Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the Cro papers saying? This article makes it seem there's still a chance. However, I still wouldn't want him to risk anything. We still got Euro qualifiers staring in September.

Igor Tudor May Miss World Cup

.c The Associated Press

ZAGREB, Croatia (AP) - Igor Tudor may undergo surgery on his ankle and miss the World Cup - a serious blow to the young nation that reached the semifinals in its debut at the Cup four years ago, coach Mirko Jozic said Tuesday.

Jozic, visibly worried, said the powerful defender Tudor would first do a checkup ``and then undergo surgery'' on the right ankle, which already forced him to skip three months of matches for his team, Juventus, earlier this year.

The result of the tests will determine whether Tudor will travel to Japan, Jozic said, adding that he would announce the roster later this week.

``If I was able to say we have an advantage to Mexico and Ecuador before this, I can say now that without Tudor, we have 20 percent less chance,'' Jozic was quoted as saying by state-run news agency HINA. ``But we're not giving up.''

Jozic declined to comment on reporters' speculations that Juventus pushed Tudor to play to weaken Croatia's chances - Italy also is in Group G alongside Croatia.

But he said the Italian club ``did not fulfill a promise,'' HINA reported.

Croatia apparently had asked Juventus to spare Tudor from playing to keep him fit for the World Cup, but Tudor continued playing there.

Tudor, 24, has emerged as one of Europe's most sought-after players for his vigilant defense and tendency to score crucial goals.

Former skipper Zvonimir Boban, who won glory with AC Milan during the '90s, hailed Tudor as ``the new Franz Beckenbauer,'' while Juventus coach Marcello Lippi has often said that he can't imagine his side without the towering defender.

05/07/02 13:39 EDT

·
Banned
22,345 Posts
Lippi

Well PHUCK lippi that bastard!

yeah his side's season is done so he doesn't give a $hit. Our WC is just about to begin so it doesn't matter to him.

PHuck this makes me mad.

May Lippi rot in hell and may his boyfriend beat him!

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
May Lippi rot in hell and may his boyfriend beat him!

OLUJA,ZAKON SI...

Pozdravlja vas svih,majstor...

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
Mila majko...this is terrible, terrible, Ero is speachless :depress:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts