Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
GH talked about Igor Biscan and he said he will become a big star for Liverpool next season. Then, he continued to say:

"It's been difficult for him because of our work permit situation. We could only play Stephane Henchoz, Jerzy Dudek and Vladimir Smicer in a league match, but that will soon change."

That will soon change.... Is he giving out a hint? There are quite a few possible:

1) Henchoz will be an EU player, either Swiz becomes an EU country or he gets an British passport.
2) Someone will be axed. I think Smicer will be the one if this is going to happen because I can't see Dudek or Henchoz leaving.

What else n What do you think?

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update!

These are the changes:

Henchoz will qualify for British citizenship this summer having spent five years in the country, whilst Dudek, Baros and Smicer will all be able to work in the country under the EU freedom of employment ruling from the end of the year, when Poland and the Czech Republic sign up to the EU.

·
Registered
516 Posts
What does everyone else think about Biscan? I actually think hes a really good player who just hasn't had the chance to show what hes capable of. And whats his best position? I've seen him play quite well in the defensive midfield position but hes also been used on the right and at right back on the rare occasions hes played.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We discussed this a lot when Biscan was just signed by GH. Quite a lot of people believe his best position would be central back but GH saw him as a central midfielder.

I think Biscan is a good player and I hope GH will keep his word and let Biscan play more next season.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
When we just signed him ...he was tops!! Anway he must be tops when u consider the names of all the big clubs vying for his signature prior to GH poaching him.

A ferocious tackler...he has a good long shot too...

I trust GH and am looking forward to seeing Biscan getting more chance to show what he can do

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
Hi everyone..

Well I was one who was really waiting for a big impact from big old Igor.. Ok.. I can agree that he was constantly played out of position at right midfield where he has proven that he cannot cross or run a lot!! But my only concern is his commitment.. I mean.. when he plays.. he's more like a dead zombie from Resident Evil just having a stroll!! I really hope he'd change that attitude..

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
I don't think he suffers from a lack of comitment... that's just the way he is.

He could make a very good defensive central midfielder but should not be played on the flanks as he is not really that comfortable with the ball at his feet...

I mean I don't really know what to make of him... he was bought for a lot and has done little but he has not had the chance...

It should be like a new signing I guess

1 - 7 of 7 Posts