Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
59,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dunno how many of you follow it but with Barneveld taking part again in the WK and having a realistic chance again of winning it, I decided to open this thread.

Barney played yesterday and won pretty easily. :) didn't see it. Only saw Andy the viking Fordham win during dinner.

Co Stompe lost in the first round :eek:

I'll see if I can find a schema somewhere of the tournament.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
It has been a bit of overkill the last year with darts so I'm not so in the mood anymore as previous years. It would have been more interesting if the two associations got together and we could see Barney face Taylor. Now Barney is the big favourite here and if he will win it's like: ah, well. As if we didnt expect it. And if he loses he will be called a loser. What Co really has become the last couple of years, but he's an Ajax-fan so that's all I have to say about him. A good guy.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Totally agree with you chivu, it isn't as interesting anymore as it was several years ago, because we see the sport too much now...
And about the associations I agree even more, don't understand why they splitted up a while ago... the level should be only higer if they're gonna merge.

I support Barney, if he won't show his ADO scarf anymore...

·
Registered
59,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Agree too, the real excitement is gone, maybe also cos we expect Barney to win. Anything else is failure. Also as stated by you guys, why on earth does a minority sport like darts split up into 2 seperate federations?! the one on RTL 5 with Phil the power Taylor is apparantly stronger according to pundits btw.

Taylor and Barney have met in exhibitions btw and Taylor came on top in them :eek:

Meanwhile van der Voort lost in the first round. We still have 2 newbies to play in the first round :)

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Darts is a lame 'sport' for beer drinking fatso's if you ask me :rolleyes:

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
That explains why Co gets knocked so soon every time. ;)

It's indeed debatable if it's a real sport. I don't think so, but hell it's getting a lot of viewers here in Holland.

·
Registered
59,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Prince-O said:
Darts is a lame 'sport' for beer drinking fatso's if you ask me :rolleyes:
That's exactly why I like watching it now and again. Bit of a laugh etc. Just look at Andy Fordham :howler:

about Barney being arrogant, his comments before the game today surprised me. He said like "my opponent says that he'll win cos it's in front of the camera" . A bit overconfident imo since he lost the first set! he did go through though.

and Mervin King, you little cheat. Guy walked off the stage and asked it to be remeasured before beating Hofstra. It was a hole in the rules :eek:

·
Registered
59,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bad news for you all :eek: Barneveld won last night and in style too against Walton. Absolutely amazing average, something like 34 per dart:cool:

He'll now play in the semis against big Viking Andy Fordham in the semis :cool:

Probably be one sided again:eek:

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
It's over now. He was crap at the doubles and later on also on his triples, despite still having a decent average. Still it's must suck for him to lose against someone whom's basic training is drinking beers.

·
Registered
59,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Was a great game ! Barney 3 nil and 4-2 up, yet still throwing it away! :eek: actually the 3-0 scoreline was unjustified since they were pretty even and Fordham just couldn't hit the doubles but he didn't give up and fought like a lion. Barney was broke and played crap at the end and the roaring Viking was not to be stopped! :cool:

·
Registered
59,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good final, not as exciting as the Barneveld-Fordham semi final and very fitting to see someone winning it whos daily training indeed is beer. King never was really in the game. He came back but Fordham was not really bothered and played his own game.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts