Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bielsa has called 14 foreign players for the qualifying match against Ecuador in March 30th:

Javier Saviola (Barcelona, España), Pablo Cavallero (Celta de Vigo, España), Roberto Ayala y Pablo Aimar (Valencia, España), Riquelme y Sebastián Battaglia (Villarreal, España), Javier Zanetti y Cristian "Kily" González (Internazionale, Italia), Walter Samuel (Roma, Italia), Gabriel Heinze y Juan Pablo Sorín (París Saint Germain, Francia), Hernán Crespo (Chelsea, Inglaterra), Andrés D'Alessandro (Wolfsburgo, Alemania) y César Delgado (Cruz Azul, México).

Domestic players will call later.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
I dont agree on calling Cavallero, he has been no in a good shape this season, recieved dozen of goals!!!

Good calls, Riquelme and Batta:happy:

Glad not to see Almyeda and Placente.

Hoped to see Ibagaza and Luqe both of A.Madrid.

Maybe it will be the 1st time in Bielsa's career with the NT to have more local players than before, now he called 14 forgien and remain 4 or 6 to complete the list... I cant remember him calling such this number!
last 4: El Pato, Tevez, C.Rodriquez and Cavenaghi:star:

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
Well, Pablito is injured and might not be 100% fit for this game, so Riquelme might even start this game! And Battaglia will probably start aswell.

My only disappointment is that Solari wasn't called, I prefer him over Kily.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I would have left out Crespo in order to play Saviola from the start...

Again he will get just about 10 mins playing time... :mad:

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
Batigol9 said:
...now he called 14 forgien and remain 4 or 6 to complete the list... I cant remember him calling such this number!
last 4: El Pato, Tevez, C.Rodriquez and Cavenaghi:star:
You got most of those right, but Clemente Rodriguez isn't one of them.

Bielsa will call Abbondanzieri, Costanzo, Tevez, Lucho Gonzalez and Mariano Gonzalez.

Nope, no Cavenaghi. :stress:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Clemente Rodriguez is the defense player right??? I think he is also one of the good player argentine have right now.

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
Kily??????Heinze?????Crespo????Cavallero????? the old guard still have some of his boys contaminating the team, by the way I prefer Clemente over Sorin three thousand times. Other players insteaD OF THE MENTIONED from europe: Solari, Franco.

·
Nasty Woman
22,583 Posts
futbolargentino is reporting that only 3000 tickets have been sold for the Argentina-Ecuador match. :(

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Bielsa has called up: Tevez, Burdisso, Clemente Rodriguez, Costanzo, Luis Gonzalez, Gonzalo Rodriguez, Mascherano and Mariano Gonzalez.

Samuel will not be able to figure against Ecuador due to a one matchsuspension.

·
18,041 Posts
I don't get the constanzo call, I think that even the old master of Montoya is far better than him and Abondancieri is superb by now, he is calm he nows that the position belongs to him, he improves every day in many aspects (the passes he make are incredible) and a winner. Plus Lux, Eberto and Caballero looks better than Consatanzo, the guy is far better than Burgos and Cavallero, but he is still young and inmature, and seems it is a cool guy, but at this moment the above mention are better, why on hell we always have a "normal" goalkeeper, is important in a team like argentina that always plays attacking football to assure that the two or three attacks that permit to the oponent has to be solve, if not WC 2002 history again. And it seems the old awesome Gallardo has lost any posibility to be in the team.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Agreed, Solari has done beautiful things whenever he was given the chance to play at Real... he should be definately in the squad.

And please sack Crespo! :yuck:

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
Spare me! Costanzo is a far better keeper than Abbondanzieri nad that low-life of Navarro Montoya. Face it, right now Costanzo is in great form and should be our NT keeper. ALl those clowns playing in Spain don't compare.

Fangio said:
I don't get the constanzo call, I think that even the old master of Montoya is far better than him and Abondancieri is superb by now, he is calm he nows that the position belongs to him, he improves every day in many aspects (the passes he make are incredible) and a winner. Plus Lux, Eberto and Caballero looks better than Consatanzo, the guy is far better than Burgos and Cavallero, but he is still young and inmature, and seems it is a cool guy, but at this moment the above mention are better, why on hell we always have a "normal" goalkeeper, is important in a team like argentina that always plays attacking football to assure that the two or three attacks that permit to the oponent has to be solve, if not WC 2002 history again. And it seems the old awesome Gallardo has lost any posibility to be in the team.

·
18,041 Posts
Spare me! Costanzo is a far better keeper than Abbondanzieri nad that low-life of Navarro Montoya. Face it, right now Costanzo is in great form and should be our NT keeper. ALl those clowns playing in Spain don't compare.
Loco do you have a problem on being objective? or is it that for just being in River a player deserve to be in the NT?
1. I have nothing against Constanzo, he looks like a great kid, with the qualities of an "atajador", but still not mature, not too secure, with great future. In fact I see more conditions in Lux, Lux has an awesome technich and it isn't as rebotero as Constanzo. By the way I prefer him a thousand times to Cavallero.
2. Abbondancieri, as almost every goalkeeper of his age, is reaching his highest level, now he doesn't feel a sub and day by day adding things to his game, that talks great of him and is product of his evolution. In the beginning his passes were the worst, now are the best, he was to much "rebotero" as Constanzo is, now he is more secure, he catches a lot of centres while Constanzo is a russian rulet, one yes, one no, but this failures in Constanzo, Abondancieri had them. In fact it looks more promising Constanzo (he flies like hell) than Abbondancieri at his age. I think that is the main reason Bielsa choose him.
3. For me is time for el Pato, we cannot risk the eliminatory with a young Constanzo, much less with Cavallero, a proven failure in the WC.
4. Please stop the attack to everything that comes from Boca, is the NT for Christ sake.
5. Well man, as usuall no hard feelings, we like alsmost the same players, (at least the river's ones:D ), by the way won't you like Bielsa try a Riquelme, Aimar and D'alessandro? that would be great, plus if he uses only one 5, I go for Mascherano, I now is disrepecting Bataglia's merits and trophies, but for a stand alone DM, Mascherano has everything, great player. If Bielsa uses three in the defense the two together can secure the back of the three mosqueteers, I care the less who is upfront, although the 9 MUST be Cavenaghi (**** his injure) and the support striker depending on the individual moment: Saviola, Tevez, or Delgado, the three of them great, but please to the old guard good bye: bye Crespo, bye Lopez, bye Kily, Zanetti and Veron for their exceptionall technic can stay, but not as referents, WE MUST use the Pekerboys, and also try Romagnoli as striker, he is coming back and is way better than the awesome/or trash Gonzales from Racing (there is no middle for this kid)

1 - 20 of 83 Posts