Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first thought about the possible signing from Luis Figo for Real Madrid was that it´s just a bad joke, but now this transfer becomes more likely every day.

Barcelona's outgoing president Josep Lluis Nunez ruled out to give Luis Figo a better contract: "Figo is by far the best paid player at the club and we can't afford to create a domino effect whereby all the players want to do the same ..... Other players have left the Nou Camp for Real Madrid and it didn't matter."

Well, I´d say it would extremely matter if Figo leaves Barca for Real Madrid.

·
RIP Alton Ellis
5,658 Posts
As usual, Nuñez opens his mouth without thinking. When Laudrup left for Madrid it certainly DID matter. All those brilliant passes into the spaces for Hristo and Romario were gone while Laudrup was weaving his magic for the old enemy. Surely something similar would happen if Figo was allowed to go.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Football is played by 11 man. Allways will.
Figo is just another great player in Barca's history.
Barcelona is an Institution.
Figo's contract was improved twice allready...well.."stop being greedy"
If you are a man...you stand by your deal...These players are so f... greedy..But I think Fifa managers are guilty of that trend. They force players demands...bla bla..Time for change..

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Nunez has said, "The worst thing that could happen if Figo left is we would get $60 million." I agree, he is great, but he had his contract redone last year and this cannot continue to happen. I believe his agent has realized that these elections in Barca and Madrid have presented the perfect situation for Figo to get the dream contract he is looking for. But if we do what he wants, this will continue to happen and that cannot be. Nunez is not even speaking to Veiga, Figo's agent. He refuses to negotiate, so would I. A line must be drawn. I just don't know how Figo is going to be able to show his face around Can Barca if Perez loses Madrid elections and he comes back here. I have lost some of the love i had for him.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
To be honest we Madritistas don' really want Figo that much anymore either:( The price we're supposed to pay is outrageous and Perez has now said, the club, not him, will pay for the eventuall tranfer. In that case I say: FUC*K YOU MR. PEREZ! Keep Lui and make this satr a little mre sensible. I have always said he is the only player who can bid to be exeqou best with Raul for best player in the world award, but he is certainly way back with the attitude award:mad:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts