Xtratime Community banner

21 - 40 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yeah Belhadj should be signing with Lyon this week who will loan out back to Sedan to finish up the season. I think its a good move for Belhadj, he's guaranteed regular action in Ligue 1 until the end of the season and dont forget, its his first season at this level (played in Ligue 2 before). I think Lyon is expecting Abidal to leave in the summer meaning he'll be a probable starter for Lyon next year. He's a great player and his hard work is finally paying off.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
MC Alger 1-1 AC Fiorentina

MCA drew 1-1 with Serie A side AC Fiorentina today at 5 Juillet Stadium in Alger, Algeria. MCA opened the scoring in the 4th minute by way of their Malian striker Rafan Sidibe. MCA almost won the game were it not for a Reginaldo goal in the 90th minute to level things up. Luca Toni and Adrian Mutu both started the game for Fiorentina.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Owls reject Bougherra bid

Sheffield Wednesday have this morning confirmed they've rejected a bid for the defender Madjid Bougherra. The club confirmed reports of a £1.3 million bid for the 24-year-old from Premiership strugglers Charlton Athletic. Owls' chief executive Kaven Walker confirmed the club had turned down the offer on the club's website, stating "He is not for sale." However the club has not commented on any get-out clause for the defender. We're led to believe Bougherra has a clause in his contract after all that allows him to talk to other clubs providing the Owls receive an offer a £1 million more than they paid for Bougherra. Sources have revealed to us this part of the agreement hasn't been adhered to, and has apparently left Bougherra frustrated and upset. Charlton officials are expected to meet again and decide how they will progress but it's expected they won't give up their chase easily.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
City swoop for French starlet

Manchester City have signed Djamel Abdoun on loan for the rest of the season. The highly-rated midfielder joins from French side Ajaccio, who have been playing in Ligue 2 this season following their relegation from the top flight last spring. Man City feel Abdoun has enormous potential and have decided to bring him in for the rest of the Premiership campaign. He has the opportunity to earn a permanent deal at the end of the season if he impresses. Abdoun is a Frenchman but has dual nationality with Algeria.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Reading Set For £3m Bougherra Bid

Reading boss Steve Coppell is set to bolster his squad by launching a £3m bid for highly-rated Owls defender Madjid Bougherra, according to reports today.

Bougherra has been hotly tipped for a move away from Hillsborough during the January transfer window, with Charlton Athletic already having a £1.3m bid rejected earlier this week.

And the £3m offer for the Algerian international could prove too much for Wednesday to resist, with the defender already seeming unsettled with the news over a move to the top-flight.

'All players want to play in the Premiership - it's [every] player's dream. I want to play [there] as quickly as possible - whether it's with Sheffield Wednesday or another club I don't know.' he told the official owls site.

Wednesday would see a huge profit made for the deal, after signing the 24-year-old for £200,000 from French club FC Gueugnon in the summer - and Owls boss Brian Laws could well use the money to strengthen in other areas.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Cherfa Signs First Contract With Toulouse

Toulouse defender Walid Cherfa has signed his first professional club with Toulouse FC, where he has spent the last 4 seasons in the junior ranks. The 20-year old will make his league debut this weekend against giants Olympique Lyon.

Yahia Close To Bochum

OGC Nice's Antar Yahia is close to joining Bundesliga side VfL Bochum. The 24-year old has made just 9 appearances for the second-last side in Ligue 1 this season and is looking to move to get more playing time. He will travel to Bochum on Sunday to hold talks with Bochum and finalize the deal. French side FC Lorient is also interested in his services.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Aït Alia Joins Montpellier

Midfielder Malek Aït Alia has signed with Ligue 2 side Montpellier HSC until the end of the season. The 29-year old started the season with Algerian club USM Alger but was released from the team after stealing money and valuables from a teammate. The French-born Aït Alia has previously played for Laval, Clermont and Lorient, all in the second division, and has 2 caps with the Algerian national team.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Hemdani next to leave Gers?

Rangers midfielder Brahim Hemdani could be next to leave via the revolving door at Ibrox. The ex Marseille defender has been a mainstay in the Rangers team this season, initially in midfield but eventually moving back into the defence.

Walter Smith doesn't see him as part of his plans though and could be tempted to let him go to Middlesbrough who are thought to be willing to make bid of £1 million pound. Tottenham Hotspur manager Martin Jol is also an admirer of the Frenchman. That money could come in handy to tie up a deal to bring Blackburn's Andy Todd to Rangers. Todd is rated around the £1 million mark and Blackburn could be willing to sell.

Hemdani could be the second player to leave Ibrox in the transfer window, his exit would come hot in the heels of Julien Rodriguez who will sign for Marseille subject to a medical. But it isn't just the players who are using that revolving door, the backroom staff are also using it. As Smith, McCoist and McDowall came in, the club doctor Ian McGuiness went in the oppposite direction as he was fired by the club.

McGuiness was seen cracking open the champagne when le Guen got the boot last week, but the joke was on him today as he followed le Guen to the job centre. It would seem that no one is safe at the moment, the canteen ladies had better watch their backs!

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Algerian to train with Whites
By Laurent Picard - Created on 17 Jan 2007

Leeds United are ready to give Algeria international defender Anthar Yahia the chance to win a deal at the club.

The 24-year-old is currently surplus to requirements at Nice and has been told he can leave in January if he finds a new home.

Leeds boss Dennis Wise has invited the former Bastia and Milan stopper a chance to win a deal with the Championship strugglers.

Wise has made bolstering his leaky defence a priority in January and has already snapped up Robbie Elliott and Armando Sa this month.

The Whites are not the only club interested in Yahia, as he is due to undergo a trial with German side Bochum once his time in West Yorkshire concludes.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I have assurances from sources close to the player that Watford midfielder Hameur Bouazza will be present for Algeria's friendly against Libya on Feb. 7th in Alger. Previous reports had stated that Bouazza was unsure about joining the Algerian squad and wishing to hold out for a spot on the French NT but the player has squashed those rumours. Bouazza has featured 18 times for Watford this season, scoring 3 goals and has been one of the best, if not the best, players on the team.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Some updates:

1. The Watford official website has confirmed that Bouazza has been called up to the Algeria squad for the Libya game.

2. Anthar Yahia has completed successful trials with Bundesliga side VfL Bochum and Championship side Leeds United. Of course, the player would prefer Bochum but is waiting to work out the financial details first. OGC Nice will loan him with an option to buy.

3. Sochaux midfielder Karim Ziani is being linked to Atletico Madrid and Juventus. He's also been linked with a move to Marseille all year long.

4. Ajaccio defender/midfielder Abderraouf Zarabi has been loaned back out to FC Gueugnon. He played last season with Gueugnon before returning to Ajaccio this year. However, the player has not had the best time, being forced to play in a number of different positions.

5. Birmingham is out of the race to sign Sheffield Wednesday defender Madjid Bougherra. The two teams still in the running are Premiership sides Charlton and Everton. The Owls have put a £3m price tag on the player.

Finally, Ligue 1 resumed action after the winter break today:

-Rafik Saifi scored his 5th goal of the season to lead Lorient to a 1-0 victory over 2nd place Lens. Yazid Mansouri played the entire game for Lorient.

-Karim Ziani (Sochaux), Mansour Boutabout and Nadir Belhadj (both Sedan) all started in Sochaux's 1-1 draw with Sedan. Boutabout assisted on the Sedan goal. Striker Eyemen Henaini made his Ligue 1 debut replacing Boutabout in the 82nd minute.

-Khaled Kharroubi came on in the 54th minute for Valenciennes as they drew 1-1 with Le Mans.

-Toulouse goalkeeper Sofiane Khedairia (just 17 years old!) was on the bench for Toulouse but did not see any action in Toulouse's 1-0 road win against Nice. Walid Cherfa was also on the bench and did not play.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Amroune On Trial With Dynamo Kiev

CR Belouizdad's Mohamed Seiffedine Amroune is currently on trial with Ukrainian club Dynamo Kiev. The 23-year old forward has been a regular starter for the capital side since joining them at the beginning of last season. However, his team's president is opposed to the player leaving the club and has said he will block any potential transfer. Amroune's case to play in Europe will not be helped by the fact that he left on trial without informing club officials.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Djeziri hopes for Gers move

Danish starlet Adda Djeziri is being tipped to move to Rangers before the close of the transfer window.

