Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just had a look at the BJK website and they have given it a new style. They have included an English version which is very handy for me AND they have a couple of great photos of Okan I haven't seen before! :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: I am just off to print them off now!

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
I just took a look, and it's much better than the old version!
the design looks good and there are more features. The old site was way too outdated.

BTW Okans girl, you're too fast :D
You found out about the change the moment it happened hehe :D

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am really happy with it! :)

Did I? I just thought I'd have a look and expected the old style to pop up that usually takes about 5 minutes to load up and there was the brilliant new style! :eekani:

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Niceeee... I like the new design.

haha I love this pic. How Turkish... all he is missing is his cay.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm, maybe I spoke too soon. It doesn't give the biography's in English. I understand a little but can someone please translate this. I'd ask my Turkish teacher but we are on half-term at the moment :rollani:

Futbola mahalle aralarında top oynayarak başlayan Okan Buruk, ilk olarak Büyükçekmece’de yerel bir kulüp olan Karadeniz İdman Ocağı’nda oynadı. Her iki abisinin de futbolcu olması nedeniyle futbolla iç içe büyüdü ve 11 yaşında Galatasaray’ın alt yapısına girdi. 1992 yılında Avrupa Gençler Şampiyonu olan Genç Milli Takım’ın kaptanıydı. Ayağının kırılması nedeniyle bir süre yeşil sahalardan uzak kaldı. Ancak umudunu kaybetmeyerek çok çalıştı ve kısa sürede iyileşerek aşık olduğu meşin yuvarlakla yeniden buluştu. 2001 yılında İtalya’nın Inter Kulübü’ne transfer olana kadar Galatasaray forması giydi. Türkiye Milli Takımı’nın 3. olduğu Dünya Kupası’nda forma giydi. 3 sezon oynadığı Inter’de fazla forma şansı bulamasa da Okan Buruk’u almak için birçok kulüp teklifte bulundu. Ancak onun tercihi Beşiktaş oldu. 2004-2005 sezonu başında Kulübümüz’le 1 yılı opsiyonlu 3 yıllık anlaşma imzaladı.

Sorry, it's a bit long!

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Okan Burak who started his futbol career by playing on the streets of his city, first played at a team in Buyucekmece for the Blacksea Training Facility. He grew up with futbol, both his older brothers played the sport and at the age of 11 Okan joined Galatasaray's youth team. In 1992, he was the captain of the U21 National Team who became European Champions. After breaking his leg he was forced to stay away from the "green fields". He never lost hope, worked very hard, and within a short period of time he overcame his injury and was reunited with the soccer ball which he loved so much. He wore a Galatasaray jersey until 2001 when he was transfered to Inter. He wore a jersey on the Turkish National team which placed 3rd in the World Cup. There were many offers for Okan who was at Inter for 3 seasons where he did not get much playtime. But his choice was Besiktas. At the beginning of the 2004-2005 season he signed a 1 year optional 3 year agreement. He stated that he owes all of his success to Okan's Girl.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Forza! :thmbup:

As for the last sentence......hmmmm, funny how I didn't see my name mentioned in the article :pp but it's a nice thought anyway! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts