him, or at least knows how to talk to him. I think so because he does look a bit like a firebrand.

At least we agree on Ciise not having a great first touch O-NRG. Honestly, I think Baros's first touch has improved a lot to be better than Ciise's.
I don't think Cisse is no more a firebrand then Baros, and is obviously far more commited IMO.

BTW I know im nit picking but it's spelled Cisse not Ciise lol I have a thing about people spelling names wrongs :pp

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
hehe...gotcha SM.

its Ciise :pp

True on that thing abt Heskey O-NRG. It seems that after four years and plenty of favouritism treatement from El Gerrard, he never looked like he's improved on anything major.

Makes him a bigger disappointment for the 10 million quid we paid for him, although he did gave us important goals, some which we will never forget.

·
Winter is Coming.
8,131 Posts
U guys must post here at least 5 rounds a day, seeing as you are both in university there remains one question to be asked... Don't You Have Work to DO?

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I'm staying in my hostel, so i get free internet connection 24 hrs a day. Besides, I'm in my extended final year of studies, so its very few subjects to tackle.

Besides, I do not post during daytime here, mostly in night time or early morning :D

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
lol

work? psssh all I do at college is post on xtratime (I do an IT course) and I don't bother with the assignments.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts