Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 409 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
let's have all the talks about the 2006 WC here...

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Dejan Stankovic is gearing up to lead Serbia and Montengro to their first World Cup victory!

Alvaro Recoba will be watching from home, knowing that he might have possibly only one more chance to lead Uruguay at the big event!

Luis Figo will be leading a favorite in Portugal to victory this summer, hoping his comeback was worth it!

Marco Materazzi will be providing adequate cover for a Totti-shaken Italia, hoping that he can get his chance but not at the expense of others!

Zanetti and Samuel and Cambiasso will be hoping their favorite Argentina can finally emerge from within Brazil's shadow! Cambiasso will be hoping that an injury to Mareschano might finally mean he gets his deserved starter spot in the NT!

Cruz will be doing his best to try to make the Argentina squad as a fifth striker!

Adriano will be hoping he can regain his form and lead Brazil to the same success as he has led them in the Copa America!

Oba Martins will be resting at home, knowing that failure for a great nation like Nigeria will not do in the next World Cup!

Ivan Cordoba will be mulling his sorrow after knowing that he deserves so much more than missing out on the big stage this summer!

Julio Cesar will be hoping Dida's bad form will enable him to take over as Brazil's no. 1 Goalkeeper come the summer!

Wome will be crying, knowing he had the balls to take a penalty and failed for his country!

My hopes:

USA wins over Italy. That will guarantee a second place finish in the group. Then, next up- A clash with Brazil. Where I hope we will conquer and show that Brazilians are all hype and no type.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if adriano continues his poor form, he'll probably have to go to the bench...ronaldinho + ronaldo + robinho for brazil...

·
Registered
8,899 Posts
Do any of u think there is any chance of Veron being recalled to the Argies squad....He certainly deserves...Although he does quite abit of competition in the centre of the park in the Argentine squad, notably Aimar, Messi, Riquelme.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no...i don't think veron'll make it...cruz will have a better chance to make it...

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Messi is just too good . . prodigy

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Two players Argentina need if they want a chance to win the world cup:

1. Veron
2. Messi

I'm quite sure Veron wont be selected as Pekerman doesn't rate him. Messi MUST play. If he doesn't, then Argentina have no chance whatsoever.

As you guys might or might not know, I supported Argentina way before any other NT/Club. (Maradona)

I'm hoping for this:

------Abondanzieri--------

JZ---Ayala--Samuel---Heinze

----Cambiasso--------Sorin
------------Veron---------
----------Riquelme--------

---Messi
---------Crespo-----------

We can always have great subs in Aimar, Saviola, Luis Gonzalez, Mascherano.

Knowing Pekerman however, he will probably have Luis Gonzalez or Mascherano in there instead of Veron. I just hope Messi makes it.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Al Capone said:
Dejan Stankovic is gearing up to lead Serbia and Montengro to their first World Cup victory!
If that happens Razman's gonna break his TV set into pieces :tongue:

·
Registered
867 Posts
As for Argentina I think Cambiasso and Mascherano can play together in the same kind of partnership as Cambiasso has had with C Zanetti in Inter.

Veron should be there in Germany as a playmaker. Riquelme is better than Veron right now, but the WC will be long (hopefully) and he'll gonna need a sub. Aimar and Messi can also do the playmaking but I see them more as offensive midfielders or support strikers.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
World Cup 2006

February 8, 2006

All 64 matches of FIFA World Cup 2006 will be televised in the US LIVE or via short tape-delay in the US in English, Spanish, and Korean.

Soccer United Marketing (SUM), the marketing arm of Major League Soccer (MLS), will present all 64 matches LIVE in English, with no commercial interruptions during play, on either ABC, ESPN, or ESPN2, in both standard definition and optional high definition (Cable and satellite TV operators charge extra for ABC HD, ESPN HD, and ESPN2 HD).

Univision Communications will broadcast 56 games live on Univision and 8 games live on TeleFutura, all in Spanish, with no commercial interruptions during play, in standard definition ONLY.

KBS World, a Korean-language subscription channel available via DISH Network satellite TV and digital cable in some areas (such as parts of Los Angeles), will have 56 games live and 8 games via short tape-delay, in standard definition ONLY.

In Canada, Rogers Sportsnet, TSN, and CTV will combine to air all 64 games live in English, while RDS will air all 64 games live or via short tape-delay in French.

TV schedules will be posted on soccerTV.com on or around May 1.

soccertv.com

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Yvonne said:
If that happens Razman's gonna break his TV set into pieces :tongue:
There won't be any smashed TVs. If I know Stankovic well, he won't even lead his side to the round of 16 :D

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
zanetti and cruz must play for argentina cause coloccini and crespo isn't that good.
and their goalkeeper Abondanzieri is clumsy...
too bad veron isn't anymore in NT

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
What Argentina needs is Veron. The Cambiasso-Veron partnership would do wonders to Argentina.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i went to argentine forum and some people there said that there is a possibility that argentina will go to germany without j.zanetti...

i hope it is not true...because they need him...

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Carson35 said:
i went to argentine forum and some people there said that there is a possibility that argentina will go to germany without j.zanetti...

i hope it is not true...because they need him...
Pekerman would be asking for the sack if he doesn't tak JZ!

·
Registered
27,281 Posts
Carson35 said:
In Canada, Rogers Sportsnet, TSN, and CTV will combine to air all 64 games live in English, while RDS will air all 64 games live or via short tape-delay in French.
This is unless there is some sort of a curling tournament.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
pulsar, do u know what time they'll show the WC in the US?

1 - 20 of 409 Posts