Xtratime Community banner

OBA OBA MARTINS VISITS INTER TRAINING SESSION

934 views 35 replies 19 participants last post by  Firdaus 
#1 ·
Oba on Inter Channel: "Still an Interista"
Wednesday, 14 May 2008 17:07:31

APPIANO GENTILE - Ex-Inter striker Obafemi Martins paid a visit to the Centro Sportivo Angelo Moratti on Wednesday afternoon to greet his former team-mates and watch them train.

"I'll be here in Italy for five days," he told Inter Channel. "I'm still an Interista and I couldn't not come here to say hello to everybody in Appiano.

"I'm very busy with my team (Newcastle United), but I have been following Inter's matches from England for the whole year."

On Mario Balotelli, who is quickly following in the footsteps of the Nigerian striker, Martins said: "I saw him and we spoke a bit. I told him that he's good and that he has to keep playing like he's playing."

Nice hairstyle. :neutral:

See less See more
#3 ·
Zlatan seems bit cold towards him in every pic :D Even if they dont know him and wasnt there when he was, you greet like Balotelli and the others did :pp

#10 ·
No, he is WAY worse.

But the difference is Sauzo accepts being 4th striker, while Martins would demand starter. But Sauzo is a hack, he has never come close to the sublime stuff Martins for example done with Newcastle.

#20 ·
A very good player; always a pleasure to check out Newcastle only for him. For such a small lad he is always physically a handfull for defenders. His dribbling and first touch need to improve but he is definetly in my eyes alot better then all the other strikers Newcastle has.

Nice to see him back in Inter;

#22 ·
Awesome to see Oba back here. Perhaps one day he'll don the colors again. Like Nera mentioned, truly 'Uno di noi'.

I'd rather have him as a back-up because he's Interista, but he chose his destination and we have nothing to regret.

#25 ·
King David will prove all his doubters wrong next season. :stuckup: He's getting used to life at the top that's all.

#36 ·
I initially thought he was a useful addition to the squad who could be counted on from time to time.

He hasn't failed like Hakan Sukur did ( :D ) but his really poor decision-making has really made me lose faith in him. I hope he proves me wrong though but right now that doesn't look likely. :moan:

#26 ·
Sauzo sucks big time.

And for the Oba fans, watch more of Newscastle, you cant imagine how amazing he has been for them at times. Quite stellar goals and such.

#28 ·
When he has been on his hot streaks, he has been amazing for them. I am aware of he was out of it for them for a while. But when they got going, he has been their best striker, even if Owen is pivotal as you said.

#31 ·
Get it in your heads people. Suazo was not a replacement for Oba Martins. Second, Oba Martins was awful until he went to England. I believe the style of play there suits him much more. Third, Suazo is still early in his Inter tenure. Give him time.

#34 ·
Fortunately Martins has done a lot better in Newcastle than I expected, though I wouldn't say he's been awesome overall, just very good. He's still way better than Suazo, for one thing he uses his brain on the field a lot more (which admittedly isn't much of a feat ;)).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.