The teenage forward trained with the Scottish giants last week and is understood to have impressed Walter Smith and Ally McCoist.

He currently plays for BK Frem and reports have suggested he would cost Rangers a fee of £125,000.

Frem chairman Hans Hermansen has confirmed talks have taken place and appears optimistic a deal will be concluded before the window shuts.

"A couple of details remain to be discussed, but I am convinced that the transfer will take place this month," said Hermansen.

Djeziri has been likened to former Rangers ace Peter Lovenkrands, and the youngster would welcome a move to Ibrox.

He told bold.dk: "Glasgow Rangers is a great club and everything just seems so perfect, so that would be my first choice if it was up to me."

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Addicks complete Owls swoop

Charlton Athletic have wrapped up the signing of Sheffield Wednesday defender Madjid Bougherra for a fee of £2.5million.

The Owls had been reluctant to sell the Algerian international in January, but Bougherra has now sealed his move to The Valley after spending just over eight months with the Yorkshire side.

Everton and Birmingham City had also taken a keen interest in the 24-year-old who follows Zheng Zhi and Ben Thatcher in signing up to Alan Pardew's survival campaign at Charlton.

The Addicks currently lie three points shy of safety in the Premiership and the arrival of Bougherra should go some way to shoring up a defence that has conceded 43 goals in 24 games - the most in the top flight.

Pardew originally failed with a £1.3million offer for the defender before The Owls relented and agreed on a £2.5million fee on Friday.

Now Bougherra has explained that he chose Charlton over Everton as David Moyes intended to use him as a utility player.

"Charlton was the first club which contacted me, I met them very quickly, the leaders and staff, and I felt that he [Pardew] wanted me," Bougherra told his official website.

"I went to Liverpool and visited the infrastructure of Everton, an immense club indeed.

"But the trainer was honest with me from the very start, he said to me that he needed a general purpose player who could play defensive midfield.

"For me it is out of question that I change position. Indeed I started life as a defensive midfielder, but no one ever noticed me in this position.

"The position of central defender is that which is appropriate to me and at 24 years I want to continue my progress in this position with my club as with the national team."

·
0-1, Huth.
6,070 Posts
Madjid Bougherra a quality player. Watched him several times in the Championship for Sfheffield Wed. and the boy is immense at times. Too bad he going to Charlton though, cuz they going down. I was kind of hoping he would sign for Aston Villa, as he as a much bigger chance to shine there under Martin O'Neil.

A fantastic defender though. When Sheffield Wed. trashed us 4-1 :moan: at our own backyard he looked fantastic. Although he didnt have much to do that game (cuz we are complete shit) he showed some quality. And he's only 24.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
The funny part is that he is still learning the game since he never attended an Academy growing up! I'm sure he has a release clause should Charlton be relegated.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Bochum land Yahia

Bochum have strengthened their squad by signing Nice defender Anthar Yahia.

Algeria international Yahia impressed the Bundesliga side during a recent trial and has joined on loan until the end of the season with the option of a permanent move if he impresses.

Just last week he had a trial with Championship strugglers Leeds before trying his luck in Germany.

"Anthar underlined in training and during a friendly that he could help us and he made it clear that he wants to join us," said Bochum's managing director Stefan Kuntz.

The 24-year-old has so far featured in over 100 league games for Bastia and Nice but was recently told he was surplus to requirements at the Municipal du Rey.

Yahia could make his Bundesliga debut on Tuesday as Bochum face a tricky test at Bayern Munich.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Yebda Joins Le Mans

Le Mans have announced the signature of striker Hasan Yebda. The 22-year old player recently cancelled his contract with AJ Auxerre after failing to feature for the first team in his first three season there. He spent the second half of last season on loan to Ligue 2 side Laval where he scored 1 goal in 14 appearances. Le Mans are 9th in the 20 team French top division.

21 - 40 of 129 Posts