Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys...happy new year.
I would appreciate it if u gave me informations about the following Ghanaian International Players in Holland.
Obodai...part of the Ghanaian U-20 silver medalists in Argentina 2001.
Yakubu and Matthew Amoah....Vitesse Arnehm.

How active are they in the Dutch League and what is your assesment of them???

·
Registered
59,190 Posts
Yakubu's doing well at Vitesse I think. He's still on loan there but I've heard that Ajax are willing to swap him for Danny Landzaat. Big strong player.

Amoah's soing okay. Michel, the Vitesse fan on here could tell you more about him though.

As for Obodai, he's more of a stand-in at Ajax, just like Feyenoords own Christian Gyan (whos a bit of a culthero in Rotterdam btw :D and I & many other Feyenoord fans love him to bits). Any chance of Gyan getting called up soon for Ghana? since I haven't heard him getting called up for some time. Has he retired from international football or do you just have better options in your national team since I presume you're Ghanaian.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gyan...his chances of zooming into the national team is remote.Kuffour(Bayern Munich),Mensah(chievo) and Amponsah(AEK Athens) are ahead of him in the pecking order. apart from that if my memory serves me right i think some years ago he made it clear that he didn't want any invitations into the national team cos it was affecting his Club career. Gyan in the past was a victim of unnecessary national call ups.His crime=was part of the 1995 U-17 squad which trashed Brasil in the final.In a hasty decision,the stars of tha tourney were promoted into the Senior National Team and they became history.Incidentally what left of that squad is players who didn't play any significant part in that tourney, hence weren't disturbed with call-ups. example Stephen Appiah(Juventus).
Yakubu has lost favour with Ghanaian fans. His displays in the National Team jersey is nothing to write home about.
Obodai lost favour with National team handlers hence wasn't selected for the Olympics.
There is a loud public outcry for the inclussion of Mat. Amoah into the national team to boost the attack.

·
Registered
59,190 Posts
Thanks for the explanation about Gyan :)

BTW do you know where PAtrick Allotey is? we got him along with Gyan in 97 when they were only teenagers and Allotey was actually seen as the more talented of the pair, but it just didn't work out for Allotey at Feyenoord and I think we released him a few seasons ago, but since that I haven't heard or read about him at any club. Has he completely retired from football then ?! :confused:

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I checked the database of Ghanaian foreign based Players and his name aint there. Peharps he hanged his boots or is plaing in a very obscure league.

·
Registered
548 Posts
DAmn....my heart just bled when Wally brought up Pat Allotey's name. That dude had so much talent. It's a goddam shame he never reached his potential. He was such an indiscipline player. I heard he had alcohol problems in the past or something. I don't know where he his currently. I hope he's doing fine in whatever he's doing.

·
Registered
59,190 Posts
Valdano said:
I heard he had alcohol problems in the past or something. .
first time I heard about this. Sad to hear about it :(

hope it's going better with him whereever he is.

I just did a little search for him over the net and there is almost absolutely nothing I could find about him after he left Feyenoord.
The only thing I found on my search was about a Patrick Allotey who is a boxer for Wisdom B/C . :D surely he hasn't gone into boxing or has he?! :googly:

http://www.ghana.co.uk/news/content.asp?articleID=9187

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Allotey stirs Black Stars’ camp

The Black Stars camp was thrown into a state of shock when former national player, Patrick Allotey, collapsed at the team’s training session at the Baba Yara Stadium yesterday.

Joy Sports sources say Allotey who was at the training grounds to watch his former colleagues in action, was seen hailing at one of the players when he suddenly slumped to the ground.

Black Stars team doctor, Dr Engmann, told Joy Sports attempts to resuscitate the former national under-17 player proved futile.

Allotey was thus rushed to the North Suntreso hospital for treatment.

Though yet to ascertain the actual cause of the player’s condition, Dr Engmann believes Allotey could be suffering from hypoglycemia, a condition caused by low blood sugar level. http://www.myjoyonline.com/sportsarticle.asp?p=11&a=16876

Black Stars is the Name of Ghana Senior National Team

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Wally said:
Yakubu's doing well at Vitesse I think. He's still on loan there but I've heard that Ajax are willing to swap him for Danny Landzaat.
I'm willing to swap De Graaf for Danny Landzaat too, Wally. ;)

·
Registered
59,190 Posts
he aín't that bad :pp

Thanks for letting us know about Allotey, mamamia. Sad to read that but once a Feyenoorder, always a Feyenoorder, he'll always remain one of the family.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts