Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Batistuta signed for AS Roma

Finally it's official: Gabriel Omar Batistuta will play next season with AS Roma jersey. The signature of the contract arrived in late Monday evening at Buenos Aires, Tuesday night in Italy.

"We did it, we signed the contract" said Ansa Settimio Aloisio, agent of the forward at the end of the meeting with Franco Baldini, manager of the Italian club, and with Batistuta "To avoid talks and curious people we preferred to make everything in the peace of my house".

Aloisio continued "There aren't news about what we already agreed during the talks we had in Rome last week. However it's not my work to point out the economical details of the agreement, I guess Franco Sensi will take care of that during Tuesday".

Anyway these details are well known by everyone: AS Roma will pay Fiorentina 70 billion lire (€36m) while Batistuta will have a three years contract which let him earn 12 billion lire for season (€6.2m).

The announcement put the word over to a long negotiation with AS Roma, Batistuta and Inter involved. In fact just ten days ago it seemed Inter to be the club with more chances to sign the player, but the giant offer from the Sensi's club persuaded the Argentine striker to move to Rome.
-------------------------------------------
To answer my question in my own opinion,(please write yours)
YES!!!!!
This plan that Sensi is building is a short term thing,we're not building our youth program here,its immediate results we're looking for,
So what does Bati bring,besides the price tag:
a)Leadership-What i'm hoping for is that Bati provides leadership when we're down psyciologically.Like when we lost to Juve and didn't rebound.OR that second half of the season that we always have troubles with.
And hopefully provide Totti with his experiences that he learned from.
b)Freekicks-Roma failed to score once on a freekick,many posts and crossbars but no goals.We all know what kind of goal he scored against Lazio.We need that extra element to our game.
c)Headers-Again another area where we lack.
We scored three,two by Aldair and one by Zago.So,that means they were on set pieces.We lack that upfront,and despite Delvecchio's size he failed to score.Bati gets usually 4 or 5 a year,and is always a threat.
d)Finishing-We were by far the best team to create chances all year,but when our front line got cold we failed to finish the simpliest of finishes.Then i look at for example,the last game with Fiorentina,Bati's finish with the outside of the foot,so calm and made it look really easy.
He scored 24 goals,no penalties,and thats not even including other competitions like Champions League.If he can give us 20 goals we'll be more than happy.
e)Opens space-This will ultimately take the edge and pressure off Totti who will no longer be the marked man,this will open space,and we all know how dangerous he can be with the tiniest of areas.
Also,for the second forward,whether it be Montella or Delvecchio.It will give them more breathing room.
f)Scudetto-The most important,he gives us a chance at the scudetto.Plain and simply.

For all these things he gives us,he is diffenently worth the money,and is probably the best attacker in Serie A of the decade.
Cause he's always there at the top of the list when its all said and done.
Another thing i like about this deal,is internationally it will put Roma on the map with a Superstar of his stature,he will hopefully bring some new fans,whether it be Fiorentina fans or others!!! :) :)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Is he worth it? Well thats hard to say. If you ask me after the next season i could give you an answer. But anyway, say that he scores 35-40 goals in all competitions, then he really was worth it. And if you include Montellas 30-40 goals, wow, have we great forwards or what.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Lupo, thanks for your great analysis. u are right, i am a new roma fan because of him. although not many fans participate in this forum, i learn too much about roma from your posts. so, keep on your good jobs.

D

·
0 Posts
I predict Roma is going to score an amazing amount of goals next season, now with the addition of Batitstuta.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Of course he's worth it! The guy is THE BEST (I repeat THE BEST) striker in the world! If he's not worth it, then who is???

G

·
0 Posts
If Roma win the title next season then Batigoal is worth it. If not, he is not worth it.

Now with Emerson, Bati and co Roma do have a squad! Good players on the bench, thats what is important in Serie A.

Forza Roma

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
I don't think you're right, cause a single player CANNOT win the scudetto on his own. Sure, Roma bought him for that reason, but :
if e.g. they don't win the scudetto next year and Bati is top Serie A goalscorer then what are they going to say? Was he or wasn't he worth it? Or, Bati being in Fiorentina for 10 years and not winning the scudetto makes him not worth of the money he was being paid all these years?

And let's reverse the whole thing: don't you think that Bati's trasnfer ought to cost a bit more than Vieri's last year? I don't mean anything for Vieri, he's really great, ...
Bati though is UNIQUE!

·
Registered
581 Posts
It is well deserved. Batigol is the best forward in the world.

[This message has been edited by Cyborg (edited 31-05-2000).]

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Roma attack will be lethel,
cause we had the most successful Tridente in l'italia this year.And to add a player like Bati in that mix is insane.
You're right he is unique,
cause in the way he makes scoring goals that easy.
But we must remember that the offence will not only come from the front three but also from the midfield as with the addition of Emerson,is very creative,and can launch some nice balls to the attack and can shoot from long distances.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Ofcourse he's worth it. Bati scores more fieldgoals than any other player in Serie A (a lot of the Shevvy goals were penaltykicks).
I think we now have a great attack and with Emerson and Samuel we finally have a good defence also.
But lets not forget that new players are not immediately played in on eachother. I don't think we can demand a scudetto for next season, but we will qualify for the Champions League next season.

J

·
0 Posts
I think Bati was expensive but he scores lot of goals for you. Anyway, this doesen't guarantee the scudetto...
...and if you don't win the scudetto I don't think that many of you say that he was worth it.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Isn't Roma considered a weak team? How can a weak team win the scudetto? You need a very good team to win the scudetto, not just a very good attacker.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
As someone has already ready mentioned 1player cannot win you the championship..If Roma steps up as a team then they may have a chance...In my opinion I would give a couple of seasons to see them be contenders...

L

·
0 Posts
Bienvenuti a La Roma Batigol

Enough already, my italian goes no further --unfortunately.

Il Lupo - am always concerned when players the wrong side of 30 arrive at my club. However Ginola was a revelation at Spurs so, as they say over here, a good old 'un is better than a two raw young 'uns.

However it's clear that buying older does come with risks. Old bones tend to take longer to heal!! Sp please no uneccessary injuries.

What about young players though? I noticed today in Football Italia magazine that no Roma players are in the Italy U-21's. Are there no new Tottis on the horizon?

K

·
0 Posts
Of course he is worth it !!!!!
I agree with hala - he is THE BEST !!!
If you are asking if he is worth it, so write who is the better than Bati or who is worth it to buy him
You must be happy you have got the BEST football forward and not ask if he is worth it - sorry but i have never read more stupid question

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
If you would have to ask is he worth it/then ask yourself is any other player worth having..
Bati plays the game for the passion any other player would play for the dollars$$

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
London Bhoy,
we actually have two players in the u-21 side,Lupatelli he's the second string goalie behind Abbiati.And of course, C.Zanetti who we got in the deal with Di Biagio,well,more like a shared loan.But just a week ago Zanetti said he wishes to stay at Roma and has a lot of trust in Capello.
I really hope Zanetti will get chances in the line up and i know he will,i've watched closely the report ccards of the u-21 games and Zanetti usually gets the highest on the team and is a regular starter.
With Emerson coming this could be a little bit of a problem,but with the amount of good quality players Capello has said that he will utilize the turnover system which brought him huge success in Milan wiht all those Championships.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Blasi played in the Toulon u.21 tournament.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts