Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Thought Criminal
14,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was thinking this could be a good idea for a thread...

if you had it your way which players in the Nt deserve or you think should be at which club?

for me a couple off my head;

Kranjcar-Arsenal
Olic-Bolton
Modric-Barcelona
Srna-Liverpool

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Ćevapčići kid;6899209 said:
youre right....make it derby county...:howler:

just for you HS
:howler:

I think HS just woke up in cold sweats from a horrible dream right now...

"...it was Olic...he, he was playing for Derby County...It was awful...misplaced passes....wasted chances.....all this effort. Someone, someone please end it now...."

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Modric - Sevilla
Kranjcar - Villarreal
Corluka - Juventus
Srna - Everton
Olic - Aston Villa
Petric - His at his level at Hamburg
Eduardo - Arsenal
Pranjic - Deportivo La Coruña
Vukojevic - Newcastle

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Modric - Sevilla
Kranjcar - Villarreal
Corluka - Juventus
Srna - Everton
Olic - Aston Villa
Eduardo - Arsenal
Vukojevic - Newcastle
I actually like these. Very creative. The only two I wouldn't go for is:

Vukojevic - Newcastle (I don't wish for anyone to have to suffer there)
Srna - Everton (Not on this Everton)

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Srna - Everton (Not on this Everton)
Well, Srna isn't good enough to play for a top 4 side in England, only possibly Liverpool. See i think he is a great player, but his problem is for which position he is suited too. As a fullback, in the matches that i have seen, he is not disciplined enough, and gets exposed often, while as a winger, he is good, but far from elite when you compare another, wingers in the World. While, Everton isn't the most attractive side, they could use a right sided player in defense, as they have a good foundation in defense, i don't think he would be a let down, and is tenacious and works hard enough, to be a success there, plus him and Baines on the another side would be brilliant there.

Vukojevic - Newcastle
In terms of style, he is suited there.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Well, Srna isn't good enough to play for a top 4 side in England, only possibly Liverpool. See i think he is a great player, but his problem is for which position he is suited too. As a fullback, in the matches that i have seen, he is not disciplined enough, and gets exposed often, while as a winger, he is good, but far from elite when you compare another, wingers in the World. While, Everton isn't the most attractive side, they could use a right sided player in defense, as they have a good foundation in defense, i don't think he would be a let down, and is tenacious and works hard enough, to be a success there, plus him and Baines on the another side would be brilliant there.
I think he could easily play at Liverpool.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
In terms of style, he is suited there.
If his style is "shit" then ya, he could play there I guess. I just wouldn't wish that for him. :smileani:

·
Registered
69,640 Posts
Kranjcar - Arsenal
Corluka - Serie A (no specifics, preferably a top side)
Pranjic - Bayern Munich
Srna - Aston Villa, Everton (are these big enough for him?!)
Kalinic - Heerenveen (or a Dutch side) for a few years before moving to a petica
Krizanac - Ligue 1, Bundesliga, just get out of Russia
Olic - NK Interblock, Honved Budapest, Shelbourne, Al-Jazeera Football Club (ok this is fictional)

·
Registered
9,102 Posts

As a midfielder Srna would struggle to get into top sides, but as a FB I think he'd have a shot.

·
Registered
9,102 Posts
Modric - Sevilla
Kranjcar - Villarreal
Corluka - Juventus
Srna - Everton
Olic - Aston Villa
Eduardo - Arsenal
Vukojevic - Newcastle

You don't want anyone at Valencia?

·
Banned
22,345 Posts
Anywhere except ManUre.

I'd like to see more of our guys in Italy like the old days..and hope Kranjcar gets out of Portsmouth as soon as possible. He has alot of talent, but his teamates don't....same kind of situation for Modric and Corluka at Tottenham...

As for Srna, I guess the money and his situation is really good at Shaktar. Not exactly a "glamour" club but up to this year, lots of CL experience...and he doesnt risk rotting on the pine in some other club elsewhere, so I guss its ideal for him.

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
not trying to defend srna & his diving, they drive me crazy as well, but the sad thing is that these days its harder to find a player that dives than the one that doesn't dive.

I think you meant the other way around that its harder to find a player that doesn't dive than one that does. :)

·
Registered
69,640 Posts
well thats the one thing I respect about the American coaching in soccer, or at least my experiences, divers get called out by the coach, and really you rarely see it from our players (in this case USA players) at the international level

·
Registered
9,102 Posts
not trying to defend srna & his diving, they drive me crazy as well, but the sad thing is that these days its harder to find a player that dives than the one that doesn't dive.
The thing with Srna is that he doesn't always dive. Sometimes he just gets on with it and takes a few kicks but keeps on going. For some reason I see him doing this more with Shakhtar than with the NT. Maybe it's because he knows he can't take the risk being in the last line, I don't know.

And the thing that irritates the most about Srna's diving isn't just that he dives (which is bad enough) but the manner in which he does it. The rolling over which makes you think he may have picked up a serious injury (which he has done so often in his career that it's become a "never cry wolf" scenario).

That along with his constant bitching at referee's (again, seems to do this less with Shakhtar) is what gets on people's nerves. Other than he's a very good player. Great work rate. That's why I'm not sure how he'd fair in England (with the fans). They'd love his work rate but hate his theatrics. He'd definitely need to tone it down if he played there.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts