Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which right back would you choose to play for Italia in Euro 2004?

Personally, i would take Oddo, not because he plays for Lazio but because he offers a more attacking option, he can contribute far more than Panucci in supporting the attack. But then again, he is not good defensively, he lacks the defensive skills of Panucci.

But nonetheless, he is my choice for the right back spot because he is no doubt one of the best crossers we have in the team, and with players like Vieri or Corradi, a player like Oddo would definitely add more options on the wide right.

What do you think?

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
I dont like either, but Isuppose Oddonow,I change my mind alot with these 2. Bertotto can play here, Moro, Birindelli or even Zambrotta too.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
we had this conversation a few times before, but still ....

i choose ODDO, because i still remember the game against wales, he came on for pancake-nucci , and 2 minutes later he gave a PERFECT cross for inzaghi's second :cool:

pretty cool huh :)

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Deano said:
I dont like either, but Isuppose Oddonow,I change my mind alot with these 2. Bertotto can play here, Moro, Birindelli or even Zambrotta too.
I see Zambrotta as a player playing on the left of defense, and he is not very stable, after all, he used to be a midfielder. Bertotto and Moro are very talented but they are not NT quality, their performances are not consistent.

Birindelli, he is very experienced but I have not seen him play recently, so I can't judge him

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Moro and Bertotto have been far more consistent this season than Oddo and Panucci. Bertotto has played very good and when he was in the Nt a few years ago, he made no mistakes at all. So he can definitely be called up.

Oddo has been useless in the last few games I watch of him, Panucci has been useless in the last few years.

Zambrotta has been very stable at left back, again I see no mistakes he has made for either Juve or Italy, he was made to be a full back and not a winger. He can probably be switched to right allowing Pancaro to be on the left. Even though I never really ratd Pancaro, he has been good for Milan this year.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
anyone noticed oddo's weird haircut :) i kinde like it,
seems like painted in blonde, and then pressed together all to the centre of his head :)
just like those feathers on the roman helmets in the carthago war, 500 before christ :D

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
numerodix said:
Oddo.

Fantastic avatar, Inzaghino!
Thanks by the way!

Deano: Personally I watch the Serie A highlights every week and to say the truth, Bertotto and Moro are not that outstanding as you make them out to be.

I mean Trap knows best, if Bertotto and Moro were that outstanding, he would have called them up instead of Oddo and Panucci to the team.

And to say Oddo has been completely in the last few games is too critical, did you see Udinese - Lazio, Lazio - Juve and Perugia - Lazio, in each of these matches, his cross has led to a goal. Thats how dangerous his crosses can be, and it would be a real asset for Italy

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
i echo amo

ANYONE BUT PANUCCI!

give me an ape with cleats over panucci!

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Inzaghino said:

I mean Trap knows best
Now Trap knows best, so he knows that Perrotta and Zanetti are the best 2 midfielders in Italy among other things :D

Bertotto has been very good this year when I have seen him, he is much more reliable than Panucci for sure IMO and more reliable than Oddo in defence.

Moro has been apart of a very good Chievo defence this season.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
definately oddo. he has more to offer from that position in terms of attacking. we must remember the formation traps may use. oddo better suits it tha panucci.

the thing is though oddo isnt playing very well right now. and panucci has more experience i suppose.

i suppose panucci can play both sides also, so he gives us cover.

me personally, right now, i would play pancaro right back and zambrotta left back. pancaro gives us that option of playing on both sides.

in the end, panucci isnt good enough anymore. oddo is decent but not great. i think Pancaro is showing more than them right now. but then again, when you have nesta, maldini alongside you and you play at milan, you are going to be in form.;)

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 question: If Bertotto and Moro have been so good, why are the " out of form " Oddo and " not good enough " Panucci called up instead of Bertotto and Moro?

If Oddo is to play well, he has to play week in week out, if not it will be extremely difficult to discover his rhythm and produce consistent performances.

On his day, he will be the full back who you would love to have on your team especially with his crosses.

Pancaro is undergoing a good run of form, but whether or not he can transform that form into international level, remains to be seen.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
why is zanetti called up? why has camoranesi been in the team and yet fiore only got recalled recently? many questions could be asked, only one person knows. traps.

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
LEAVE CAMORANESI ALONE>>>..he has been playing well for juve recently...im sick of how 4 months of bad play can effect somones reputation..Fiore on his day isnt as good as Camo on his day..Casmo is a better dribbiler fiore a better passer...

Maresca is a must...but i reckon Pirlo,Gattuso,Fiore/Camo is a must

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
pirri said:
LEAVE CAMORANESI ALONE>>>..he has been playing well for juve recently...im sick of how 4 months of bad play can effect somones reputation..Fiore on his day isnt as good as Camo on his day..Casmo is a better dribbiler fiore a better passer...

Maresca is a must...but i reckon Pirlo,Gattuso,Fiore/Camo is a must
Fiore and Camoranesi plays in different roles in midfield, Fiore a playmaker while Camoranesi is a winger, how can you compare the both of them? Fiore will have a bigger impact in the game because as you said, he is a better passer, he will start the movements.

Camoranesi; being more of a dribbler won't be able to dictate the game like Fiore can do. And I disagree with you, Camoranesi isn't better than Fiore on his day, I mean look at it, Fiore gets the assists and goals for Lazio, and judging by what you say is true that Camoranesi is playing very well for Juve, how come in the Coppa Italia match, Camoranesi disappeared, he did not have any impact on the game whatsoever while Fiore was stringing the passes and piling up the pressure on Juve?

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
None perhaps?

Pancaro has had a terrifc season this year, he could do good things on the right for the Azzurri but we don't know yet.

Oddo has shown some great things in the past, he can deliver some great crosses on his days, but there are times where he doesn't have his days. Needs to work on his consistency.

Panucci should not even be mentioned.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Pirri with all due respect, when a player is on bad form it is hard to want him in a national team, I have been saying lately that the team should be based on how they are at the moment and their form, and if Camo plays like he is now for Italy, then we are in trouble.

I agree Camo at his best is quality, but he shows no signs of being anywhere near his best in the the short future, and if thats the case, we dont want a liability in the team.

I havent seen much of Juve in the last 3 games so I cant argue whetehr Camo has been good in them or not.

If we have the Camo of the early part of the season, Italy can be in for a treat.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think it would be very difficult to find space for Camoranesi even if he plays well, currently as to what I know we play a 4-2-3-1 formation, am I right? The 3 midfielders are Del Piero, Totti and Fiore, I am not sure whether Camoranesi is good enough to be in the first team based on his performances.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
camoranesi hasnt been at his best since the first half of LAST season. yes, he did great things back then, however, playing a handful of good games and then dissapearing for a season isnt good enough in my opinion.

i think as back up, he gives us options, but not as a starter. Fiore is the better player. and he should start ahead of camo right now.

i still believe that gattuso/pirlo/maresca should make up the midfield but with traps' formation, fiore should be the man on the right.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts