Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a very crucial game for us. Away to Villa is definatly one of the 'harder' games of the season. Unfortunatly, i'm getting the feeling that we won't walk away with all three points. We're in great form of late but our attack is still not ruthless enough to be out scoring team freely, especially in away games.

Some points:

* Giggs has to start - he has been fantastic lately and was surely MOM against Bolton
* Scholesy has to start - his scoring form is phenomenal and would be a huge waste to keep him out, even if he has the flu
* Flecther has to start - he has also been fantastic, really growing into a great player
*Rooney should be given a rest - he seems out of sorts and would be best to sit it out for a couple of games


Prefered Line-Up:

-----------Carroll-----------
Gaz---Rio---Mickey---Heinze
-Fletch---Keano---Scholesy-
-----Ronnie------Giggs------
-----------Smith------------


Prediction:

Head:
Villa [1] - [1] United
C. Cole - Smith

Heart:
Villa [0] - [2] United
--------- Scholes, Smith
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,578 Posts
tough one to predict, the demonstrated against chelsea that theyre certainly not push-overs...i have a gut feeling well get a draw (maybe less?) but when united ahve the momentum, things seemt to go their way, so ill say 2-1 to united, giggs and scholes to score again, provided they both play
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33,200 Posts
vedz said:
This is a very crucial game for us. Away to Villa is definatly one of the 'harder' games of the season. Unfortunatly, i'm getting the feeling that we won't walk away with all three points. We're in great form of late but our attack is still not ruthless enough to be out scoring team freely, especially in away games.

Some points:

* Giggs has to start - he has been fantastic lately and was surely MOM against Bolton
* Scholesy has to start - his scoring form is phenomenal and would be a huge waste to keep him out, even if he has the flu
* Flecther has to start - he has also been fantastic, really growing into a great player
*Rooney should be given a rest - he seems out of sorts and would be best to sit it out for a couple of games


Prefered Line-Up:

-----------Carroll-----------
Gaz---Rio---Mickey---Heinze
-Fletch---Keano---Scholesy-
-----Ronnie------Giggs------
-----------Smith------------


Prediction:

Head:
Villa [1] - [1] United
C. Cole - Smith

Heart:
Villa [0] - [2] United
--------- Scholes, Smith
we are playing away from home but i expect us to win comfortably ;)

villa have defensive problems delaney, martin laursen and Jlloyd Samuel are out injured so we have to take advantage of that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Fellas,do u all really think that Darren Fletcher is playing fantastically at the moment? Because i felt that he's still couldn't make the grade in the 1st-team.......especially that he has to really work on his shooting as he's atrocious at it!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,255 Posts
DeVi|_FaT said:
Fellas,do u all really think that Darren Fletcher is playing fantastically at the moment? Because i felt that he's still couldn't make the grade in the 1st-team.......especially that he has to really work on his shooting as he's atrocious at it!!!!
Started the season slowly, and had a poor game at Crystal Palace recently.

Other than that, I think he's done very well in the last couple of months. He's finally getting to play in the centre and he looks a different player for it. Most of the papers here had him as our second best player yesterday, and one of them gave him MOTM ahead of Giggs.

I don't think he was better than Giggsy yesterday, but I'd agree that he was our second best. His passing was sharp and creative, and he tackled back very well. I thought he had one of his best games yesterday.

He's improved as the season has went on, and now that he's playing centrally, I think he'll go from strength-to-strength.

I'd love to see him reach the level he was at in the stiffs. Orchestrating games from the middle of the park. He was different class at that level - but it's down to him to make the step up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,325 Posts
I dont think Fletcher was anything special against Bolton on Sunday. He played quite well in the first half, but I dont remember him doing much in the second half. I personally think Miller and Scholes played better than him although they just played for a few minutes. Keane had a good game too.

Back to the topic, Villa really impressed me in their match against Chelsea. I said it after the Bolton match, I think Villa deserved atleast a point in the game against Chelsea. On paper it should be a walk in the park for us, but it might be tricky for us to get all three points. However, I will predict a 2-0 win for us. That is because although they played well on Sunday, their finishing looked poor. I dont think they will score. If Scholes plays, I have a feeling we will score atleast two goals.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,940 Posts
We must win this game, only then we will be able to capitalize on everton's defeat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60,435 Posts
Once again your attack sucks big time in a match when you're missing RVN. I mean seriously, Alan Smith is not Man Utd material. The guy aint nothing special at all. Not only that he was invisible throughout the whole match at Villa Park but he missed one hell of a sitter in the dying moments of the match ! :eekani: Never considered him to be a class player. Just a good player, nothing special about him.

Giggs was simply brilliant in the first half. He reminded me with the Giggs of 5 seasons back when he made defenders look like little kids with his great runs and mazy dribbles. :shades: Even at this age the guy is a gem. :star: But his second half performance was a disappointment I'd have to say. He didn't get involved in play much.

Keane came on with half an hour left and he played well as you guys regained control of the game after a period of dominance (that lacked any sort of threat whatsoever) from Aston Villa.

Ronaldo once again played considerably well. He was lively and made one or two neat tricks that worked for him.

Lastly, Villa were shiiiiit. :dontcare: And why didn't Poll show Liam Ridgewell the red card for that horrible Kung foo kick on Rooney ?! :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,621 Posts
GIGGS was awsome in the first half, BUT for GODS sakes, u have definetly been ripped of, ROONEY is no where near his price, watch DEFOE, he is the best english striker.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,634 Posts
Giggsy was simply awesome. If the club sell him, then.,......
Even though Smith missed that sitter, I thought that he held the ball up nicely, which was needed for an away match.

And like you said, Keano and Ronaldo were good when they came on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
580 Posts
Ronaldo should give Smith a bollocking for missing that shot. And Roy Keane should punch his eyes out.

They nearly did to Ronaldo!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,634 Posts
yaf said:
Ronaldo should give Smith a bollocking for missing that shot. And Roy Keane should punch his eyes out.

They nearly did to Ronaldo!
LOL :D what comes around, goes around.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,578 Posts
wahey....creeping up the table....weve finally got that characteristic championsio winning teams have..turning scrappy games or dominance into 3 points......i think sooner or later well leapfrog arsenal..more worried about chelsea at the moment


and for gods sake, someone offer giggs more than a one year contract!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,325 Posts
My computer was down and hence I couldnt post after the match. We didnt play well at all in this game. Other than Giggs, most of the midfield sucked. We were decent in the first half, but we were crap in the second. In the second half Keane and Ronaldo played decently well. However, Giggs fizzled out. Scholes didnt play well today. Rooney was a huge disappointment. I dont know how Smithy missed that sitter. The commentator was saying even he could have scored from there. I think almost anyone and everyone could have scored from there. I am just glad that we managed to hold on and get all three points. We are third right now and that's a good thing too. BTW, Chelsea were lucky to get a win too...so its ok!!
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top