Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The AUF has fired Carrasco as the NT coach.

7 days after the humiliating loss to Venezuela on home soil,
the top 5 AUF officials unanimously voted in favor of his dismissal.

I believe this is a choice that had to be made. Not just because of this loss, but also of the poor performance of our U21 NT, who went out in the first round of WCQ, at home bc of poor preperation, and also the loss against Jamaica.

"Los Uruguayos vivimos para sufrir"

(Translated)"Uruguayins live to suffer"

Yes we do, but not this much Carrasco.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now we have to look for a new coach. I only hope we can
find one, that can operate without the hang cuffs we call
Paco.

·
Registered
322 Posts
i dont think people should hate Carrasco, he tried his best to change Uruguay into a full on attacking team, which im sure everyone wanted to see...but did work out as well as he planned.
He still got us some good results...but its better to get rid of him now before some real damage is done further down the line!

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't hate Carrasco, but I am upset with him.

When he started he was much more poised, but as time went on he became more cocky. He talked alot of crap, and when he didn't get results, he wouldn't show up to the press conference.

When he started he said the majority of the team was in Uruguay, and he didn't lie. He chose players like Liguera, Hornos
Romero, Bueno, Sosa, Lago, etc.

Then most of these players went to Europe, the most notable were Liguera & Hornos. Both players lost thier form in Europe
and now are a mere shadow, of the players they were in Uruguay, but he continued to call them, and start them anyway.

He went crazy near the end. He totally forgot to think about the teams mental state, and physical preperation, and that was the end of him. He just looked at the paper, and thought were gonna eat Venezuela with our offensive talent, and didn't bother to put a team together, but instead strung together a bunch of stars.

And for that I do hate him. How could he embarass us with losses to Jamaica, on the road, and Venezuela at home. In the Centenario, our fortress. The one place were we tell the rest of the world to fear us.

Who will fear us now?

Now when Argentina & Brasil come to play us at home, they wont think to themselves, "we never beat them there". Now they will think, "if Venezuela can do it so can we".

·
Registered
651 Posts
Carrasco will now be known as "The coach that let the Uruguayan NT lose at the Centenario....to Venezuela...3-0"

I wouldn't want to be in his shoes right now, but justice has been served and he is out.

I reckon Tabarez would be a good pick. He was the last coach to take us to a second round of the WC and has experiance from Italy, Spain, and of course Boca.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
3 Candidates

3 names have emerged as candidates for the job.

They are

Fossati
Tabarez
& Gregorio Perez.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want Fossati, but I don't know if he will come.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
I am surprised to see that tree NT coaches have already been fired either inmideately or shortly after defeats against Venezuela (Maturana, Carrasco and the Bolivian one). Not that either of these teams played great, but this shows how underrated is the Venezuelan NT. People still underestimate us and blame their defeats against us only on themselves.

Personally, I don't think it was a smart move from Uruguay to fire Carrasco. He was guiding them in the right way. The guy was doing his homework. Seriously, I think, I know that Uruguay has the potential to be a great attacking football force once again, even at World Cup level. I'm not saying that they can have again the quality of 1930, but at least they can be very competitive if they want to. I've seen what they are capable to do (against Senegal and Brazil). It sounds ludicrous, for example, that Paraguay is the one advancing to the rounds of 16 and not Uruguay.

You (Uruguay) just lost against a very competitive side (yours trully) and now you want to destroy all the hard work you have done lately and return to your very poor amareurish, brutal and unnefective version of Catenaccio. That's the most boring kind football in the world (the Uruguayan defensive style, based only on "garra" and with the sole purpose of maintaining the sacore of the game at 0 - 0). Most importantly, when you're playing like that, you can't even get your attachers to do precise counterattacks or shots, let alone to score. You forgot during a long time that you are South Americans, not Italians.

Now you were in the right direction and you destroyed everything because of one fall against a team that you thought is poor at football and actually WAS, but not anymore. Let's be honest, you won't get all the results right away when you change a style of play, when you were used to it for so many years. Dude, Richard Páez (our coach) didn't begin to get the results right away. It was after lousy qualifying game against Argentina, a lousy Copa América and a lousy game against Bolivia (in 2001) that we began to win (BTW, it was against you). Besides, you underestimated us. You just still don't get that football in the whole confederation is now very competitive, that you really have to fight for a win against everyone and that it's always a factible possibility to loose games against anyone, even at home. One of the things that Venezuelan soccer players and coaches learned is that the training is not only physical. It's also phsycological.

I wouldn't have fired Carrasco if I were you. I think that, despite everything that went wrong, you had a good possibility to qualify with Carrasco and to develope once again a beautiful and effective attacking style. Now, I doubt it. Good luck anyway.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Don't oppiniate here on things you know get us aggrivated, go post on the Venezuelan forum... o yeah that's right they dont have one because they are nothing in world football.. come tallk to me when venezuela win another game away from home.. Venezuela are getting big because of one game and what happened with Tachira last night ?? Sao Paolo 3:0 Mierda Tachira...Fossati is a coach who likes to attack but starts him team from the back the way football should be played.. 3-4-1-2 is a good formation.. with 2 wingers overlapping the defensive midfielders.. on a good attack Uruguay can have 4 guys open outside or in the box..

·
Registered
742 Posts
I don't think Fossati is a catenaccio guy. I really don't think we'll lose the attacking mentality Carrasco liked so much. I guess we'll just get it a little less aggresive and improve defense (very important!!). I'm quite optimistic about Fossati.

Venezuela now is good but is not a top class team (I'm not saying Uruguay is nowadays). It's and average team IMO. Of course is a great improvement to go from crap to average but still Venezuela has a lot to probe to say it's a great team.

Carrasco's departure was not only because of Venezuela. He had an awful performance in Chile and then we lost against Jamaica (?!?!?!) and then to Venezuela. If we had lost that way against any other average team in the Centenario Carrasco would have also been fired. Bad performances had started some time ago.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Carrasco was in dream land, he thought we could out score all our opponents, but thats not how soccer goes. Everyone would already know our game plan and know they can catch our defence of guard. It was good to see someone like Carrasco have a go though, unfortunately he did not know much about defending aswell. it would have been good to see Carrasco and Pua together to cover our asses every where

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Carrasco's departure was not only because of Venezuela. He had an awful performance in Chile and then we lost against Jamaica (?!?!?!) and then to Venezuela. If we had lost that way against any other average team in the Centenario Carrasco would have also been fired. Bad performances had started some time ago.
We have lost against Jamaica only (and won also, of course). We've got no complex because of that. good for them (In fact, they were very violent, but that's another story.).

As I said before, don't expect inmediate results out of big projects. And always be ambitious.

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Latinlover said:
We have lost against Jamaica only (and won also, of course). We've got no complex because of that. good for them

But thats not how people in Uruguay see the game... here it's different than it is in Venezuela, unfortunatly we were not starting a project..And football means everything to some people..against a team like Jamaica no one is expecting to loose and when Carrasco did everyone started to doubt him...I think that was his turning point, because the U-23's is a very very tough competition.. certainly not enough to get him fired...

·
Registered
742 Posts
Only by that is not enough but if you sum Sub23 + Jamaica + Venezuela you get a big ?????:confused:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts