Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.fcbarcelona.com/eng/noticias/noticias/n05012406.shtml

Demetrio Albertini is, after Coco, the second player to wear the FC Barcelona shirt. The Italian midfielder arrives at the club set on contributing his expertise in that area of the field of play to his new club.

An enviable career history

Albertini has a history of success behind him. With AC Milan he won the European Cup (1994), 1 European Super Cup (1995), 5 Italian leagues (1992, 1993, 1994, 1996 and 1999) and 3 Italian Super Cups (1992, 1993 and 1994). With the Italian national side, he was runner-up at the 1994 World Cup and the 2000 European Championship. He has represented the 'azzuri' on 79 occasions.

-----------------------------------

well, i'm happy for demetrio, he found a promising club with big prestige, (with all due respect to atalanta, last in the italian league :howler:) where he can end his carreer.

thanks to the absences of Motta, Gabri and Edmílson , i 'm sure italian number 4 will have a great time there.

i do feel sorry for atalanta, for losing their one and only #star# player though.

forza demetrio, and as an inter milan fan, i'm ashamed that I am the one who has to make a thread about this great news for a great player ;)

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
Amazing, this transfer... good luck, Trio, all the best at Barcelona.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ALBERTINI4ever said:
yeah, it's official now...

beh... well, I wish him good luck (as always) and I am sure that he is going to do a great job there.

Forza Deme... sarò con te per sempre !!

well well, posting at the xtratime, but not online at msn messsenger :wallbang:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Psycho said:
Amazing, this transfer... good luck, Trio, all the best at Barcelona.
:thmbup: :shades: :thmbup:

·
1st Tier Poster
50,409 Posts
He might find it hard to get playing time. There's Deco, Xavi, Iniesta, also that young talent Messi...Barca's centre midfield is quite crowded as it is. But still, it's great that he will get the final moments of limelight in such a great club. :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Unbelievible transfer. Good luck Deme :thmbup:

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
In boca al lupo Metronomo!!!:thmbup:

Per sempre :devil: Uno di Noi!!!:devil::stuckup:

Ciao.;)

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Wish Albertini all the best in his new club..

Forza Deme!

·
Registered
43,410 Posts
Wish Albertini all the best. Always ONE OF US! :)

I saw s brief summary of last atlant ggame (lost 0-1) and teh form Demi showed reminded me of hsi best years. He was everywhere, great passes, free-kicks, etc. Besdies, Rajkaard shoudl be in good terms with him. After all - the played together :D

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
bono said:
Wish Albertini all the best. Always ONE OF US! :)

I saw s brief summary of last atlant ggame (lost 0-1) and teh form Demi showed reminded me of hsi best years. He was everywhere, great passes, free-kicks, etc. Besdies, Rajkaard shoudl be in good terms with him. After all - the played together :D
What a coincidence, our squad has NO player capable of filling the defensive playmaker role besdies Andrea Pirlo. Once Andrea is not there, even Livorno outclassed us. :rolleyes: Our system relies a deep playmaker to direct all those short passes build up game. Well Gallinai+Carlo still didnt find any understudy for Pirlo and kicked out Deme. :rolleyes:

I wonder if Deme is there, we can have at least SOME order in attack during the second half of the Livorno match... :eek:

Congrats Barca. Deme may not be starter anymore but he'll transmit invaluable CL experience and calmness to the team. Xavi would be benefited from the presence of Deme, believe me.

P.S.

Cesare Maldini once said, Albertini's absence can only be feeled when he's not fielded. And now Pirlo, despite being clearly the most indispensible player in our team, is constantly criticised by Bayman and co. Playing as exactly the same role despite playing in different era, BOTH ANDREA AND DEME LACK THE RESPECT AND CREDIT THEY FULLY DESERVE...

best of luck, Deme.
You are always part of us. :devil:
FORZA MILAN. :devil:

·
Registered
43,410 Posts
I think it is common knowledge that main reason for Deme not being with Milan is Carlo. Personal stuff as far as I can remember it. Too bad, but everyone, including Carlo has his flaws ;)

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Hope he has another 1.5 year of good football in him
And also hope we meet him in the CL final (if Barca go that far he would become a starter for sure until then)

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
Indeed, quite an interesting artcile. Well good luck to Deme

·
Registered
10,241 Posts
bono said:
I think it is common knowledge that main reason for Deme not being with Milan is Carlo. Personal stuff as far as I can remember it. Too bad, but everyone, including Carlo has his flaws ;)
Common knowledge? I disagree. I remember the forums during Deme's last years, he was being criticized from all angles and in my estimation around 70 % of the milanisti wanted him out.

I personally believe it had more to do with his performances when he wasn't injured than it had to do with a general antipathy directed towards the former Great.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Elephant King said:
Well Gallinai+Carlo still didnt find any understudy for Pirlo and kicked out Deme. :rolleyes:
Well, Gallinai+Carlo told us officially that Redondo would be the understudy for Pirlo when they sold Deme. :veiled:

Laudrup said:
Common knowledge? I disagree. I remember the forums during Deme's last years, he was being criticized from all angles and in my estimation around 70 % of the milanisti wanted him out.

I personally believe it had more to do with his performances when he wasn't injured than it had to do with a general antipathy directed towards the former Great.
About a week ago, Maldini said in the interview with la Reppublica that he stoped appreciating some fans becuase they were way too harsh to himself, Billy, Albertini by booing them so hard back then. :thmbdown: The two "booed bad players" aka Billy & Maldini have been shining through in the last 2+ seasons, can we give the benenfit of doubt to Deme also instead of nailing down him on his past bad perfoms & bad forms?

If you think that your conclusion comes from your firmly personal inner belief is correct, then we, ppl like bono, Demi, Elephant, me, etc., also have the total right to believe our own conclusion basing on our observation & logical reasoning & info. from media is correct.

Good luck Deme!

·
Registered
10,241 Posts
I don't say I'm right, I just say what I think. And yes, you have every right to believe whatever you wish to.

Also, I was always behind the old guard, including Deme. Feel free to dig up my views from the past. You'll find that I was as supportive of the team and its players as I am today.

P.S. I choose to give the legendary Carletto the benefit of the doubt and truly believe it was a well-thought-out decision, based on professionalism, to release Deme.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
aim said:
About a week ago, Maldini said in the interview with la Reppublica that he stoped appreciating some fans becuase they were way too harsh to himself, Billy, Albertini by booing them so hard back then. :thmbdown: The two "booed bad players" aka Billy & Maldini have been shining through in the last 2+ seasons, can we give the benenfit of doubt to Deme also instead of nailing down him on his past bad perfoms & bad forms?

!
The inteview was aired on tv, I saw it. I believe that Paolo :cool: was sending a message to some fans, with which I agree :cool: Not all fans in San Siro booed our legends though, it was a small but significant minority :stuckup:

On Albertini: I loved him, he was our "original metronomo" back then :shades: fair to say, that he was not performing as well as back in the old days, even though he could have stayed in the squad. The truth of why he left, has never come to surface. For sure, he's still a devoted Milanista :shades: every time he speaks of Milan, his words come from his heart :heart: :proud: :heart:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts