·
Registered
23,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think D.Niculae will play instead of Mutu against Russia :neutral:

·
Registered
69,969 Posts
There are positions where the B team is clearly better than A.

But well, we have to think 2 things:

-The B squad (and the A too) is not official yet

-There are players in B squad (according to GSP) that are there due to concrete reasons, like injuries. Especially Radoi and Zicu.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Nicolita should not be in the "A" team, maybe the "B" team. Although I admire his work ethic, he is not a confident player. He needs a coach that builds his confidence and Lacatus hasn't done this well, so his value is going down.

Zicu and Trica have some potential to move to the "A" team.

·
Registered
23,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nicolita:

+ work ethic
+ helps in defense
+ never stops running and working
+ his attitude paid off many times resulting in goals
+ a fairly good crosser
+ good at setpieces

- bad ball control
- weak physically
- little dribbling skills
- horrible finisher
- loses balls very easily

Trica:

+ a lethal shot
+ plays for the leader
+ good passer (with both feet i believe)

- a mediocre playmaker
- a troublemaker

Zicu

+ amazing dribbling
+ good passing

- not consistant
- weak mentality
- injury prone
- horrible finisher
- relatively slow

·
Banned
8,880 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Radoi is not what he used to be anymore....Everyone still looks to him as a leader and still assumes he is the same player he was in 04-05, but he hasn't really done anything to prove he is a star for Steaua or deserves to be on the National team.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
true, hes been out way to long for me to even give an opinion, we will see in the coming steaua games, if he doesnt get injured again...

·
Registered
395 Posts
He doesn't even care about the National team...
If that's true it would be a shame. In my opinion playing on the National team is the highest honor. Only 11 players of thousands of players get selected to represent the country. It's a chance to play for pride and honor, so if you don't care to play for the National team, that means you are only playing for money.

On the other hand I admire Ogararu's desire to play for the National team. He's a true player. The goal of a player should be to play hard to get on a good club team, which in turn will lead to play for the National team. The money will follow.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
he had some arguments in the past with piturca i believe and was kicked off for a while, but he was at least glad to come back when he did but then he got injured a bunch of times, i dont know his stance now but i cant understand why anyone wouldnt wanna play on the national team. anwyays this is all just from memory but i think he had some problems with the coaching and what not.

·
Registered
69,969 Posts
Radoi had some problems with Piturca but I don´t think he dislikes the NT.

If that was the case, he wouldn´t accept to play for the NT anymore, at least with Piturca as coach.

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
Every time he is asked about the NT, he responds with this smartass tone. "oh I don't have any idea about it, but I only care about Steaua anyway". He even declared once it's more important for him to play in the UCL with Steaua then with Romania at the Euros.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts