Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
67,330 Posts
It's for the early stages of the competition, if I'm not mistaken. Inter have apparently done the same with Samuel, because he's injured.

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
If they knew that Nesta's injury is such a long-term one, they really dared to buy SENDEROS as his replacement, with Kaladze being absolutely abysmal for 2 years now?

Pah.

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
Even if he gets fit during the fall it would be dumb to risk him in Uefa cup games as especially in the early stages we will do just fine without him. He has been simply way too injury prone as of late and I think that this is a good move.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I hope he will be ok for the second part of the season, when Scudetto will be decided! Forget the UEFA cup, I think MILAN would not risk him in this tournament even if he was already prepared to play!

·
Registered
19,795 Posts
I think this is not a big deal. Nesta will be back (hopefully).

This is just an evidence of how important the UEFA cup is for us.
I am not so optimistic as you are. Why was Kaka registered for example? Maldini (who can play one game a week tops)? I hope you are right though.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
It could easily be that this injury was deemed minor or less serious, so Milan did not worry so much about a replacement but that as time went on and Nesta got no better we had to look for a quick replacement and the best available was Senderos. Perhaps if this had been seen as a worse injury earlier we could have made a move for a better defender before teams shut up shop and the only guys available are the ones looking for a loan.

But that is pure speculation on my part.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts