Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FIRE CUPER!!!

--------------

No need to tell me how "miracolous" he was with Valencia and Mallorca and Inter. No need to talk about how Ghirardi screwed up when he signed Lucarelli instead of DEFENDERS. We know that.

What we have SEEN is something that's never happened before in Parmas short history in serie a. I know we have been down to 9 men, but on rare occasion such as against the cheaters back then. BUT THIS????

This is a PERFECT example of a coach who have NO CLUE when things don't go his way. He hasn't improved us deffensivly, instead he has only made us WEAK when we go forward.

To see our team today, act in such a DISGRACEFUL manner just schocks me. THIS I blame on Cuper.

PLEASE BRING BACK DI CARLO!!!!

CUPER FVCK OFF!!!!!!

·
Administrator
53,206 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
i dont like cuper also
but, it is too late now...
the locker room now in very very bad mood..!!
and if cuper is sacked what the locker room gonna be?

we need carminagni's hand..!!
where is he..??
help us please pietro..!!

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Carmignani or Di Carlo. Either one of them two. We will either go down with our heads held high or we will survive. With Cuper, we will go down like crackheads go down on anything for some crack.

And Osman, you fvck, stop posting pic of him. I feel sick already :yuck:

·
Registered
183 Posts
I think you're pushing it too hard. I understand your anger , we all feel the same but Hector Cuper is not the reason we go down , it's not like he is a wizard with a magic stick. I'm really upset about getting relegated , but I prefer seeing the real problem which clearly is Zamagna and the way players are being recruited.

Sorry about that , but I totally disagree with your frustration against the guy , damn you have twats like Zenoni and Falcone who are letting us down almost every game and sh*t management and you blame Cuper ? That's just naive

·
Banned
18,453 Posts
I wanted to post something about this last night, but I didn’t want to jump the gun, although I expected us to lose this game.

Valdrin I'm with you 100% about this, our performances under Cuper have been dismal, and embarrassing in my opinion, Parma Calcio never played this way even under Passarella.

However to blame Cuper solely would mean avoiding the real problem this club really has.

Lemme take you back to January 07 when our saviour Tommaso Ghirardi rolled into town, I'm not going to pretend to be well connected and know everyone etc, but Parma is a small place, it wasnt a problem to at all to get into the presentation in Banco Monte. I had a first hand chance to see what the man was all about.

The presentation was completed, he gave the speech and answered the media questions etc, and then he and Medeghini, Bondi and Zamagna and the senior Parma management were just mingling with Parmesan high society (wine and cheese etc) I took my chance and spoke to him for about 5 min just to get a proper feeling of what he was about.

Although the journalists and people were impressed him, I had my doubts about this guy, even more important when I found out Parma Calcio was sold for only €4 million euros, I was pretty stunned.

Enrico Bondi (Parmalat adminisrator) was desperate to offload Parma, he was in the middle of a deal to sell Parmalat for billions since he balanced the books, and was getting rid of all the accessory assets of Parmalat, like Parma FC.

I was pretty certain that at €4 million, plus a guarantee from a bank that they would bail the club out if there is any financial trouble in the horizon would be more than enough to persuade someone with deeper pockets to invest in the club.

Anyway boring financial issues aside, I had a problem with Tommy firstly for his lack of experience, coming from the lower divisions and attempting to run the club the same way as Carpendolo, secondly he was talking as if he had money and it became evident pretty soon he didn’t have the financial power to elevate Parma back to being a competitive team.

Now most people have a picture I assume of an English style set up in Parma, where is the Chairman at the top, then Senior management then Director of Sport (who deals with the technical side of things) then the coaching team.

The proper structure is supposed to be:

Chairman --> Director General --> Director of sport --> Team general manager --> Head coach.

Our structure is: Ghiro ---> Zamagna ---> Manager.

The other problem which would be prove to be disastrous in the long run for Parma, was that Ghiro is a ****ing control freak, he kept Zamagna on only because he is a yes man, he's pretty much involved in the technical side of the club, like signings and targets he's there all the time in Collecchio, as if he is part of the process.

This is Parma Calcio, a Serie A team with great history and achievements, you don’t come and learn how to run big clubs and practice on us :yuck:

I always believed in separation in clubs, between the money men and the football men. The suits most of the time are clueless about football and their interference only worsens the situation.

He didn’t bring in an experienced Direttore Generale to run the club, Franco Baldini was available at the time, Luca Baraldi too. He kept on board a useless Director of Sport Gabriele Zamagna (A man who was heavily over promoted in the first place) Lorenzo Minotti despite practically begging for a job was ignored, in his previous role as General manager of the team, he was the buffer between the technical side of the club, and the financial side, and he was fecking great at it in all honesty.

However he made one decision which I approved of, signing Claudio Ranieri, even then they managed to screw it up, I think it was clear before the Empoli game we were going to survive, Ranieri wasn’t approached by Juve just yet, they should have signed him on to a 2-3 year contract and bring some continuity and stability to the club.

So for short term gain, I have a feeling we're going to suffer long term pain, I'm even worried he might ditch the club if we don’t manage to make it back up straight away (assuming we're relegated)

I would trust (random XT member) lets say Lucagol at 23 years of age to run this club more efficiently and that really says a lot. If our problem was just the manager or director of sport, it can be solved, they can be axed, but what if the owner is part of the problem and not part of the solution. :stress:

My head says: Its the end of the dream, my heart says: anything's possible.

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LL: I do blame Ghirardi and if we go down it will be HIS fault. People who've talked with me over msn know what I felt like when Ghirardi signed lucarelli instead of defenders. BUT, leave that aside, let's look how the team performed. They are a serie C club. Sure Ghirardi made mistakes but to be honest, we had management who've done far worse when we were under administration but we could at least get the right coach (perhaps not immidietly but after our first or second mistake).

I can't stress enough how inapproriate this decision was for Parma. This will take us down to serie b for sure!

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Serie B might not be all that bad...:lala:

Anyways...I find it really hard to be pissed off these days...nowadays all I can muster is sadness at the situation...:stress:

At this point I'm pretty certain we're headed for Serie B...we've been headed towards Serie B for many seasons now...:sleepy:

If we manage to stay up...next season will probably be the same as previous seasons. :wallbang:

·
Registered
276 Posts
I wanted to post something about this last night, but I didn’t want to jump the gun, although I expected us to lose this game.

Valdrin I'm with you 100% about this, our performances under Cuper have been dismal, and embarrassing in my opinion, Parma Calcio never played this way even under Passarella.

However to blame Cuper solely would mean avoiding the real problem this club really has.

Lemme take you back to January 07 when our saviour Tommaso Ghirardi rolled into town, I'm not going to pretend to be well connected and know everyone etc, but Parma is a small place, it wasnt a problem to at all to get into the presentation in Banco Monte. I had a first hand chance to see what the man was all about.

The presentation was completed, he gave the speech and answered the media questions etc, and then he and Medeghini, Bondi and Zamagna and the senior Parma management were just mingling with Parmesan high society (wine and cheese etc) I took my chance and spoke to him for about 5 min just to get a proper feeling of what he was about.

Although the journalists and people were impressed him, I had my doubts about this guy, even more important when I found out Parma Calcio was sold for only €4 million euros, I was pretty stunned.

Enrico Bondi (Parmalat adminisrator) was desperate to offload Parma, he was in the middle of a deal to sell Parmalat for billions since he balanced the books, and was getting rid of all the accessory assets of Parmalat, like Parma FC.

I was pretty certain that at €4 million, plus a guarantee from a bank that they would bail the club out if there is any financial trouble in the horizon would be more than enough to persuade someone with deeper pockets to invest in the club.

Anyway boring financial issues aside, I had a problem with Tommy firstly for his lack of experience, coming from the lower divisions and attempting to run the club the same way as Carpendolo, secondly he was talking as if he had money and it became evident pretty soon he didn’t have the financial power to elevate Parma back to being a competitive team.

Now most people have a picture I assume of an English style set up in Parma, where is the Chairman at the top, then Senior management then Director of Sport (who deals with the technical side of things) then the coaching team.

The proper structure is supposed to be:

Chairman --> Director General --> Director of sport --> Team general manager --> Head coach.

Our structure is: Ghiro ---> Zamagna ---> Manager.

The other problem which would be prove to be disastrous in the long run for Parma, was that Ghiro is a ****ing control freak, he kept Zamagna on only because he is a yes man, he's pretty much involved in the technical side of the club, like signings and targets he's there all the time in Collecchio, as if he is part of the process.

This is Parma Calcio, a Serie A team with great history and achievements, you don’t come and learn how to run big clubs and practice on us :yuck:

I always believed in separation in clubs, between the money men and the football men. The suits most of the time are clueless about football and their interference only worsens the situation.

