Guidry
Kerrigan
Pena
Bowa
and more........

·
Registered
10,205 Posts
New York should be careful...their rotation sucks and there's a pretty good team in Toronto that's gonna make a run for the AL East.

·
Registered
615 Posts
arfy05 said:
Why's ARod always getting booed at yankee's stadium. :confused:

BTW I started watching baseball at 4am and for some reason liked it :)
Cause he makes 25 million a year, and doesn't always come through in the clutch.

Baseball is a thinking man's game, here in NYC its like football, its a Religion. Its a way of life, still the only sport that the working class can afford. Yankee fans are like Man u fans, its either win it all, or forget about it. The Mets are like Man City, we come from the city,while Yankee fans come from the suburbs

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
Johnny Thunders said:
Cause he makes 25 million a year, and doesn't always come through in the clutch.
oh seen, big earner, but not big producer, hence- boos. Thanks ;) i was shocked at first, as i never thought baseball had any malice in it, the fans always seemed light hearted, whereas in football we all know, they are mad and always wanting more :D

Johnny Thunders said:
Baseball is a thinking man's game, here in NYC its like football, its a Religion. Its a way of life, still the only sport that the working class can afford. Yankee fans are like Man u fans, its either win it all, or forget about it. The Mets are like Man City, we come from the city,while Yankee fans come from the suburbs
thanks for the information, much appreciated :)

·
Registered
615 Posts
arfy05 said:
oh seen, big earner, but not big producer, hence- boos. Thanks ;) i was shocked at first, as i never thought baseball had any malice in it, the fans always seemed light hearted, whereas in football we all know, they are mad and always wanting more :D

thanks for the information, much appreciated :)
Yeah in the big cities on the East Coast, Baseball is it. In the white working class areas of NYC, Philly, Boston its Baseball and Hockey. Black areas its Football{american} and Basketball. Hispanic areas Baseball and Basketball.

No problems, if you need any more info, just ask

Cheers

·
Registered
69,073 Posts
I like the comparison :thmbup: but yes NYC is a huge baseball town, the most popular of the four major sports here. You go to the west coast and they don't give a shit about their team, especially in LA and in San Diego where going to games is more of a social event then cheering for your team

·
Registered
27,119 Posts
arfy05 said:
Why's ARod always getting booed at yankee's stadium. :confused:
Here is one thing about the guy: When ever he leaves a team they become better :D He left the Mariners and they became a better team without him that year wiining like over 100 games, then he went to Texas signed for like $200 million and they sucked with him for like 2 years, next he leaves them to go to the Yankees and the very next year the Rangers had a much better year without him meanwhile since he has gone to New York the Yankees have not won a tittle yet. Is it him or what? he is a great player and all but for some reason the guy chokes when it counts. :thmbdown:

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Why? You want to know why? CUZ he plain sucks.

He hits homeruns when the team is leading 10 to nothing or losing 9 to 1

He strikes out with the bases loaded

And never gets a hit when it counts

He useless and he makes me so mad

·
Registered
69,073 Posts
tonight I saw the Yankees AA team (Trenton Thunder) and your #1 pitching prospect Phillip Hughes impressed, good, hard thrower, pitched 6 scoreless innings only giving up 4 hits and striking out 10! :eek: he should be in the major leagues but knowing the Yanks they will trade him for a 40 year old pitcher.

Some other players that impressed were Eric Duncan (good fielding first baseman with power) and Justin Christian (wigger, but he has excellent speed and good glove)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts