Registered
3,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
think about the WC:eekani: :eekani: :sweeteye: :sweeteye:

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
Yes just one month to go! :)
What are your prefered lineup, and what are your expectations for Turkey in this world cup?

My lineup:

.....................Rüstü

Fatih.......Emre A.......Bülent K(Alpay).....Ergün

Okan.......Bastürk.......Emre B......Hasan S

...............Hakan S..........Ilhan M

If we play with this lineup I will expect a place in the quaterfinals.

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
I would definitely start Alpay in defense. I am not sure if I would go with Ilhan as a support striker, but it might be able to work.

We really have an easy draw, so I think we can go to the Quarters this time around:)

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
My line up:

__________________Rustu__________________

Umit D., _______Alpay, _____Bulent,_____ Hakan U.

___Okan,________ _Emre B.,________ Hasan Sas

__________Yildiray___________________________

______________Ilhan,______ HakanS.___________

Subs:

Omer(for rustu)
Fatih (for umit)
Sergen(if not ready Tumer)(for yildiray or emre)
Emre A.(for alpay or bulent)
Ergun(for hakanU. or Hasan)
Tugay(For Emre)
Izzet(for yildiray)
Serhat(for hakan or ilhan)

I think with this squad we can reach quarter finals easily. It depends on the opponent in the q finals. But I truly believe we can win this thing if we play are best. I also think Serhat from Fener deserves to be on the squad, he is a great striker and fast and quick, he would fit right in, and we need another striker to sub hakan or ilhan and serhat would be my choice.

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
I think it will be very difficult to win in the quarters because our most probable opponents are the top two teams in the world, France and Argentina:(

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
I think it will be very difficult to win in the quarters because our most probable opponents are the top two teams in the world, France and Argentina
Let's do it step by step;)

First thing is to not to lose against Brasil:tongue:

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
I'd normally start with Alpay too, however the man hasn't played a competitive match for such a long time, it would be a big risk (read today he's having injections in his ankle to get him fit for the WC).

I'm not sure if M.Izzet will even be selected.

I hope Rustu stays fit and Sergen recovers.

I think we all virtually agree on the midfield and attack. Left-back/right back? Umit I like a lot, but again not match fit. Hakan is slowly getting his games... so my formation would probably look pretty much like Manny's.

·
*the drum drum*
42,997 Posts
Why is everyone goign for a 4-4-2 system?

Our NT plays with a 5-3-2 system :)
With the 2 wide defenders playing as wingbacks...

So, with a 3 man defensive line, you have to have a sweeper (Umit Ozat)...

I think if we can play a defence based game with a running midfield to suport attacks, we'd be best off....Guy like Okan, Yildiray, Hasan Sas etc are lethal on the counter attack, and we have some very good wingbacks who could also get forward in counter-attacks (Fatih, Hakan etc)....

No use in making our line-ups though...Senol Gunes will just play the usual 8-1-1 formation with long balls to Hakan (who'll be surrounded by 4 defenders :rolleyes: )

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Prince-T said:

No use in making our line-ups though...Senol Gunes will just play the usual 8-1-1 formation with long balls to Hakan (who'll be surrounded by 4 defenders :rolleyes: )

:D

I also would take the lineup from Manny!
I trust Ilhan more than Hakan Sukur. Ok, Ilhan has no experience in international games and Hakan scores better in the NT than in Italy. But I think Ilhan will be the star (if he gets in the squad of course)

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
Gunes' line up will probably be:

Umit D., ___________Ogun.,__________ Hakan U.

Yildiray,____Okan___ Emre B.,___Hasan Sas____ Ergun

____________Ilhan,______ HakanS.__________

I would go with Alpay instead of Ogun and Serhat instead of Ilhan. I think Serhat can be pretty helpfull along with Hakan;)

Unlike most of you, I think Abdullah can take Ergun's place for 45 minutes.:tongue:

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
___________Ogun.,__________
This guy is not ment to play at international level anymore. He isn´t what he use to be - if he plays I agree with you Aragon, he should play in defense, not as a Attacker or a offensive midfielder - If someone has noticed Mr. Senol has used him in that position a couple of times: One Word - PATHETIC!!!!

When you have players Like Hakan, Umit Karan and Ilhan this guy plays Ogun as a attacker - same thing goes with Umit Özat, this guy doesn´t know what defending is.....he really thinks he is a Forward, in every game he has played he tries to immitate Bayerns Lucio, and it isn´t pleasent to watch.

Put Bulent Korkmaz in central defence along with Alpay and Emre Asik, not Ogun or Umit Özat. When it comes to the the lineup, this is the formation I prefer:

------Rustu----
----------Emre Asik----Bulent------Alpay---------
Nihat/Yildiray---------Tugay--------Emre.B--------Ergun------Hasan.S

--------------- Hakan.S------Umit.K-------

Bench: Unsal, Sergen, Umit.D, Fatih, Serhat, Arif, Tayfun, Kerem.

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
No use in making our line-ups though...Senol Gunes will just play the usual 8-1-1 formation with long balls to Hakan (who'll be surrounded by 4 defenders )
Thats the one of the most hilarious and true things I have heard in this forum so far

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

opps my manager is giving me bad looks:scared:

BRING IT:devil:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
InfamousPlayer2 said:
My line up:

Umit D., _______Alpay, _____Bulent,_____ Hakan U.

___Okan,________ _Emre B.,________ Hasan Sas

__________Yildiray___________________________

______________Ilhan,______ HakanS.___________

Subs:

Omer(for rustu)
Fatih (for umit)
Sergen(if not ready Tumer)(for yildiray or emre)
Emre A.(for alpay or bulent)
Ergun(for hakanU. or Hasan)
Tugay(For Emre)
Izzet(for yildiray)
Serhat(for hakan or ilhan)

I think with this squad we can reach quarter finals easily. It depends on the opponent in the q finals. But I truly believe we can win this thing if we play are best. I also think Serhat from Fener deserves to be on the squad, he is a great striker and fast and quick, he would fit right in, and we need another striker to sub hakan or ilhan and serhat would be my choice.
I am going to put Fatih in Umit D. position, because I watched some games of Umit and I don't think he even deserves a spot on the team. I am also taking Izzet and Umit D. out of the squad and replacing them with Umit Karan and Umit Ozat, because these players would be better for this squad(both bench players however)

·
*the drum drum*
42,997 Posts
Has anyone noticed that in other countries (Spain, Italy, England etc) players will play their hearts out to have even a distant chance of makeing the WC team. Some players will even make the most unlikely transfers to make the team (eg Baggio to Brescia, when Lazio, Barcelona and Parma wanted him)...

But in Turkey, we know the exact faces we'll see at the WC, even before we qualify :rolleyes:

I would have liked to see players like Oktay, Umit Davala, Okan etc make more of an effort to earn their spots in the team rather than sit the bench for their teams :rolleyes:

:eek:

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
I would have liked to see players like Oktay, Umit Davala, Okan etc make more of an effort to earn their spots in the team rather than sit the bench for their teams
I didn't think that I will ever say that but, soon we may suffer from too many qualified candidates for the NT:eek: :D

It is a very good sign that we'll have a lot of alternatives.
However, we really need a strong, charismatic coach to take control of the situation. Someone whom nobody would discuss his decisions.:rolleyes:

That's for the next step of course, especially if we can make the quarter finals:cool:

Now, we should focus on WC in front of us;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts