Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some forums have their own off topic threads, honestly I've opened this to discuss the greatest sport in the world.

Of course, I'm referring to darts.

World Championships atm and we've had some cracking matches. Anderson vs Chisnall just before was such a high standard, so many 180s.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
:howler: :howler:

Been glued to the telly today, unbelievable arrows being thrown today. Just a shame Daryl Gurney can't hit a double so he could have given MVG a better game.

Anderson v Chissy was ridiculous.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Chizzy!

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Barney beats Taylor 5-3 :D

Both struggled abut, showing their age and looking tired at times, but Barney gets the job done and faces Van Gerwen in the semi final.

Anderson vs Wright the other semi.

·
Registered
69,251 Posts
any darts player under 300 pounds? Other than that Aussie with the spiked hair...yes they do show darts in the US, on some fringe sports network and I watch it just for the fans and that guy in the suit screaming 180

·
Registered
521 Posts
Hah yeah they are not all fat, the 2 players from Derby, Jamie Caven and Colin Osbourne are pretty thin.

I guess as they only really need one arm to be in peak physical condition, the rest of them isn't so important, though it has been proved several times you do need to be quite fit to last the long matches in the world championship under the lights, which are said to make the stage feel really hot.

The transformation of the old darts crowd, where you were told off for making a sound when a player was throwing, to the new raucous one has done so much good for the game. I've never been, im not a huge darts fan but my dad loves it, but going to the world darts champs is on my to do list purely for the crowd experience.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
I would love to go the world championships at ally pally.

Oh and I would say about 80% of darts players have fat bellies :D

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Wright needs to pick his game up or Anderson will thrash him.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Wright not hitting the doubles when he has the chance.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
3-3 in sets wright somehow clawed it back

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Anderson back in control, no losing this now.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts