Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
13,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With Bilic confirming he's in talks with HSV the prospect of having to elect a new manager after euro seems very likely. Honestly I think that such a thing is a clear sign Bilic is seeking for a bigger challenge. Top club from one of top 5 leagues offering you the job I think is going to decide. When you're Croatian coach chance like that doesn't come often.

Who will replace Bilic if he leaves though? Papers are suggesting Ivankovic but I'm not too keen on the idea to be honest. Can't think up of anyone better either.

·
Registered
69,640 Posts
Drazen Ladic with Ivan Pudar as the assistant

:lala:

ok serious: Katenec, Primorac, outsiders being the young HNL managers
but I can guarantee it will be Ivankovic :eek:

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
This is very tough. I'd like Boro too, but it will be hard to tempt him. There isn't really an outstanding candidate imo.

·
Registered
9,105 Posts
what about asanovic? he might go with bilic if he leaves but im not sure about that or if he wants to be a coach or just an assistant..

·
Registered
13,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well yeah jurcic did do a good job both in pula and was a doing a decent job in slaven as well until the uprava ****ed him up and let go 2 best players. whats worst their best striker wasn't even sold but loaned out to bottom of the table bundesliga club where he doesn't play at all.

but cro nt might be too big of a leap for jurcic.

as for asanovic...well he has no experience whatsoever apart from being an assistant.

·
Registered
69,640 Posts
Asanovic doesn't speak German (well I don't think), I know they have been partners for a long time, but it would be hard for him to coach there.

The outsiders are the young HNL managers (Soldo, Jarni, Dalic, Jurcic) but all four of them need more HNL experience.

Nikola Jurcevic is another guy I can think of, but he hasn't managed in a few years. A guy who managed Dinamo and who managed abroad

As I said before, I think it will be Branko Ivankovic, although I won't like it, he will be the hot candidate unless Katenec wants to manage of a foreigner wants to come to Croatia

·
Registered
9,105 Posts
well yeah jurcic did do a good job both in pula and was a doing a decent job in slaven as well until the uprava ****ed him up and let go 2 best players. whats worst their best striker wasn't even sold but loaned out to bottom of the table bundesliga club where he doesn't play at all.

but cro nt might be too big of a leap for jurcic.

as for asanovic...well he has no experience whatsoever apart from being an assistant.
yes well slaven bilic did not have much experience and he has done quite well..asanovic has been assistant with bilic fromm the under21's im not sure if he has any other experience..he also coached the under21's when they lost too the serbs in the playoff..i dont know i just think with him our team wouldnt change that much with him being bilic's asssistant but if we bring a new coach who knows how we would would..right now we play nice attacking football with another coach that might not be the case..

·
Registered
13,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well bilic had at least some experience in leading the team. he had almost an entire season with hajduk plus the time with u21 as experience, so bilic had more experience than asanovic does now. but i see your point, though one must question himself how much of the current success is thanks to asanovic

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Our coaches are amoungst the worst in Europe IMO. I would would try to break the bank and bring in Marcelo Lippi.

·
Banned
22,345 Posts
BIlic is one of the worst?:nono:

As for your go foreign option, just how much do you think the HNS is going to pay? If they won't pay their own, surely they won't "break the bank" for someone who could care less about how we do...

As for Lippi, is that the phucker who played all those games with Tudor...and as a result, our NT too while at Juve?

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Ivic is a legend. :star:

I love his recent quote about him being "better than ever from the neck up" and "how come no one talks about the people who brought Hajduk into this situation."

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
I don't see how we can reach the conclusion that Bilic will leave after the Euro's. As far as HSV is concerned, he admitted that he spoke with them but that the point of the talks was to discuss Olic's progress. The fact that he spent the weekend visiting our players gives this claim merit.

Bilic also admitted that HSV propositioned him given that their coach is due to leave at the end of the season for personal reasons. Bilic didn't say that he was in negotiation with the club and he hasn't given any indication that he'll be leaving after the Euro's.

I won't be jumping to conclusions about Bilic's future until he personally says he's looking to leave or until the HNS admits that they can't reach an agreement with him. Until then, it's all innuendo.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
I remember one interview with Ivic where he discussed the Euro '96 qualifier against Italy in Palermo. He spent a good 5 minutes talking about how his name would've been mud if he lost that game. He didn't even mention the game itself. He can across as a very paranoid man.

IF Bilic were to leave, I hope they give the job to a younger man. These old farts have had their time.

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
I agree. Ivic is way to old to be a NT coach, although he should have a job somewhere in Hajduk. Its not a coincidence all the criminals there try to shut him out.

As far as the young coaches thing goes, what options do we have? God help us if we think Jarni, Soldo, and Jurcic are NT material right now. :eekani:

Thats my whole point. Looking at our coaching situation makes me very skeptical. Our former NT coach is now coaching in the HNL 2. Baric came from Austria. Jozic is somewhere working with dinamo's kadeti I believe. Bilic had no real success or experience before taking over.

We arent exactly blazing trails throughout Europe with our coaches.

1 - 20 of 134 Posts