Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nacho has been given an automatic one match suspension, with a further 12 points added on to disciplinary record. This effectively means the SFA have given him a three match ban. Seems like the SFA bigwigs were in no doubt as to Novo's intent in the Pearson incident. I think this decision is utter garbage. I've seen this supposed stamp about 10 times and there's no way you can prove intent. If something like this was tried in a court of law I very much doubt that Nacho would have been found guilty.

Quite simply, the SFA have decided that they had to punish Rangers for something, just to even up the score. Thompson's red card was upheld, Camara was obviously guilty, but hold on, we'd better pander to those paranoia merchants in the East End. I didn't expect anything less from those @rseholes, but i'm still severely pissed off.

Anyway, we just have to get on with it. Novo will miss the games against Killie, Dundee United, and Dunfermline. Lets have nine points from those games just to get it right up the SFA.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
The wee dick has been trying to hurt other players for several games on the trot. He was lucky to even play in the match in which the incident that led to his ban happened. He also had a kick out at Jackie MacNamara during that match, also the Rocastle incident the week before and another swing at a player during a UEFA match a few days later.

Tough shit Ignacio, I hope you learn a lesson this time.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
mincecfc said:
The wee dick has been trying to hurt other players for several games on the trot. He was lucky to even play in the match in which the incident that led to his ban happened. He also had a kick out at Jackie MacNamara during that match, also the Rocastle incident the week before and another swing at a player during a UEFA match a few days later.

Tough shit Ignacio, I hope you learn a lesson this time.
They are judged on a single incident so all the rest don't matter. If that were the case Lennon should also think himself luck in not only the last Old Firm game but the Milan game too- constantly moaning on top of that.

Camara quite rightly got a ban- he admitted it. Novo on the other hand was a different case. Even Pearson said that he thought it was an accident. I think it is justice though because Novo should really have been tried on the incident with McNamara earlier of which he was guilty. Just the SFA, those anti-Celtic guys, going the wrong way about it.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He wasn't being judged on other incidents, he was being judged on the Pearson one. I, like the other gers supporter's have criticised Nacho for his actions against the likes of McNamara. If the point you're trying to make is that karma's eventually caught up with him, then fair enough, but i'm still unhappy he was found guilty in this instance.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
That was my point, karma has caught up with him. I am well aware that he was only judged on the Pearson incident.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
mincecfc said:
That was my point, karma has caught up with him. I am well aware that he was only judged on the Pearson incident.
Hopefully it will catch up with Lennon and Thompson then too.

·
Registered
7,017 Posts
A 1-match ban for stamping on someone's head?

Pretty lenient puinishment if you ask me.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
King_Henrik said:
A 1-match ban for stamping on someone's head?
:howler: Bit OTT in your summing up there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts