Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 865 Posts

·
Registered
19,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed that we don't have one... while we should :stuckup:

Feel free to rename this to something more original :undecide:

So what are your thoughts on the final tonight, Milanisti? Due to recent circumstances and the arrogance of the United fans they have somehow pushed me to hope Chelski beats them tonight :eek:

Anyway I mostly hope to see an entertaining game :thumbsup:

·
Registered
15,582 Posts
I'm rooting for Chelsea tonight and for the exactly same reason as you :) Looking at the line ups, it seems like Ferguson is taking a defensive approach and that will suit Chelsea just fine.

And by the way when did Essien start to play as a right back :confused: I thought he was a CM or a DM?

We did have a great off-topic thread that unfortunately faded away. I got a tip for a mocca maker in that thread, thanks a bunch for that one!

·
Registered
15,582 Posts
Well I don't know what his options are on the RB. I just hope that Sheva doesn't score tonight :pp

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
I was thinking how to bet in this one, finally I chose to put an X for first half only, and than I dont care who wins it :tongue:

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
I hope ManU wins it, otherwise I lose a bet to Chelski fan. (naturally I bet Milan to win CL). Of course I don't like Chelsea anyway...

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
I can't stand Chelsea. I don't mind teams who come into new money and spend some of it (hell, Berlu did it 20 years ago) but Ambromovich basically felt/feels he can outbid everybody in hte world to get any player they like. Rich is one thing. Rich and arrogant is another.

Plus, I have always liked Ronaldo (since his Sporting days) and Tevez since Boca. They play nice football as a team, too.

·
Registered
15,582 Posts
A pretty nice game so far, Man Utd is more offensive than I thought they would be. Chelsea were very fortunate to level, but hey I have a bet on Chelsea to win :)

Grant should consider subbing Malouda and putting in Anelka to get some more people up there.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Penalty shootout was sick....

That's football for sure, nothing more to add.

·
The summer poster
397 Posts
I called for United since the start :pp

In recent years, I've realized that the team that seems to have the upper hand in the final always loses. Glad to see that my trend wasn't bucked.

My best friend is a Chelsea fan so I was rooting for them, but personally, I find United to be a more worthy champion, considering the marvelous season they've had. On average, a team can win at most of 1 CL/10 years, after getting into numerous finals. It's difficult to win, that's why it's the most prestigious club competition in the world. I guess law of averages didn't favor Chelsea. Their time will come.....one day.

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
The pitch was hilarious, absolutely unworthy of a CL final. I hope UEFA will finally choose the venues of the big matches a bit more wisely.

How can you let an English man shoot the final and decisive penalty (talking about the 5th one)... only the Dutchmen are worse in penalties.

Perdenti scudetto immeritato, Manure CL winner (equally 'deserved'), Milan missing the CL, Bayern German champ... seriously, if France or Holland will win the Euro, the desastrious season will be completed.

·
The summer poster
397 Posts
RE: Englishman shooting penalty

I know, right? That's what I was thinking when Terry was walking up. Should have let Ballack take that decisive one instead. But ouch. That was a brutal brutal way to lose.

And RE: France or Holland winning

I think you just jinxed yourself.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Is this Off Topic?

You've got lots to learn.

:pp

·
Registered
24,062 Posts
I'll go with the old Englidh saying: Fcuk Chelsea :D