Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tudor joins struggling Siena
Thursday 27 January, 2005
Juventus have confirmed that Igor Tudor has joined Siena on loan for the rest of the season.

The Croatian was wanted by a host of Spanish and English clubs but has decided to stay in Serie A.

Tudor has left the Stadio Delle Alpi after spending most of this season on the bench following the arrival of boss Fabio Capello.

The latter has preferred to start most matches with Lilian Thuram and Fabio Cannavaro in central defence.

Tudor, who has scored 15 goals in 110 games since his 1998 switch to the Old Lady, becomes the third stopper to leave Turin this January.

He follows Mark Iuliano and Nicola Legrottaglie who have joined Majorca and Bologna respectively.
=====================

So this leaves Montero, Ferrera, and Zebina as backups for Thuram and Cannavaro. Some people are worried, as discussion happens in the rumors thread. What do you think? Will we get another defender in? Youth team players are playing well too apparently.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Good job, Moggi :rolleyes: Unless he's going to pull another Ibrahimovich sort of a last minute buy I don't know how he thinks we're going to win the season with that gap in the defence.

·
International
8,545 Posts
Good for Igor, he stays in Serie A and should be playing regularly for the rest of the season.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
first iuliano, then legro, now tudor...these moves smell of something but i'm not sure what...moggi must be cooking something up...why would we leave ourselves with only montero and ferrara on the bench...possibily a defender coming in before the deadline (sure hope so)...

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
tudor is'nt a bad player at all I remember before his horrid Injury run he was one of Juve's best.I'm convinced he'll get back to those ways slowly with more regular football.It's hard for Juve to change a winning team.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
really should have been the last centre back on bench to leave. montero and ferrara as back ups are not great. Zebina isnt a strong centre back either...im hoping moggi has something up his sleeve.

maybe a youth player will come in...any players from the youth team good enough?

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
yeah but it can be a benefit also. he is young, would want to really impress, he would want to learn as well. to me, nothing is better than being thrown into the deep end...its the hardest but quickest way to learn.

and realistically thinking about it, montero has the brains, but his body doesnt agree with his brain. At least a younger defender may not have all the brains as yet, but he is able to keep up with a forward instead of cutting him down.

i think capello will have no choice, sooner or later thuram or cannavaro will be missing for a game. a youth defender will have to come into the squad imo.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I would have preferred Montero going on loan but we don't have much depth in the defence department now that Tudor and Iuliano are gone. This could led to a serious problem if either Thuram or Canna miss a game. So we need to buy a defender or atleast get one on loan!

·
Registered
17,558 Posts
There isn't much time left before the transfer window closes, so whatever hopefully Moggi is planning to do, he'd better do it quickly.

It just seems uncharacteristic for us to be having a clear out like this in January and with no apparent replacements in sight to boot...

I hope Moggi is on top of the situation. I can't deny being more anxious than usual on this issue.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Could we use Tachinardi has central defender? I mean, it work with Giannicheda and Di Biagio

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
espectro said:
Could we use Tachinardi has central defender? I mean, it work with Giannicheda and Di Biagio
That´s an interesting idea...but, remember that we dont have a deep midfield too: now Nedved is injured, Emo isn´t fit, Appiah is playing crap, so we need Tach in the middle....

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Tacchinardi has played in central defence a couple of times in his younger days. he isnt very good at it and if capello has to revert to such measures, i think its just about the most embarrassing situation in the clubs last decade.

i think if a defender was to join now, it would be someone who hasnt been rumoured at all, a real surprise player who may not even be of high quality.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Good a great player like him doesnt deserve to stay at Juventus

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
a great player? he has been injured for 90% of the last 3 seasons. I think you have your statement the wrong way around.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
CUG said:
and realistically thinking about it, montero has the brains, but his body doesnt agree with his brain.
That would be a fair assesment if you are basing your opinion on his performances from last years season.

However in the Copa America & the last few WCQ he turned his game around & played some of the best football I have seen him play.

It's been a couple of months since our last qualifier so I don't know how his form would be now, but I think over the summer he really healed from the injuries that plagued him last season.

·
International
8,545 Posts
Tudor's improved at Siena, 2 games and only 1 out injured which gives him a 50% injury rate :tongue:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts