Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
Honorable Mention, December 2010 Photo Contest
15,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Round 26, and we need a win. What's new? We should not take Numancia lightly. They beat Barca the first week of the season and almost beat Real Madrid the second.

And with the way we are playing, ugh... 22 straight matches without a clean sheet. We are now 6th in the league. If we lose and other results go against us, we could be 8th. I hope Miguel is back next week. We need everybody we can get.

Also, we have lost to Osasuna (when they were 20th), Mallorca (when they were 19th), and Sporting Gijon (who are now 17th). Right now Numancia is 20th, but that obviously doesn't mean shit.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
You'll win. It'll be ugly, but you'll win. I'll say 3-2 with hilarious defensive blunders from both sides.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
I hear you, but don't worry, I just know more than you. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
14,722 Posts
At least we'll have Villa back

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
If Villa is back we will win. Face it, we are a one man team. We have talent in attack, but Villa is on another level. He is the difference between mediocre and supreme-talented, basically he can get us the CL Spot.
On that basis we shall win.

I say this every week, that Emery will teach the team how to defend and give them a good nip around the ear, but there isn't enough strictness in the camp. Emery hasn't laid down the force. He has to be more firm. Look at Mourinho, he blasted his players when they lost to Atalanta. Emery needs to get these players back to their best. They are getting way too lazy. He has promised us a CL spot, and a CL Spot we shall get!
AMUNT!!

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Look at Mourinho, he blasted his players when they lost to Atalanta
And since then they're getting decisions in every game.

It would be much simpler for Emery if refs help us.

But yea, marchena and albiol should be sold:D

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Of course we will succeed and win this match with great football - and we will not only outplay the douchebags from Numancia, but make them wish they never escaped from their mothers wound! We are Valencia, and we are superior in every single way imaginative!

AMUNT F-ing mofo's!!! 3 points here wo go!!!

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Of course we will succeed and win this match with great football - and we will not only outplay the douchebags from Numancia, but make them wish they never escaped from their mothers wound! We are Valencia, and we are superior in every single way imaginative!

AMUNT F-ing mofo's!!! 3 points here wo go!!!
Shades from the pre-match comments from us before Dynamo. Look where that got us. I wouldn't exactly talk smack like that when we're in the position we are in :moan:.

If anything is keeping me positive, its that we've got a whole week to prepare for this one, so fatigue shouldn't be a problem. I got one question though, does Villa miss this one too since he was already suspended before he got sent-off?

I hope Miguel can make it too, he makes a huge difference offensively. Maduro was poor against Valladolid.

Start praying for all 3 points fellas, we got a whole week.

·
Registered
44,378 Posts
Numancia gets all their points in Soria, but they're also lacking stability at the back. Their biggest misstake was to fire Sergije Krešić, especially since he's very experienced and did a decent job with the material that he had to work with.

·
Registered
758 Posts
If Villa is back we will win. Face it, we are a one man team. We have talent in attack, but Villa is on another level. He is the difference between mediocre and supreme-talented, basically he can get us the CL Spot.
On that basis we shall win.

I say this every week, that Emery will teach the team how to defend and give them a good nip around the ear, but there isn't enough strictness in the camp. Emery hasn't laid down the force. He has to be more firm. Look at Mourinho, he blasted his players when they lost to Atalanta. Emery needs to get these players back to their best. They are getting way too lazy. He has promised us a CL spot, and a CL Spot we shall get!
AMUNT!!
I don't think Emery is the problem at all. I personally think he's a very talented manager and one day could potentially be great. He needs TIME... I don't think even the great Mourinho can take this team with this current crop of midfielders and defenders and turn them into a powerhouse.

Our problems are Albelda, Marchena, and sadly Albiol. What in the hell happened to Albiol??!!.. :scream: What happened to the player of 2 seasons ago??.. The problem I'm beginning to think is that Albiol is only a good defender when he has somebody to anchor him. He was good when he had Ayala marshalling the lines. Unless we get Alexis back at 100%, we won't be able to defend well. It starts with the midfield, though. If your midfielders are Albelda and Marchena, then expect to see lots of cheap giveaways in midfield that will turn into easy goals for the opponents, not to mention the horrible marking on set plays.

We simply need to get rid of a few players and try to bring up some from our youth program. We need defenders and we need a midfielder who can buy time on the ball and pass well. Basically somebody who can thread the needle right up the middle. A player in the mold of a Fabregas, Xabi Alonso, Xavi, Olic, you get it. Somebody who can can make that killer pass at any given moment to our attackers, while burning time off the clock, and who can defend well. Fernandes is not that type of player. He has the talent and ferocity, but not the calm intelligence that the great midfielders possess. Thats what Valencia is really missing. That would help the defense SO MUCH its crazy how much a difference that would make. True its hard to find a player of that quality at a good price. But thats what we really need.

·
David Villa is a
14,204 Posts
too much talk.. we will win enough said :D PR posts from a while to a while but they are too damnn long to read

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
pablo > albiol

1 - 20 of 156 Posts