Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think of Roger, Leonardo Moura (FLU) and Felipe?
They have been great in the Carioca championship, and playing extremely well.
Personally, I think they are better than the likes of Diego, Maurinho and Ze Roberto.
Do you think they deserve a chance if they can keep up their good football?

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
No way. Carioca Championship is just one step ahead varzea football at this point. Look at the last year's Brasileirao..

From all these three, only Felipe has a chance. But he needs to be more regular and show football for more than a month after a year he was the most bichado player on the country.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Roger is extremely skillful but useless in high-level competition (the Carioca does NOT qualify as "high-level competition", in case you're wondering). He wastes too much time on the ball to produce too little, and refuses to defend. He may someday prove me wrong, due to his undeniable talent, but today he's 97% style and 3% substance. Therefore, not NT material.

Leonardo Moura has yet to complete ONE entire year with anything resembling regularity. Until he does that, he's not NT material either.

And Felipe has been very, very good... and IF he continues to play this well for the rest of the season, he might be an alternative for Ronaldinho Gaucho's position, behind the strikers. I don't think he would work in Ze Roberto's position, though.

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Roger is not NT material.. great for club level but not for the top stuff.

Felipe is mentally unprepared for the big stage... too lazy and too unfocused in playing football. However him in the NT would be much better than Ze Roberto's football. GArrincha, of course he is suited for Ze Roberto's position..... why would he not?

Leonardo has to show the world that he can play football outside of Rio de Janeiro. He came to Sao Paulo and played in 2 top teams and flopped in both of them

·
Registered
594 Posts
"What do you guys think of Roger, Leonardo Moura (FLU) and Felipe?
They have been great in the Carioca championship, and playing extremely well.
Personally, I think they are better than the likes of Diego, Maurinho and Ze Roberto."

You´re kidding ... right ?

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Ze da Fiel said:
Felipe is mentally unprepared for the big stage... too lazy and too unfocused in playing football. However him in the NT would be much better than Ze Roberto's football. GArrincha, of course he is suited for Ze Roberto's position..... why would he not?
You said it yourself, he's a lazy sh!t who doesn't do coverage, ever.

Felipe is one of those primadonnas we have in Brazil who likes to play "freely", without any tactical concerns whatsoever. The proper term for that type of player is "peladeiro". :wth: Ze Roberto's position in our team demands coverage (Ze covers RC and Kleberson covers Cafu), therefore Felipe isn't capable of performing that role. ;)

The only position in our team where the player can have total freedom is the playmaker. So, that's the only position where Felipe could get away with his 'peladeiro' mentality... :stress:

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
well,

if Felipe has any aspiration in the midfield of the NT , his only position that he can claim is Ze Roberto's. Simple as that. that he is lazy eveyrone knows, but if he played with comitment he would do a better job that the average Ze Roberto

If he goes to try and get Ronaldinho gaucho's spot, theire are about 10 guys ahead of him;)

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Garrincha said:
Roger is extremely skillful but useless in high-level competition (the Carioca does NOT qualify as "high-level competition", in case you're wondering). He wastes too much time on the ball to produce too little, and refuses to defend. He may someday prove me wrong, due to his undeniable talent, but today he's 97% style and 3% substance. Therefore, not NT material.
No offense, Garrincha, but what a load of bs. :tongue:
Just watch him play. ;)
He is a better passer and better vision than Felipe. He DOESN'T hang on to the ball as much as Felipe, Ronaldinho or Luis Fabiano, and he has played better defense. You sound jsut like Doc_Rule talking about Ronaldinho. :howler:
Personally, I think he is better than Felipe, but he doens't play for Flamengo, so it will be tougher for him to get there.

Ze, how the hell do you know if one is good enough for the bigger stage if you don't give him a chance? Is Roque Jr. ready also?

Roberto Gallo, campeonato carioca is better than the Mineiro, and if we go by that, why is Rivaldo playing for Brazil? (actually, why is Rivaldo playing for Brazil?!). And I've been asking for Alex in the selecao since the mineiro championship of last year. It doesn't amtter the stage, you could see the talent was there (well, it never left...)

About Felipe's state of mind, I don't know, he seems much more determined now, I believe he has matured.

Ivan, those players who I listed are much better than those overrated Paulista primadonnas (i.e. DIego, Robinho, Gil, etc...), and I think they deserve a chance. They are not "meninos da vila", but they play much better.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
end3r7 said:
No offense, Garrincha, but what a load of bs. :tongue:
Just watch him play. ;)
I HAVE watched him play dozens of times – I even saw him playing for benfica – and my opinion about him is still faaar less favourable than yours... I wonder why... :rollani:

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tem raiva dele Garrincha? :D
Assiste ele cara, puro talento, melhor que o Felipe ele eh.
Eu aposto que ateh o meio do ano, sua opiniao vai ter mudado. ;)

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
end3r7 said:
Tem raiva dele Garrincha? :D
Assiste ele cara, puro talento, melhor que o Felipe ele eh.
Eu aposto que ateh o meio do ano, sua opiniao vai ter mudado. ;)
I have NO problem with him whatsoever, end3r7. I like his style, I like his moves, but I do not think he has shown enough yet. I simply believe that he has too many weak spots in his game, despite the obvious talent.

Hopefully Roger will change my opinion this year; and I hope he eventually corrects all his tactical flaws. But it didn't happen yet. Roger has a lot of heart and empathy with Flu's fans, but there's a long way before he can be considered a Seleçao player. ;)

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just don't think he is that far from it.
But part of me doesn't want him to make it, cuz as you know, a brazilian club can't have a high level player.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Garrincha said:
I have NO problem with him whatsoever, end3r7. I like his style, I like his moves, but I do not think he has shown enough yet. I simply believe that he has too many weak spots in his game, despite the obvious talent.

Hopefully Roger will change my opinion this year; and I hope he eventually corrects all his tactical flaws. But it didn't happen yet. Roger has a lot of heart and empathy with Flu's fans, but there's a long way before he can be considered a Seleçao player. ;)
Making a good season for Fluminense should be a good start if he wants to become a Seleçao player. There's alot of quality players fighting for the same spot as he, but he could get a shot when the european based players are unaveilible and if he peforms well then, well who knows what it will lead to.:)

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
He has played exceptionally well thsi season. He makes it seem like the dimensions of Maracana are so much smaller. :D

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
I'm just hopeing that his peformences, togheter with O Baixinho and O Animal will take Fluminense back to where they belong, the top!:stuckup:

·
Administrator
29,806 Posts
I think only Felipe have been once a NT material. Roger is good but not that wonderful. He wasted his development going to benfice...twice.
But it is a joke what the press is doing. Last year they are drolling over vasco super team and what happened. They even said "Now felipe have regularity"...now ? There is one month in a ridiculous competition.

But when parreira said that in his trip to europe he could see "all great teams playing 4-4-2 (Roma is , sure), authomatic and all equal 4-4-2 (Arsenal, Milan and Real used the same 4-4-2 ????) and the only great tema he saw doing something different was Juninho (Middlesbourgh is a great team now ???)" we may lost any hope of logic in the world.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Felipe has impressed me the few times I have watched him play, but i'm not sure he can play at the speed necessary for international competition.

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Roger was also a flop in the Olympics 2000.... Lucio even head butted the guy.

but anwyay, i think heis a good player, but i would not like to see him in the NT..we got much better options..... which do not include ZE ROBERTO.

Jcamilo

Boro have never been a top team. They are the only club of the premiership that has NEVER won a single title (not even second or third division):eek: :eek:

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
It's not a stupid question – there's no reason why you should be familar with Felipe, Ari. :) He's a playmaker who won some Brasilian championships for Vasco (back then he was a leftback), then moved to Galatasaray (already as a playmaker), where he had moderate success; and then he returned to Brasil when Gala stopped paying his wages on time.

He's currently in Flamengo, and returning to his best form.

Good to see ya around here, by the way. ;)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts