Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
44,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The signing of Florent Sinama-Pongolle is finally official and the player will sign a 4-year contract with Atlético Madrid.

A presentation of Sinama will be made on Monday next week according to the official website, that's when the pre-season with physical tests and so on will start.

He's played 68 games for Recreativo during his two seasons at the club and scored 22 goals. Sinama-Pongolle started out his career at Le Havre in France where he played a total of 41 games and scored 7 goals for the club. Liverpool signed him back in 2003 but he wasn't given much playing time over there so they loaned him to Blackburn, which wasn't much of a success either.

Florent joined Recreativo back in 2006 and has been one of their keyplayers upfront. Also, he's a former FIFA U-17 World Champion with France back in 2001 where he earned the adidas Golden Shoe and adidas Golden Ball, just like Sergio Agüero.

Welcome and good luck, Florent! :thmbup:

·
Registered
44,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's said to be €6 million + Roberto Jiménez, we'll see though..

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
a very good signing and one that was urgently needed.if zoric's news about fee is confirmed than the fee is very good for us

but is he staying this season or not as oliviera was rumoured to sign as well

·
Registered
44,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Florent Sinama-Pongolle has been presented:

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I like this acquisition. 6 ME for a 23 year-old with a solid goal-scoring record in La Liga the last 2 seasons is pretty good. Now get a playmaker and I'll be happy.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
I am reading you will still be signing Ricardo Oliveira and FSP will go on loan to Benfica for this season.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I am reading you will still be signing Ricardo Oliveira and FSP will go on loan to Benfica for this season.
Hopefully not. Oliveira will cost more money than he's worth, when that money would be better spent on a playmaker. IMO FSP is a good enough backup striker for us.

·
Registered
44,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's not likely to happen any longer, especially since Zaragoza doesn't want to loan Oliveira to Atlético and the club doesn't want to buy him for €14 million. That's not the main target, far from it.

Those negotiations have stalled and I hope the club keeps Sinama-Pongolle for the upcoming season. He'll benefit from a playmaker who'll provide him with good balls, but I also think he'll fit in pretty well with Forlán/Agüero as they're both capable of playmaking, especially Forlán.

·
Registered
13,848 Posts
Good signing. He has looked impressive last season and scored many goals and is still young. Ideal backup attacker and can replace any of your two main attackers and even do other roles.

Oliveira should not be needed now. He would be ok for a reasonable fee, but the money certainly could be better spent on postions you need more urgently.

·
Registered
44,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Check out the scar he's got to the left, pretty big :eek:

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
i`m happy to see him sign in a very good contract with you and hopefully to see him in ucl in coming season. he deserve to play in a contender team. i think there is no doubt he succeeded with recreativo despite of lack of the big names there.

he becomes physically stronger..

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Good signing and if he recaptures the potential he had as a 17 year old you could have a potentially brilliant player on your hands. Technically brilliant and a brilliant dribbler, lightning fast, works hard and gets a chance he puts it away.

·
Registered
13,848 Posts
Is Mista satying?

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Mista was let go of a week or so back.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts