Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been a month now since Diablo II was announced for sale (well may be more).
I'd like to ask if anyone here except me plays it? And if possible to exchange some experience (well I don't need, but anyway).

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:(
And what is your computer like?
Anyway, I also have technical problems, my video card is not good enough, and 64 Mb RAM seem not enough :( , but I do some sacrifice for the game.

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
I have a P166. 24 Ram. Cheap video card (can't remember). 33.6 modem. Anything else you want to know?

Oh yah, I am getting a high speed connection next month, and I am forcing my parents to buy me a new computer, if that happens I will be playing a lot more games.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I wish you to receive a new computer :)
I don't know about your parents, but I was "forcing" mine for about 10 months before they completed my wish. I hope yours are more fragile than mine ;) .

·
International
9,682 Posts
I'm back!!!

:D

Giani, is your Diablo II pirated or original. I bet is pirated.:D:D:D For 120.000 (about 6$) lei in Romania you can buy Diablo, of course pirated by our neighbours.

I didn't played yet, but I will.

I currently experience problems on my PC with Windows 98, it crashes very very often. Btw, I have a K6-II 450 Mhz, 64 Ram, HDD WDC 3,2 GB, Creative Voodoo Banshee, CD-ROM 32x Liteon and CD-RW 2x2x24 Creative.

I'm currently playing FIFA 2000. Unreal Tournament and CM 2000. I can't wait to play Max Payne when it will appear.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome back then :) !
Well, :eek: considering the fact that all my other games are pirate versions (speaking of Baldur's gate (for 13 $ :) ) for example), it is a shame that this one is really ORIGINAL :p . I did it on purpose because a friend of mine is really persuasive on the fact that Battle.net will offer real pleasure. And besides, I had these 35 $ (Preferencial for my country), so I did go on and bought it :) from the official stores. My pain is that my connection to Internet is still pathetic :( .
And, David, I don't know why, but I also experience system crashes once I try to open too many I-net Explorer windows. And my computer is recently getting old with every minute: PII- 366, 64 MB RAM, HDD 10,2 GB (almost full with mp3s and games), S3 Savage4 (it looks like a video card from outside). And unless I get more RAM, Diablo II will sometimes be a real pain. And I'm glad at last there is another person I know (rather than me) who plays Unreal. The others are in love with Quake :( .
And, EclipsE, I hope your parents provide you the leading capital. Everytime I put money in co-deals with my parents I get the feeling they tricked me (considering the fact that with my expenses I can't save any money at all).

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Welcome back David, I hope you had a nice holiday. You must update me with you Prosport inside edition news :)

And giani, my parents are the ones who feel ripped off all the time when they "co-deal" with me hehe :D

·
International
8,545 Posts
Since we're already off topic here, do any of you guys have Napster?

I heard on the news today that at midnight it gets shut down, they lost their case against Metallica. That sucks hard. I got banned from there a little while ago because I had a metallica song. I got a bunch of songs from my friend, and don't even listen to them, but they were on there.

They gave me the option of "allowing" Metallica to sue me, and they'd re-instate me. Needless to say I didn't "allow" them to sue me, but I was trying to find ways to get back on but couldn't do it.

Oh well, I guess it's a lost cause now, but it really was a great program. You know it's great when You can find a song like "Dinamo ja volim" A Zagreb song. If you can find that, you can find anything. Too bad it's done now.:(

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Napster is great. Like you said there is songs on there from even our home countries. I found some Romanian hip hop too :)

It's not over yet, the decision hasn't been reached whether or not Napster will be banned.

·
International
8,545 Posts
Speaking of Romanian hip hop, it reminded me of Croatian dance music from the early 90's. So much of it was a complete rip off of the American music. Same exact song they just changed the words to Croatian. It was so funny to listen to:D:D:D I'm pretty sure that's illegal, and I'm sure they didn't ask the artist for permission to do this. I remember one tune called "no limit" I couldn't stop laughing when I heard the Croatian version. Of course the music has improved since then(you really can't get any worse than that:D) but it was soooo funny to listen to it.

Even funnier was how many people didn't know it was a rip off of an American song, and they just loved it.:D:D:D

Ah, those were the days:D:D

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, I don't use Napster to get songs on my computer since a very helpful Bulgarian site already gave me enough mp3 addresses. Anyway can you help me: do you know where I can download "sunstorm"?

·
International
9,682 Posts
Baldur's Gate is a great game.

I usually buy pirated CD's with more games on it; I mean cracked games that are working without a CD. For example, for $ 5 i get Fifa 2000, CM 2000, Revolt + other games on one CD.

The guys that are selling the CD's are making the CD's themselves or they buy them for Varna, is only 2hrs away if you go by car.

I was really pissed of by my PC and I formatted it yesterday. I lost all my MP3's. However, i saved my we sites.:D

And Black & White, I can't wait to play that game.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well these CDs with more than one game I use to get from some of my friends since they buy them more often, and I usually preffer to buy one game CD (i.e. last I bought Vampire the Masquerade Redemption, great game though sometimes I hate the controls). And do you know anything about the release date of Black&White?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts