Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
43,022 Posts
Since there's a chance Inter and Arsenal could meet in semi-final action, I thought I'd introduce myself.

My name is Jeff and I live south of Melbourne in a small suburb called *********. I've only been interested in football for four years or so, but it has consumed by life and has a frightening power to shape my mood. atm I feel happy as Arsenal is on a good run of form, a season that was looking doomed not long ago has new life and an exciting climax awaits me and my fellow Gooners.

The two matches in the CL my team played vs. Internazionale were incredible, rarely have a set of matches given me such emotions, despair and joy. Hopefully you advance, as I believe you will, and we meet again, hopefully for another set of matches that give me such emotion.

One of the interesting things about these clashes is I've met and got to know supporters in the other camp. I can't wait to do the same with you Interisti. Hopefully our teams get the required results.

Oh, and I hope this doesn't jinx your team ;)

·
Registered
43,022 Posts
Thanks for the responses guys.

Al, this weekend Arsenal meet Man Utd at Old Trafford. Strange situation because some Gooners would be a bit disappointed, should we triumph. That is because we'd be gift-wrapping the title to Chelsea.

Myself, I would take a draw, a defeat may slow the momentum we've built in recent weeks.

And speaking of movies, I seen a great film from South Korea called A Tale of Two Sisters. It has an interesting story (very complex, it usually takes a few viewings to figure it out, unless you're a genius), great cinematography, acting and I downloaded the soundtrack, which is very haunting, yet still beautiful to listen to.

It's quite creepy, although it doesn't set itself up to deliver cheap scares, only a few scary moments really. But it slowly builds an uneasy atmosphere, which is why I prefer Asian horrors (although I'd call this a psychological thriller) over American counterparts atm.

·
Registered
43,022 Posts
masale said:
So ILA you are also Ghost in the shell fan?

Into Anime?
Yes, very much. Although some of my msn contacts tease me about hentai :pp

My favourite series are Serial Experiments Lain, Haibane Renmei, Texhnolyze, Neon Genesis Evangelion, FLCL, Kare Kano, Berserk, Fruits Basket, Honey & Clover, Crest of the Stars, Great Teacher Onizuka, Paranoia Agent...

For films, I like Castle of Cagliostro, Grave of the Fireflies, Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade, Perfect Blue, Metropolis, Ghost in the Shell, Akira, Ninja Scroll, Voices of a Distant Star...and probably more.

·
Registered
43,022 Posts
Adriano10, I don't know why you loathe Wenger so much. At least he has a positive philosophy of attacking football, something we need managers to have to ensure football is still called "the beautiful game". I know you love Mourinho, but if we had managers who shared his philosophy, football wouldn't be such a great game to watch.

IMO ;)

·
Registered
43,022 Posts
Al Capone said:
Do you know what? i can't believe the attitude of people here? You think I'm a newcomer or some shit? I was there for 5 May I was there for the CL SF derby defeat, I was there for it all

Just **** it and move on

Stop acting so damn sad and suicidal everyone

Let's move on and ruuummmblllllllllleeeeeeee
:thumbsup:

An excellent attitude to have, don't dwell on past failures, look to a positive future with chances of glory.

·
Registered
43,022 Posts
Hello to you, how are you? It's pretty cool but I've been learning how to write and make utterance of various greetings in Japanese.

おはよお is how "good morning" is written, I believe.

I'm unsure, actually. Romanized this would come to be "ohayoo". The character second from last would be "yo", "o" concluding; I'm weary that a different character should be used, as it's an extension.

·
Registered
43,022 Posts
Dude every single race/nationality in the world can be classified as such. Every single race/nationality also have their bad apples, even the Swedish, I'm sorry to say.
Absolutely, beauty can be found everywhere in this world, and vice versa. Still, I find these certain physiological traits especially alluring. :D

The mixed race look is very interesting. I first became interested as such after reading a novel in my teenage years - a child of French and Korean parentage was given mention to.

Not long ago I found a model, the parents from Japan and Israel.

·
Registered
43,022 Posts
No, but I would like to. I'm not sure what I would like to do, I just know that I would like to go. My interest in this country goes this way and that.

I won't paint some rosy picture of it, though. I'm well aware of some pressing concerns with regard to Japanese society.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts