Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Juventus has announced that their Uruguayan goalkeeper Fabian Carini has loaned Barcelona in a one year loan deal. Knowing the way Italian clubs announcent their transfer market moves, I presume there is apparently on option for Barcelona to buy the player after the end of the season. Weird. Anyway, here is the announcement from the official Juventus website:

http://www.juventus.it/it/scanner/news/200221/news_1147.html

Carini is a very decent and young goalkeeper, but why on loan? Still, since Juventus really doesn't need Carini I suppose you can buy him after the end of the loan deal if he proves good.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
:star: YESSS:star:
It's great! I think he was the best choice for gk!
The main reason why we haven't bought him --> €
We will need the money for Mendieta and the others.

:happy: :D ;)

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
yes

reina will do will for us next season for the B team.

i reckon we will sign carini next year after he impresses next season.

with the other money well buy mendi and who else?

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Carini not signed yet

this is from the official site

Following reports today concerning the possible signing of a new goalkeeper, F.C Barcelona would like to state that no final decision will be taken until next week, whilst accepting that negotiations with Robert Enke are at an advanced stage

NO! we better not get enke, unless this is a coverup for us actually loaning carini. If we do get enke instead of carini it comfirms the mediocrity that van gaal wants to bring us to

G

·
I would prefer Carini to the other goalkeepers mentioned (enke, rame etc.), he's young, an excellent talent...remember the Copa America when Uruguay made it too the final, he was the best keeper in Sth. America ...which, particulalry to me says a hell of a lot.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
I think it´s a pretty good solution. We get a young talanted keeper who now is geting routin in the World Cup for Uruguay. Since he´s on loan we haven´t splashed with any money for a transefer-fee. Also keep in mind that he´ll proberly just be a back up for Bonano. And I´d rather have Carini in that postion than Reina.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No way Carini is going to be Bonano's back up. First of all he is a better goalkeeper than Bonano. Secondly, he is leaving Juventus because he doesn't want to be Buffon's back up, there is really no point moving from Juve bench to the Barca bench. Carini would never sign if he didn't knew he is meant to be a starter. If he looses his starting position its a different story.

G

·
Bonano and Carini...whatever happens we have two world class keepers, although I would prefer to see Carini as a starter...he's so young and talented he needs a chance to develp himself more in club football (not just with Uruguay). I still also think that the young Reina is one too look for in the future...remember Keepers only usually peak at about 30-35 years old (of course there are some definant exceptions).

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
sorry guys but carini is not coming barça has broke the negotations with him and how everyone must to know is enke our new gk

·
Registered
555 Posts
It's a shame we broke of negotiations with carini. I saw him play yesterday in the match against France. He looked great and played a perfect match. Stable and a few amazing reflexes. I'd really love it when he would join Barca.
I don't think he will only come to Barca if a first place is guaranteed. I think he might be willing to start the season on the bench and try to earn a place in the first squad troughout the season like Reina this season. After Buffon there is absolutely no chance. Behind Bonano he might think his chances are bigger.

As i said, i really hope we will sign him.

·
Second Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
3,015 Posts
I saw the game aswell, but we'd better hold our toughts until we saw how Enke played. He played so well in Benfica, they even voted him as Benfica's best player in 2001.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts