Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 272 Posts

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys,

I'm sorry if this is so off-topic but i really want to share it with u guys, besides i couldn't solve it so i need ur help, i heard it in arabic so my translation may not be so good,YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

- three kids bought a ball for 30 $ ,each one of them paid 10$. the seller found out that the ball actually worth 25 so each one of the kids took one dollar and they decided to give the seller the other two. the question is if each one of the kids took one dollar back that means each kid paid 9 $ a total of 27 $ plus the 2$ the gave to the seller thats 29$ where is the remaining dollar???

please don't close this thread lets just have fun :D

and if u guys want lets keep this thread to share puzzles and jokes

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
The 3 kids got conned
i suggest calling a lawyer

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
2T said:
hey guys,

I'm sorry if this is so off-topic but i really want to share it with u guys, besides i couldn't solve it so i need ur help, i heard it in arabic so my translation may not be so good,YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

- three kids bought a ball for 30 $ ,each one of them paid 10$. the seller found out that the ball actually worth 25 so each one of the kids took one dollar and they decided to give the seller the other two. the question is if each one of the kids took one dollar back that means each kid paid 9 $ a total of 27 $ plus the 2$ the gave to the seller thats 29$ where is the remaining dollar???

please don't close this thread lets just have fun :D

and if u guys want lets keep this thread to share puzzles and jokes

each one of the kids took one dollar and they decided to give the seller the other two.

did they give the seller the other 2 balls, or 2 dollars?
if they paid 10 10 10 ($30)
took 1 back each so its
9 9 9 ($27)
but gave 2 DOLLARS (not balls) back
8 8 9 ($25)

Problem solved

·
Registered
45,468 Posts
SPOILER.

2T said:
hey guys,

the question is if each one of the kids took one dollar back that means each kid paid 9 $ a total of 27 $ plus the 2$ the gave to the seller thats 29$ where is the remaining dollar???
The statement is wrong in one aspect. The part that is right is that each kid paid $9 which comes to $27.

After this, adding $2 that the kids gave to the seller to get $29 is wrong as the same $2 is already included in the $27 that is with the seller.

As for the remaining $3, this was returned to the kids. $27 + $3 = $30.

Problem REALLY solved! :D

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
the ball was for $25
each guy ended up giving $9
so they combined gave $27
and the remainging $27-$25 = $ 2 is with the shopkeeper

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Firdaus said:
SPOILER.

The statement is wrong in one aspect. The part that is right is that each kid paid $9 which comes to $27.

After this, adding $2 that the kids gave to the seller to get $29 is wrong as the same $2 is already included in the $27 that is with the seller.

As for the remaining $3, this was returned to the kids. $27 + $3 = $30.

Problem REALLY solved! :D
It really doesnt take a genius to figure that out. :tongue:

The statement in the puzzle was made in a way to confuse the readers.

You just gotta use logic before math. That's the way you should treat real life in.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Razman said:
No not after Firdaus told us the right answer :D

·
Registered
45,468 Posts
Razman said:
Thanks for the compliment but I thought I'd figure it out anyway! :tongue:

And thank you, Yvonne!

Anymore puzzles? I'm sure you guys have a few good ones...

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Didn't mean to offend you Firdaus. Its just that I'm jealous you got here before me :D

I've got a good one I want to share but not now as my friend is waiting outside for me

·
Registered
45,468 Posts
Razman said:
Didn't mean to offend you Firdaus. Its just that I'm jealous you got here before me :D

I've got a good one I want to share but not now as my friend is waiting outside for me
Cool! I bet it's a good one. We'll wait for it.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
#2:

a man have been lost in the dessert found two brothers living near a crossroads one of them always tell the truth and the other always lie how can he find the right way which lead him to the city ?

note: he doesn't know which one of them is the liar?

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Coming to think about it I left the magazine that contains the puzzle at the office and I wont be returning there til Sunday.. so til then :tongue:

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
2T do you mean the liar lies about everything or only about directions?

The puzzle would only make sense if their integrities were based on directions only.

If that's the case, then it is really simple. Just ask the guys which way you just came from, the one who tells the truth is the honest guy.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Razman said:
2T do you mean the liar lies about everything or only about directions?

The puzzle would only make sense if their integrities were based on directions only.

If that's the case, then it is really simple. Just ask the guys which way you just came from, the one who tells the truth is the honest guy.
Lol i heard that before it doesn't work as the purpose of lying is deceiving if he lied about simple facts the liar will be exposed
:nono:

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
2T said:
Lol i heard that before it doesn't work as the purpose of lying is deceiving if he lied about simple facts the liar will be exposed
:nono:
Hmmm.. well do you know the answer?

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
dont think theres an answer..

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well lets give Firdaus a chance to solve it if he couldn't', i will post the answer

1 - 20 of 272 Posts