Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
60,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...There's a big attacking dillema next season.

I watched Juve - Reggina and I was certainly impressed with Del Piero's display. He was class :star: and had some great moves especially in the second half, he was such a delight to watch.

You've already signed Mutu (and maybe he'll move to Rome in return for a certain Antonio) and he's so similar to Del Piero as both are support strikers that make plays as well as score goals. And you've got plenty of central strikers. Now that Del Piero has silenced his critics, he wouldn't leave at the end of the season that's for sure.

Del Piero - Mutu/Cassano - Trezeguet - Zalayeta and Zlatan. Zalayeta is a decent squad player and he will happily sit on the bench. But if Del Piero maintains this form he SURELY can't be benched. Hell, he was crap yet Capello still started him. Cassano on the bench ? Hmmm, Don't think so. You just can't put a player like Cassano on the bench. He's so damn good for that role.

What do you think ?

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
We can play with DP behind the strikers and play with Zlatan-Trez and Cassano will come in /trez or zlatan with time ..

i'm very happy that DP is regaining his form, last 3 matches in Serie A he scored 4 goals (Roma,Siena and Reggina) :) .

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
or another notice, DON'T BUY FRIGGIN CASSANO.

we dont need immature kids that cause badass problems on notice.

Mutu-DP-Trez-Zlatan is enough.

·
Banned
6,222 Posts
Zalayeta might be loaned or sold, you never know. He's been very good this year and surprsingly it's the same player who didn't score for 6 games in Perguia, and PERUGIA decided they didn't want him. But you never know... there might be a surprise even with Trez or Nedved. Remember Mutu can also play in Nedved's position. I'm all for bringing Cassano, he's obviously unhappy in Roma, and he can develop nicely in Juve and become truely world class.

Del Piero never forgot how to play football. This is a player with tremendous talent, more than anybody in the world, probably more than was seen in the history of the game for 20 years or so... :proud: he had problems of fitness, but he's hard working and has strong will and strong belief. He is modest and he lets his critics be silenced because of what he does with the ball, not outside the pitch or anywhere else. But when you have a star like Ale being in fitness problem, you need to let him play the full games, even when they're less inspiring in order for him to regain confidence. Only then can the power be unleashed and the scoring exploded. Adriano had terrible 4 months because of injuries and fitness, yet he came back like a champion. Same thing with Alex. :star:

I just can't stand people not giving a chance to super talents like Alex, thinking they can deliver on any game, not understanding anything about football :rollani: and how to regain confidence and the right state of mind and instinct. Most Juve fans, in most forums I've been to, support their captain 100 % , some don't... especially people like Glen "I expect the second paid player in the world to deliver bla bla..." ignoring the fact that Del Piero made Juventus a house hold name all over the world, Del Piero brought Juve to heights that it never knew possible, Del Piero is a huge economical source :greed: , since his shirt selling and the juve merchandise in general he's responsible to amount to dozens of his salary alone, not to mention the successes they owe him, and not mentioning the fact, that Capello think 50 minus minutes can bring the confidence back to a player. Just imagine Ale being replaced after the first half.... knowing that you have that stress, criticizm, and watchful eye that doesn't let your creativity show , is what destroys football in general. Capello is a destroyer of football, he did the same thing to Baggio and Montella...and Di Canio... he wants results, immediate, but he ruins the game. I hope he understands know that Del Piero is the guy to deliver the crucial victories over the season... it took a while for Lippi too, but he's the champion. He and no one else. And this should be the best time of his carrear. Giving the reigns and downsizing the pressure, Del Piero could give 5 more amazing divine years, perhaps even more world class then ever. :thmbup:

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Give this thing a little more time to see. It's Reggina and not some big side and big game. Dribble boy scoring loads I see. Impact player. :tongue:

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
he already scored 11 goals,, only 4 far from adriano...

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Yup 11 goals in a season where Trez and Zalayeta have mostly sat out while DP has been his usual diminishing self. :lala: Let's just concentrate on DP and his supposed resurgence. ;)

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
we will see

just wait 4 the BIG 1 if u get what i mean ;)

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Please send Del Piero to us. Inter would gladly take him. We need Italian talent.

I can just imagine it now

Starting Forwards for Inter

VIERI AND DEL PIERO

Just like 98 MAN

GOOD OLE DAYS

WHEW I WISH

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
May I suggest a Gamarra-DP swap? like our famous swaps with JUVE

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Egyptian_Juventino said:
and Adriano Pulsar? :D
Adriano will be converted to our version of Pirlo.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
He scored only because of Ibra's magic.

Before that he had a good shot because Zala fed him.

He didn't create anything himself, and made no good passes.

I don't think he would be a good hitman for very long.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Fuk, 3 good games in a row and he is back and WTF are these Inter fans smoking today??

Del Piero has been a favourite of mine for quite some time but playing a hadnful of good games doesnt cut it for me. What you saw in this game is what is expected of him, nothing less!!

He will stay at the club and if he plays as he did in the SECOND half, as his first half performance was shitty, then it would be great.

As for Cassano, its a want, not a need. Mutu, Zlatan and Del Piero is more than enough for creative forwards. Add to that Olivera and even Kapo who can play that role, and i think Capello has enough when playing playing 2 forwards or even a trident.

Make no mistake though, if Del Piero can perform well in the CL and keep up his form, then its great. But he hasnt played enough good games this season to suggest he is back to his best.

Inter fans, you have Adriano and Martins...why would you even ask for Del Piero?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Sebastian50 said:
He scored only because of Ibra's magic.

Before that he had a good shot because Zala fed him.

He didn't create anything himself, and made no good passes.

I don't think he would be a good hitman for very long.
Hehe great thinking there genius. And he was only on the field because Capello put him there, and only a Juventus player because the club officials signed him, and only alive because his dad and mom chose to do the you-know-what that particular night he was conceived....he gets no credit whatsoever.

Freaking Genius. :thumbsup: :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 130 Posts