He didn’t bring in an experienced Direttore Generale to run the club, Franco Baldini was available at the time, Luca Baraldi too. He kept on board a useless Director of Sport Gabriele Zamagna (A man who was heavily over promoted in the first place) Lorenzo Minotti despite practically begging for a job was ignored, in his previous role as General manager of the team, he was the buffer between the technical side of the club, and the financial side, and he was fecking great at it in all honesty.

However he made one decision which I approved of, signing Claudio Ranieri, even then they managed to screw it up, I think it was clear before the Empoli game we were going to survive, Ranieri wasn’t approached by Juve just yet, they should have signed him on to a 2-3 year contract and bring some continuity and stability to the club.

So for short term gain, I have a feeling we're going to suffer long term pain, I'm even worried he might ditch the club if we don’t manage to make it back up straight away (assuming we're relegated)

I would trust (random XT member) lets say Lucagol at 23 years of age to run this club more efficiently and that really says a lot. If our problem was just the manager or director of sport, it can be solved, they can be axed, but what if the owner is part of the problem and not part of the solution. :stress:

My head says: Its the end of the dream, my heart says: anything's possible.
You know what LL, you say he hasn't money, when I saw him last week I'm sure he had the same clothes on that he had on when i saw him last year! And his car isn't a flash one either.

·
Banned
18,453 Posts
You know what LL, you say he hasn't money, when I saw him last week I'm sure he had the same clothes on that he had on when i saw him last year! And his car isn't a flash one either.

LOL :D

Money in all honesty is not everything, a more astute management
could have maximasied the potential of this club.

From a financial side, having an online shop to sell the merchandise
should have been the start.

From a footballing perspective, we should have off loaded Morfeo
and not signed Corradi (wages) money was also wasted on Reginaldo
and Lucarelli. There was SOME money there, it was just wasted
away and thrown at nothing.

I'm not even saying this in hindsight, I thought so back in the
summer. Take Lucarelli as an example, a lot of people thought
good player, wrong time. (Correct observation)

BUT he still went ahead with it. :rollani: Even more amazing is the fact
that Budan was practically back when they signed him, and we had
the worst defence in the league.

If it was an owner with a lot of money, he can afford to make a few
bad decisions and rectify the situation with money, in this case the little
money we had is gone with the wind.

·
Banned
18,453 Posts
LL: I do blame Ghirardi and if we go down it will be HIS fault. People who've talked with me over msn know what I felt like when Ghirardi signed lucarelli instead of defenders. BUT, leave that aside, let's look how the team performed. They are a serie C club. Sure Ghirardi made mistakes but to be honest, we had management who've done far worse when we were under administration but we could at least get the right coach (perhaps not immidietly but after our first or second mistake).

I can't stress enough how inapproriate this decision was for Parma. This will take us down to serie b for sure!

I agree, Cuper is the manager, so he's to blame for this mess.

But you have to keep in mind, we were struggling under Di Carlo
as well, its not as if Cuper arrived with Parma in 10th place and
made the situation worse.

I really think Cuper should be sacked, and Di Carlo reinstated for
the last couple of games, its his squad, so he wont need time to
adjust etc....

I gurantee that if we go down, we'll go down playing good football
with our heads held high, and go down fighting, instead of this
pathetic mess I've had the misfortune to watch. :(

·
Premium Member
9,043 Posts
I'm not even saying this in hindsight, I thought so back in the
summer. Take Lucarelli as an example, a lot of people thought
good player, wrong time. (Correct observation)

BUT he still went ahead with it. :rollani: Even more amazing is the fact
that Budan was practically back when they signed him, and we had
the worst defence in the league.
What's worse than getting a striker instead of a defender, is that he didn't even get a small, quick striker, he a gets Lucarelli, a player who is extremely similar to Budan. How on earth he ever thought those two could play well together is crazy!

·
Registered
276 Posts
I agree, Cuper is the manager, so he's to blame for this mess.

But you have to keep in mind, we were struggling under Di Carlo
as well, its not as if Cuper arrived with Parma in 10th place and
made the situation worse.

I really think Cuper should be sacked, and Di Carlo reinstated for
the last couple of games, its his squad, so he wont need time to
adjust etc....

I gurantee that if we go down, we'll go down playing good football
with our heads held high, and go down fighting, instead of this
pathetic mess I've had the misfortune to watch. :(
I notice there's a press conference tomorrow at 09.30 which is a bit unusual for a Monday morning. Should we see anything into this??

1 - 20 of 65 Posts