Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yesterday chelsea announced the singing of goalkeeper cech for 7 million from riennes! now why is a goalkeeper, whom i never heard of, and will probably be a substitue for cudicini, bought for 7 million!! i know i said this before and the guy is filthy rich but this is really pushin it,,, Arsenal bought wiltord for 5 million and Giblerto Silva for 4.5 million (two world cup winners i think), and chelsea pay 19 million for parker (not a single international cap) and a goalkeepr from a french middle of the table club...:greed:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Chelsea Agree Deal For Cech
Latest News | Latest Transfer News | News Archive

Cech: arrives at Stamford Bridge in the summer (AFP)
02/09/2004. As had been widely expected, Chelsea and Rennes have agreed a deal that will take Czech goalkeeper Petr Cech to Stamford Bridge in the summer.

Sporting director of Rennes, Pierre Dreossi, did not reveal the fee paid by the Blues for Cech, 21, although Czech media reports have suggested a figure of around ? million.

The keeper joined Rennes in summer 2002, and has become first choice for his national side ?who qualified for the Euro 2004 finals in Portugal.

Both Real Madrid and Inter Milan had been linked with Cech, whose arrival in West London will swell Cladio Ranieri's goalkeeping options to six, with Carlo Cudicini, regarded as one of best in the Premiership, in pole position ahead of Carlo Ambrosio, Jurgen Macho, Neil Sullivan and the on-loan Lenny Pidgely.

Given Ranieri's apparent policy, since Roman Abramovich took over and made part of his fortune available to the club, of having at least two top-class players for each position, it can be assumed that Cech will go straight to number two in the pecking order.

Graham Lister

soccerage

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
cech will be amazing.....which means you have the goalkeeper area cover for the next 10 or so years

and y are worrying about money when its not like ranieri has a budget....he got told that he should have 2 superb players, so he is buying ht eplayes to creat a world dominating team......and its not like he is buying old, past it players, but he is buying players for the current/future of the club

1 - 7 of 7 Posts