Xtratime Community banner

5961 - 5980 of 5991 Posts

·
Registered
45,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,961 (Edited)
I'm a bit late to the party, but yeah, Norway's infatuation for English football in general and Man U in particular was (is?) weird. They treated Man U like it was their their national team or something. It was pretty bizarre seeing Manchester Uniteds exploits being front page news in the evening tabloids.
I recall reading that, when Man Utd played a friendly against our NT, there were many locals cheering for Man Utd.

·
Registered
60,422 Posts
Tbf it's only a friendly. If Inter ever play against the Egyptian NT (can never happen except in a friendly), I would support Inter.

·
Registered
32,921 Posts
I saw a bit fron Midtjylland, btw, they look pretty good, actually. Much better than FC Copenhagen.

·
Registered
32,921 Posts
You often put nord-, syd-, øst, vest- or midt- in front when talking about regions in Denmark.

FCM is a fusion that was made about 20 years ago between two industrial town clubs in central Jylland (Jutland). Midt = mid/middle.

·
Registered
15,803 Posts
Whilst we're on the subject of Danish sports, Mori; I am really impressed by the current crop of Danish road cyclists. Mads Pedersen (World Champion last year), Søren Kragh Andersen (double stage winner in this year's Tour de France), Kasper Asgreen, Magnus Cort Nielsen, and of course Fuglsang. Cecilie Uttrup Ludwig in the women's peloton is also an exciting talent (charismatic and cute too)

·
Registered
32,921 Posts
Whilst we're on the subject of Danish sports, Mori; I am really impressed by the current crop of Danish road cyclists. Mads Pedersen (World Champion last year), Søren Kragh Andersen (double stage winner in this year's Tour de France), Kasper Asgreen, Magnus Cort Nielsen, and of course Fuglsang. Cecilie Uttrup Ludwig in the women's peloton is also an exciting talent (charismatic and cute too)

One of the cuter girls from my elementary school became a road cyclist and very masculine. Probably 'roids.

I haven't followed cycling for a while, but recently a few friends of mine have bought road racing cycles, thinking of doing so myself, so I might get back in the game. Seems like fun.

·
Registered
14,473 Posts
Like Angel Heredia said......top level athletes are all on the juice.

·
Registered
15,803 Posts
One of the cuter girls from my elementary school became a road cyclist and very masculine. Probably 'roids.

I haven't followed cycling for a while, but recently a few friends of mine have bought road racing cycles, thinking of doing so myself, so I might get back in the game. Seems like fun.
Now is as good a time as any to follow pro cycling. Very condensed calendar due to the pandemic; Giro started today, lots of the one-day classics coming up, then the Vuelta.

I used to ride a lot but not nowadays. Even sold my racing bike (to an ex-pro footballer who played for Fulham!)

Like Angel Heredia said......top level athletes are all on the juice.
Of course.

·
Registered
23,965 Posts
I don't follow Man United. So I have no idea if he is shit on a regular basis, if he's not, dismissing a relatively young central defender based on one game seems a bit rash.
Nilsson-Lindelöf is benched today, Man U has conceded five goals in 50 minutes at home against Tottenham so far. I guess Man U's defensive issues are more complicated than Nilsson-Lindelöf not being up to scratch.

·
Registered
60,422 Posts
Lol you Swedish fanboy!

**** me, 5 at home!

I was planning on watching a replay tomorrow without knowing the result, thanks for unintentionally ruining it for me Nacka lol. Will still watch it though.

Happy for Jose, would like to see him win a trophy with Tottenham this season. He certainly has a decent squad.

I am watching Milan-Spezia instead. Spezia almost scored a couple had not for Donnarumma but Milan also threatened albeit lacked in finishing, playing an extremely young team out there, Milan. No Zlatan, Rebic, Kessie, Romagnoli... guess we will see them all in the derby

·
Registered
23,965 Posts
Lol you Swedish fanboy!

**** me, 5 at home!

I was planning on watching a replay tomorrow without knowing the result, thanks for unintentionally ruining it for me Nacka lol. Will still watch it though.

Happy for Jose, would like to see him win a trophy with Tottenham this season. He certainly has a decent squad.

I am watching Milan-Spezia instead. Spezia almost scored a couple had not for Donnarumma but Milan also threatened albeit lacked in finishing, playing an extremely young team out there, Milan. No Zlatan, Rebic, Kessie, Romagnoli... guess we will see them all in the derby
Oops, sorry about that.

·
Registered
60,422 Posts
Mourinho must feel vindicated. Goes to Old Trafford and puts 6 past the manager who replaced him. Man even now that I know the result I still must watch that.

·
Registered
16,431 Posts
There is clearly something badly wrong with players' mentalities in empty COVID stadiums.

No way in hell would Liverpool ever concede 7 at Aston Villa under normal circumstances. They conceded 33 in the whole of last season.

United are bad defensively but what we saw yesterday was just comedy.

I honestly believe players are relaxing and failing to focus without the match day pressure of a crowd and knowing that between 40 and 80 thousand people have paid money to watch you.

Bit like the difference as a musician between rehearsing with band mates / a musical instructor versus playing in front of hundreds/thousands of people. Totally different levels of pressure.

·
Registered
60,422 Posts
Didn't see to harm Milan though... they haven't lost in ages.

·
Registered
16,431 Posts
It is producing bizarre results in the EPL though.

City, United and Liverpool conceding 5, 6 and 7 goals respectively.

Although 2 of Villas goals were freak deflections and another was a goalkeeping clanger.

·
Registered
45,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,980
There is clearly something badly wrong with players' mentalities in empty COVID stadiums.

No way in hell would Liverpool ever concede 7 at Aston Villa under normal circumstances. They conceded 33 in the whole of last season.

United are bad defensively but what we saw yesterday was just comedy.

I honestly believe players are relaxing and failing to focus without the match day pressure of a crowd and knowing that between 40 and 80 thousand people have paid money to watch you.

Bit like the difference as a musician between rehearsing with band mates / a musical instructor versus playing in front of hundreds/thousands of people. Totally different levels of pressure.
You could be onto something. I'm convinced that the empty COVID stadiums made us way more lax than our opponents when we first started with them last season. I had the impression we were knocking it about like a training game. We did get it together after a while though, which was nice.

5961 - 5980 of 5991 Posts