Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TROEST E' DEL PARMA
La presentazione martedì 15 luglio alle 15.50 a Collecchio

La Società Parma FC SpA comunica l'acquisto a titolo definitivo dal Midtjylland (Danimarca) del difensore Magnus TROEST (Copenaghen 05.07.1987).

Il calciatore, che ha firmato un contratto quinquennale (scadenza 30.06.2013), verrà presentato martedì 15 luglio 2008, alle ore 15,50 circa, al Centro Sportivo di Collecchio.

http://www.fcparma.com/it/NewsDetail.aspx?Id=86930

-------------------------

Very good news. Leon and now Troest, 2 very encouraging signings.

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Some info about Magnus:

Magnus Troest
(born June 5, 1987) is a Danish professional football player, who plays as a defender for FC Midtjylland in the Danish Superliga. His major skills are his physical strength, pace, and his heading ability. Magnus is the younger brother of Odense BK player Jonas Troest.

Magnus Troest started playing football in different Copenhagen clubs. He debuted for the Danish under-16 national team in October 2002, while playing for club B.93. In the summer 2003, the 16 year old Magnus Troest moved abroad to play for English club Aston Villa. The club reportedly wanted to sign his big brother Jonas Troest from B.93 as well. Magnus signed a three-year contract.[1] He played two years in the youth academy, but did not get his senior debut for Aston Villa.

In May 2005 he transferred back home to Denmark, to play for FC Midtjylland (FCM) in the top-flight Danish Superliga championship.[2] He initially had to struggle to make the FCM first team, but finally made his senior debut in October 2005.[3] He won the 2005 Danish under-19 Player of the Year award. From the second half of the 2005-06 season, he became a regular in the starting line-up. He scored his first two goals for FCM, as the club beat Aarhus GF 2-1 in March 2006.

Date of birth
June 5, 1987 (1987-06-05) (age 21)
Place of birth Denmark
Height 1.89 m (6 ft 2+1⁄2 in)
Playing position Defender

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Nice deal. Where does he play in the defence, right, or in central position?

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I sent Magnus a message on Facebook, congratulating him on his recent performances and expressing the hope that he'll stay at Parma next season.
This was his reply:

Hey Josh!
Thanks for your comment i apreciate it!!
Magnus

:proud:

The bastard still won't accept my friend request though. :pp

Anyway, he has been magnificent though this season, and it really goes to show that our scouting system is still working decently. I really think he is a Serie A quality player and hopefully he'll stay with us and prove just that next year.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I like him a lot, but Genoa will probably get him in the summer! :(:(:(
Hopefully not!

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Well i'm friends with Jonas Troest, and you can tell by the pictures on his page, they're like all of him with friends at parties and on days out and stuff, i haven't seen Magnus' page though!

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well i'm friends with Jonas Troest, and you can tell by the pictures on his page, they're like all of him with friends at parties and on days out and stuff, i haven't seen Magnus' page though!
Yeah that's also how I know, because Jonas is friends with Magnus on FB, and I know that Jonas really is Jonas Troest.
Plus, who would be sad enough to make a Magnus Troest profile?

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I hope that he stays with us after the summer, and he gets a game every weekend, cause he's damn good.
Even at right back.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts