Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nuno Gomes may be one the best "second" striker we have had for years, but unfortunetly, it seems like his future isn't related to ours in anyway. The player himself would like to stay, but since he's the best player, value wise, he's the one who we always look to whenever we have financial probelms, because he's the one who can get us the biggest deal.

He gives me an impression that he can't do the job himself, he may have gotten used to playing as a second striker alongside Chiesa or any other good goalscorer, that's not a big problem if we have a goalscorer like Chiesa or Adriano like now, but later on, this will get fatal, we have been lucky when we managed to get Adriano to save us, but if we couldn't get him, Nuno Gomes won't be enough, because he isn't a real striker anymore, he's playing more like a support striker or a creator of chances now.

So, Chiesa will be back next year, although he'll need a lot of time to get to his old form if he will ever do, and we will no longer have Adriano, and Inter may not even agree to loan him out next time.

And now, I hear that Nuno Gomes will stay, but until the end of the season. After that, everything will be possible. If he shined again with Portugal in WC, he'll be chased by the big teams again, and we'll have a player with great talent, and with a big price tag, just ready to be sold, with the money we can get some cheap Argentine striker, unless the financial chaosin Argentina was solved by some miracle which won't happen.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Nuno Gomes your right is the best viola player..

I am hoping for the same that Nuno Gomes has a great WC so he can leave the Viola it kills me watching him in florence with no support and real playmakers.I just hope he leaves before it's too late that is a troubled club with not much to offer to a world calss player like Gomes:star:

I always wanted Gomes to leave after Batigol,Costa,Toldo etc.. left:depress:

·
6,645 Posts
A friend of mine said this about Nuno Gomes and I totally agree;

"If you need Figo as a playmaker to be a mediocre striker, you don't have anything to do on a football field..."

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Gomes goes and you go to B...

Krist Novoselic said:
A friend of mine said this about Nuno Gomes and I totally agree;

"If you need Figo as a playmaker to be a mediocre striker, you don't have anything to do on a football field..."
A friend told me this,

"Nuno Gomes made his name without Figo our Costa he established himself at Boavista and at Benfica Gomes and Pinto made great things."

As for him playing with low class players now at Viola aint his fault Nuno is to great to stay in a pit hole and will move on to bigger and better things after 2002WC and fiorentina will?????I dont know try to not be relegated from serieB:rolleyes:

:D

Nuno Gomes is the only good thing right now the Viola have and how you need cash$$$:greed: he is the only one there worth anything and that clubs around the world want.;) Chiesa is the other thing good there too bad he is hurt:depress: he already could have been playing for Inter or some other good club:depress: :cry:

I like that quote!!!

·
6,645 Posts
Nuno Gomes is good for one thing, the cash he will bring in this summer. Seriously, he's probably one of our worst strikers in a long time.

Here's a list of our greatest strikers in ten years:

1. Gabriel Batistuta
2. Enrico Chiesa
3. Edmundo
4. Luis Oliveria
5. Carmine Esposito
6. Anselmo Robbiati
7. yadada
8. yadada
9. yadada
10. yadadada
11. yadadda
12. Predrag Mijatovic
-
-
-
-
-
175. Nuno Gomes

Anyway, I think it's silly to defend Nuno Gomes. He's not a very good striker, unless he's with Figo and Rui, or plays in ehrm...Benfica....ugh...

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Krist Novoselic said:
Here's a list of our greatest strikers in ten years:

1. Gabriel Batistuta
2. Enrico Chiesa
3. Edmundo
4. Luis Oliveria
5. Carmine Esposito
6. Anselmo Robbiati
7. yadada
8. yadada
9. yadada
10. yadadada
11. yadadda
12. Predrag Mijatovic
-
-
-
-
-
175. Nuno Gomes
I disagree on two things: First, Mijatovic is better than that. Second, There is NO WAY Yadadada is worse than Robbiati! ;)

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I disagree with that too since i put him in my list tied on 3th best ever even tough he has not had the support others did with the great Rui Costa,only last season and he did well so here is my list,

1)Batigol

2)Chiesa

3)Edmundo

3)Nuno Gomes

5)Oliveira

etc...

Can you say at least you know he is the only cash value at the viola$$

Gomes-Milano:devil:

·
Registered
52 Posts
We needed to get 'Lulu' Luis Oliveria back from Como. He scores every game, I saw him score twice against Messina. Also, why the hell isn't Ganz playing more often? He's old, but he's still a very good player. I think he's more capable of getting the ball in the net then Nuno-Gomez. And, where did all the yadda yadda players go for crying out loud?

·
Registered
313 Posts
I've got to agree with Krist. I'll admit I don't know as much about Nuno Gomes as a lot of you out there, the first I saw of him was in Euro 2000. Initially I had high hopes for him, but the stats tell it all really. If he goes, I wish him all the best in the future.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Nuno Gomes and Marco Rossi have reportedly asked for their contracts to be ripped up after continually going unpaid by cash-strapped Fiorentina. Reports coming from Italy suggest that the pair are set to make an official request to the Italian Football League in a bid to make void their contract with the Tuscan outfit.

If successful, the duo would become available on free transfers as they would not be tied to any club. Rossi had been tracked by Chievo Verona. Both players are interestingly represented by the same agent in Antonino Imborgia.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Nuno Gomes is a great player. Unfortunately he can't carry a team and that's what is expected of him with Chiesa out.

Nuno Gomes has very poor back up in Fiorentina but worst of all the midfielders in Fio are not crafty at all.

Nuno's understanding of the game is very typically Portuguese. They play a game of short passes, quick runs, nifty short plays, and plenty of lobbing in the box.

Fio's game is not consistent. The players are not like a tight knit village. For instance, when Nuno plays with Portuguese players (not necessarily Figo and Rui either), they have AN UNDERSTANDING of where each other is and are aware of each others habits.

Fio lacks this, but most of all lack atleast one intelligent midfielder...a commander. Every successful team has atleast one, Fiorentina has none.

So I'll defend Nuno Gomes and I will say this: Fiorentina losses have to do with the ENTIRE team. No one striker will get them out of this mess.

·
6,645 Posts
Ey, Morfeo is a very intelligent midfielder. And Nuno Gomes should learn italian...

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Gomes moves to bigger and better things...

Nuno Gomes says ciao to the Viola.....

Can you say Liverpool and ACMIlan or Barcelona folks..

I have predicted for months Milan and Liverpool but now i hear maybe Barcelona:eekani:

·
6,645 Posts
When Nuno Gomes leaves Fiorentina, he will hardly take make it to the starting line-up, no matter what club. He will score 5-6 goals in two seasons and eventually move back to Portugal. Who's with me?

I really can't see Nuno Gomes as a great striker. He's too weak, has no good shot, he can't cover a ball, has no technique, not a very good header and his not that fast. He reminds me of Filippo Inzaghi, but he has good placing skills, which Nuno Gomes totally lacks. He's scared. It shines through...

Maybe he scores a goal or two in WC'02, but nuttin' spectacular...

Let's put him in the pile where so many other quasi-talented players lay, Hakan Sukur, Andreas Andersson, Savo Milsoevic, Pierluigi Casiraghi, Marco Delvecchio and our sweet Nuno Gomes...

Tah!

·
Registered
153 Posts
I think you're being very unfair with Gomes...

How do you expect a player to do good when you don't pay him and still put all the presure on his shoulders?

He's not a good striker? Maybe not at Fiorentina...

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
if I wasent paid I would also leave...

Have you seen this player?I would like to find out where he is all i herd was he ditched a viola club in florence got on his Porsche911 and is heading for Liverpool maybe to join Abel Xavier?

please contact me if you heard from him!

Attachments

·
6,645 Posts
Well, he'll always be considered as a chicken sheit in Florence. Hey, even Mijatovic has made a stronger impact on me!

·
6,645 Posts
Is he? I haven't read anything that says he's left for another club? In that case, what club? Liverpool? Barcelona? Milan? Or anywhere else he can warm up the bench? Geez, I'm gonna miss his....ehm....I mean, I'm gonna...err...sorry, I'm quite happy over the fact that he's leaving us! Krist says CIAO to bella Nuno Gomes or whatever....

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
serieB looks promasing,lol.........

Better hope Chiesa dosent do the same as Rossi and Gomes ciao....

Wasent Nuno Gomes the only thing worth money$$$ in the viola club?what do you do now?

SerieB looks to me like they already have your name in next seasons schedule!!:eek:

Enrico Chiesa please dont go....please dont go.......

I wanna know whre Gomes 2 will go?Its nice he wil collect money like you say and lots of it to warm up a bench because he was playing for the Viola and not getting paid i rather sit and collect alot of $$:greed: than not have any cash paid for my services and all the money Fiorentina makes off of him on image and shirt sales and also his great play.

I rather have Gomes than what you have now without him...

:D ciao bella.,

1 - 20 of 42 Posts