Xtratime Community banner

NT Training Regimen

296 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  COUTO 5 
#1 ·
A comment Pila made about athletic ability on another thread got me to thinking about what the training regimen is like for our, or for that matter other NT's, is like. Does anyone know? Are these guys required to run a minimum # of kilometers per day, train heavy one day, light the next, do resistance weight training? It would be interesting to know.

I've long suspected that the elite football players of the world still mainly focus on stamina and skills, without paying much attention to overall body strength. I believe the first club or NT that focuses on weight training the upper body as well as the legs, will see a huge result. Track stars and hockey players have gone through it in the 15 or 20 years, and the level of competition has increased in those sports.

Discussion starter · #5 ·
Watching the main man play right now against B.L. I don't know if his ankle is bothering him again, but he seems to be so easy to knock off the ball these days. Not like himself. Is he shamming ;)

REAL leads 2-1, I know, totally off topic, but I did mention the ankle which is kind of about conditioning.

Zidane just scored an amazing goal!!!!!

Discussion starter · #7 ·
Yes I agree. Article on Portuguesesoccer.com says he will spend the interval between now and the start getting therapy and training. I hope Oliveira is smart enough to keep the training light and NOT play him in the friendly against China. I think the value of their playing together against the Chinese would not outweigh an additional 10 days of uninterrupted rest.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.