Registered
11,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vote for the best Bundesliga goalie.

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A real hard choice between Payer and Mandl. Both are young, both had fabulous games, both made mistakes. Finally and trying to be unbiased I voted for Mandl - because he had the hard task to force Ziegler out of the goal - and he did it, while Payer was more or less secure at his position.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Payer. He´s the future #1 for our NT and had an impressive season. Secured spot or not, he delivered.

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Alright, so I do the righteous step and refrain from Vereinsbrille polling. I don't want no quarrels with Quent, but too much is too much. Payer the future of our NT ?? How Vereinsbrille can you get, this is just ridiculous. I also refrain from voting for Mandl, as I just don't think he is the best keeper in the league. Like I said before, basically we have to shut up with keepers, as the great row with e.g. Rettensteiner, Koncilia, Wohlfahrt and Konsel is history, and it's history hard. The is no keeper of this class around, so I have to think about some unter der History Latte durchspringen decisions. And I came up with Almer.

PMDF

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Difficult.

I voted for Goriupp, despite his Schmähparaden. It was his first full season in Bundesliga after quite some time in first division and he turned out to be an important part of an impressive FC Kärnten-squad.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Alexx said:
Alright, so I do the righteous step and refrain from Vereinsbrille polling. I don't want no quarrels with Quent, but too much is too much. Payer the future of our NT ?? How Vereinsbrille can you get, this is just ridiculous. I also refrain from voting for Mandl, as I just don't think he is the best keeper in the league. Like I said before, basically we have to shut up with keepers, as the great row with e.g. Rettensteiner, Koncilia, Wohlfahrt and Konsel is history, and it's history hard. The is no keeper of this class around, so I have to think about some unter der History Latte durchspringen decisions. And I came up with Almer.

PMDF
So who exactly would you consider to be the team´s future keeper, seeing your sentiments towards a certain Alex Manninger are not very good? And mind you, I did not even contemplate putting Payer in the same region as Konsel or Wohlfahrt. I know that he has yet to prove himself for a longer time than half a season, but I think that Payer showed his potential, seeing what inferior defense he had to deal with this season. If he continues that way, I dare to say that he can be the future #1.

After all, there has to be someone, or is it just me?

And do me the favor to spare me with this Vereinsbrille-crap. It´s an argument that was pretty foreseeable, but you of all people around here should refrain from putting up such issues, especially when you have a long way to go when it comes to objectivity yourself.

The performances Payer offered this season speak for him, too, which is why my vote went out for him. I´m as objective as they come on this matter.

;)

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
1. Helge Payer - no doubt really, he played some amazing matches that season.
2. Roland Goriupp.
3. Thomas Mandl

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
If you start to come at me by your "crap" wording, palley, go to hell ! And your vote is totally ridiculous Vereinsbrille indeed absurdity. And now you can spare me your crap answer, as I go back to what I did until today and what is really needed with you, I just won't read your crap Vereinsbrille answers anymore, good day !

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alexx, yellow card! No reason to overreact in a fairly calm discussion!:mad:

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Hope you sort it out, as you seem to clash quite a lot recently.
I find such attacks pointless however, since Quent is nowhere near the typical SCR-fan we all love to hate.

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
MxPx, what about the Dirty Dozen? Enlighten us, please...:)

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Well, it's obvious...

There's only one Thomas Mandl! :star:

He had some great games, sometimes he didn't look very good, but most of the time he delivered good displays in goal as a team needs them. And his goal-celebrations are pure cult! :cool: I'm sure he's a lot happier than the scorer himself. (And of course he's a real Veilchen! ;))

Payer had good displays too, but not that good.
Goriupp imo proofed to be a very average goalie in recent games, as is Almer, imo. With one of them in goal in Germany I fear a serious hammering. (And I'd like the idea to have either Payer or preferably Mandl on the bench for the first time.)

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There's no clear nr.1. Comparing Payer and Mandl:

Payer ist technically a bit more gifted, but Mandl makes the stronger impression both physically and psychologically. They are quite even.

Trust an old goalie...;)

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
In addition to our expert judging, we now have also the amateur rating in:

Bei der unter den Trainern, Managern und Präsidenten aller Vereine sowie dem Vorstand der Bundesliga durchgeführten Wahl setzte sich Goriupp (68) vor Franz Almer (GAK/64) und Stanislaw Tschertschessow (FC Tirol) durch.

And ranking Tschertschessow on third turns my joke into fact. There is definitely some amateur element in building this ranking. I bet Kartnig and his Adlatus manager voted on Tschertschessow...

;)

PM

DF

·
Registered
488 Posts
A though decision this is, both of the guys did a very fine job but as I have to decide for one of them my vote goes to Thomas Mandl as he kept Ziegler out of the first team due to his good performances and I can't remeber one bad game from him. But as I mentioned before Helge Payer would have deserved it as well:) .

I can't agree with the official rating made by managers etc. as I think that Tschertschessow did a pretty good job for a 38- year old but he clearly wasn't the third best keeper this season and Almer IMO has to thank Tokic:star: and Akoto for their good perfomances as I didn't find him that convincing - he's a bit like Ziegler in his Tirol days.

However I agree with Quent as I do think that Manninger, Payer and Mandl are the future of our NT and Manninger had a pretty good season with Fiorentina, he even got the best average rating of all keepers in Serie A according to televideo (Rai Uno text) and therefore is the goalie of their allstar team:dazed:

PMDF and DF4L

Max

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
And that again shows that the so called experts aren't that good in expertise. I'm sure there are lots of goalies who are worse than Manninger, but I'm also sure there are lots who are better - also in Serie A! And placing Goriupp in front of Almer and Tschertschessov is simply a bad joke!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts