Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 189 Posts

·
Nº Socio; 504515
6,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Martin Odegaard trained with Real Madrid this Thursday.
The Norwegian, just 16 years old, was involved in a session that saw Carlo Ancelotti rest the players that started against Atlético, as he worked with those that were on the subs bench and various players from the youth ranks.
This is the second time that Odergaard has trained at Valdebebas, after training with the Castilla squad under Zinedine Zidane. His attendance to the training sessions seems to confirm the information coming from Norway that Real Madrid are favourites among the many candidates for his signature.
The teams hoping to sign him include Bayern Munich, who have offered Odegaard a contract of €1.5 million per season. Despite this being a figure that Real are not willing to even contemplate for such a young player, it appears that the youngster is still interested in joining the team's footballing project.
Cristiano Ronaldo and Pepe also trained alongside the Norwegian. The forward only played 30 minutes against Atlético, while the defender was rested.

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
That's great news…
but we are loaded with AMs…
we need some bite and steel for crying out loud!

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
He hasn't signed. Trained with Zidane's Castilla yesterday. Trained with Carlo's first team squad today. Club wants a closer look.

I think it's hilarious that he hasn't made his choice yet. If he had a contract on the table from Madrid, he'd sign it. The club wants to see him training at several different levels before pulling the trigger on signing him. He has made visits to many clubs, but only at Madrid has he had multiple training sessions.

Provided all goes well, he will sign by the end of this month.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
He will end up back in norway in 4 years time.

·
Nº Socio; 504515
6,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He hasn't signed. Trained with Zidane's Castilla yesterday. Trained with Carlo's first team squad today. Club wants a closer look.

I think it's hilarious that he hasn't made his choice yet. If he had a contract on the table from Madrid, he'd sign it. The club wants to see him training at several different levels before pulling the trigger on signing him. He has made visits to many clubs, but only at Madrid has he had multiple training sessions.

Provided all goes well, he will sign by the end of this month.

He had training at Anfield too

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
He had training at Anfield too
And Bayern, Barcelona, Ajax, etc...

That's why I used the word "multiple." Only at Madrid has he had multiple training sessions with different levels of squads.

·
Madridista
338 Posts
And Bayern, Barcelona, Ajax, etc...

That's why I used the word "multiple." Only at Madrid has he had multiple training sessions with different levels of squads.
The kid knows that Barca, Bayern, Liverpool, Ajax are big clubs but Madrid is Madrid after all.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Theres a clip on Twitter if him sighing a Madrid shirt

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
He will play first team football staring next year.if madrid does not allow that he will leave.mark my words this guy is mature already
Is he that good already? Have you seen him play and if yes what is your opinion of him? Genuine questions as I have only seen clips on YouTube which can be deceiving, obviously he's talented if so many people are after him, but first team at Madrid from next year good right now? Just wondering, I have no opinion as I have never really seen him play.

·
R0naldo
23,405 Posts
Is he that good already? Have you seen him play and if yes what is your opinion of him? Genuine questions as I have only seen clips on YouTube which can be deceiving, obviously he's talented if so many people are after him, but first team at Madrid from next year good right now? Just wondering, I have no opinion as I have never really seen him play.
The kid haa 3 caps with tje Norwegian NT.and if someone underestimate the Norwegian NT it is only cos they are ignorant. See him play?there is tons of youtube material of him.and other material.
who would go play in third division reserves after being capped in the Nt?
the fact that he was already trialed by the biggest teams says it all.the thing is he wanta first team football.that is why he is being careful with his decision.

He doea have a lot of options. I have been following the hype and followed his trials and all.every single team he played wants to sign him.

Hopefully we can get him and at least make sure he plays first team football on loan somewhere. That is the only option i think he might accept...

·
1st Tier Poster
49,682 Posts
He is good but Real Madrid's first team competition is so insanely high that it will be tough for him to find necessary minutes for development...I hope you loan him out for a year or two.

·
Nº Socio; 504515
6,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The 16-year old Norwegian trained last week with Los Blancos and was invited by the team to witness their Copa del Rey match vs Atletico Madrid
During the pre-Ballon D'Or press conference, Cristiano Ronaldo responded a question about the 16-year old Norwegian Martin Odegaard, who has been rumored to be joining Real Madrid shortly. The Portuguese striker recognized top-quality football in the player's boots, but he urged everyone to let the young man decide his future calmly.

"Good player. He is a young boy who can still grow. He is 16 years old, right? He has a good future. We must give him time to learn and to take the best decisions, but I see a lot of potential in the player. He has a good left foot," the Ballon D'Or winner stated.

Odegaard trained last week with Real Madrid after attending a training session with Arsenal in December. Other clubs such as Manchester United and Manchester City have shown interest in signing the Norwegian teenager, but no other club has been so straight forward on the matter as Los Blancos. To add some fuel to Odegaard's commitment to Real Madrid, coach Carlo Ancelotti shared his thoughts about the player.

“Yes, he trained with us. He’s a very skilled and promising young player…but we haven’t made a decision as yet,” Ancelotti told the press.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
The kid haa 3 caps with tje Norwegian NT.and if someone underestimate the Norwegian NT it is only cos they are ignorant. See him play?there is tons of youtube material of him.and other material.
who would go play in third division reserves after being capped in the Nt?
the fact that he was already trialed by the biggest teams says it all.the thing is he wanta first team football.that is why he is being careful with his decision.

He doea have a lot of options. I have been following the hype and followed his trials and all.every single team he played wants to sign him.

Hopefully we can get him and at least make sure he plays first team football on loan somewhere. That is the only option i think he might accept...
Thanks for the response, as I said I've never really seen him play, so I have no opinion of him! Just that he must be talented if so many big clubs are after him

·
R0naldo
23,405 Posts
Thanks for the response, as I said I've never really seen him play, so I have no opinion of him! Just that he must be talented if so many big clubs are after him
Ill gl as far as saying that he is the next big thing. It is of huge importance to see how hus phisique will develop in the next 3-4 years

·
Registered
17,343 Posts
Guardian UK:

Martin Ødegaard has decided which club to join ...

And he is indeed joining Real Madrid. Local paper Drammens Tidende says that negotiations have started between the Spanish club and Strømsgodset and that Ødegaard has played his last game for the Norwegian club.

He will start training with the first team straight away.

Lots of detail in that Drammens Tidende report. Martin and his father, Hans Erik Ødegaard, will move to Madrid straight away and they have a villa there waiting for them. Hans Erik has been offered a job at Real and the 16-year-old is set to play games for the B team until the summer - unless he shows that he is so good that he can be involved in the first team squad on match days.

·
Registered
13,849 Posts
Odegaard will be the world's greatest.

1 - 20 of 189 Posts